TOO MANY AFRICANS PLAYING FOR FRANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: TOO MANY AFRICANS PLAYING FOR FRANCE

Post by tfco »

Odas wrote:
highbury wrote:
Coach wrote:A plantation who's Solomon Northups are multimillionaires, not by virtue of their skill alone. The Major of London has had more chapattis than eggs sunny side up, t'is the world today...and so be it. Absolutely nothing wrong with the line-up, lest one forget, these players, blacker than midnight in Soweto, were chosen as national representatives. One day, in an M.Knight Shyamalan epic, Africa will be serious enough for people to take pride in being part of its purpose. Till then, Chris Iwelumo!
Why does it seem like you get off from posting statements in a word salad version that doesn't make sense? Did you finish elementary school? I think the statements you make clearly masquerade your deficiencies.
Eh? I thought it is ONLY me! Frankly speaking, a lot of times I don't know what Coach is talking about. From the little I know, if others cannot decode your message, then the meaning of the message is lost; therefore, a waste of time. In this case (internet), a waste of bandwidth (space) as well
it appears the issue is not with the message, nor the messenger

You should attempt 'to know a little more' then you too can 'decode' the message :D

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.

I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?

In 1990, Cameroun reached the quarter finals of the WC. 26yrs later,that feat is yet to be surpassed by an African team at the wc. Infact, only 2 other African teams have made it that far. Most African teams that qualify for the WC are quickly disposed of in the group stages. In 2000, France won it with the help of great African players like Zidane, Desaily,Makalele and Thuram. No biggie, they're French anyway!

But what has happenned to the countries that those players would have represented? Anybody care to list their achievements?

The Yorubas say that " Ti a ban sun ekun a si ma ri rán". Sorry it's no red pen Shakespearean English, it simply means that when one cries, one can still see. A lot of you people are crying but you can't see. Your tears have gotten in the way,you can no longer see what's happening to you. Instead, you hold on to ideals that have never yielded much benefit to you or your kin.
The listed players would not have reached the same potential it they had developed in Africa.
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...these tournament, euro and copa, have helped to put name/face to country.
Personally I always think those black players with strong African sounding names are actually Africans (currently). With so many of them in the french squad. Even the Payet guy, i thought he was south American. Didn't even Lamela is Argie, then you have those playing for Wales, Ashley William< thought na proper englander. Then some guys in the Slovakia side, Skitle or is it Skeetle :D etc
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
tfco wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If I had started a thread about the African unemployement rate in France or about French racism most of you would jump back to reality and start berating the French as racists and haters. Since the thread is about France using African players to the detriment of their native countries, it's perfectly fine because they're getting paid well as claimed by the ever myopic Typical Nigerian perspective.
Really?
So players like Vieira, Desaiily were USED to the detriment of Senegal/Ghana? How about the players WANT TO play for France.

What about German players of Austrian or Polish descent? Are they being USED?

I don't have a problem with African players playing for France but when over 50% of the French team consists on Congolese, Senegalese of Camerounians, then who will play for those countries?
I think the African countries you listed have done fairly well by also having players who WANT TO play for them

Do you have a problem with Austria USING David Alaba, or is your problem just with France?

That's a false equivalence! This issue is not for Simps.
what about Germany?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Actually a lot of them were not born in France, and some recent French players have roots in South America and southern Europe. There seems to be four sources for the France team:

1) Africa (Pogba, Sakho, Matuidi, Kante, Evra, Rami, Sagna, Sissoko etc).
2) Guadeloupe (Payet, Martial, Henry, Thuram etc).
3) South America (Trezeguet).
4) Southern/Latin Europe (Valbuena).
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It just didn't feel right to me,Yes they were born there,they only know France and all that stuff. Something about it just don't look right.
I see your point.
I met different French people on vacation in the USA on separate occasions.
Talked football ( soccer ) with them. Told them they have a very good French National team. They always just shrugged their shoulders with no comments.
The vacationers were all white. I was surprised. They appeared to know so much and loved soccer. Later i realized why they were Not so Enthused.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

In recent memory I think this is the order in which the top euro countries have fielded black players in their national teams.

France
Holland
Portugal
England
Ireland
Sweden
Germany/Italy/Spain
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

blueangel wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It just didn't feel right to me,Yes they were born there,they only know France and all that stuff. Something about it just don't look right.
I see your point.
I met different French people on vacation in the USA on separate occasions.
Talked football ( soccer ) with them. Told them they have a very good French National team. They always just shrugged their shoulders with no comments.
The vacationers were all white. I was surprised. They appeared to know so much and loved soccer. Later i realized why they were Not so Enthused.
Hmm, I saw an awful lot of them, mostly white, cheering their team on furiously in their opening game...I guess those guys didn't get the memo?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

:agree:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Because they are French who happen to have African ancestry?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

theYemster wrote:In recent memory I think this is the order in which the top euro countries have fielded black players in their national teams.

France
Holland
Portugal
England
Ireland
Sweden
Germany/Italy/Spain
Wey Belgium? :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Moderators should not allow garbage threads like this on the forums.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

What a stupid racist thread. So the black French players have to endure taunts of not being French enough not only from French racists but from stupid African racists like the butt hole who opened this thread. Should have been drowned in a latrine at birth, like all racists. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Correction: They are of African decent.

If they were "real" Africans:
  • ..... they would be playing anyhow e.g. SE 2018
    ...or then some bad belle people would have caused their downfall, e.g. CE members...u know yourselves
    ... or they will be fighting over money, e.g Ghana's 2014 team
    ... or think 1/4 round is a great achievement, e.g. Ghana 2010
    or self destruct, e.g. Naija 1994, Cameroon
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

African countries cannot compete with countries like France, England, US, Belgium, etc that get the best players from all over the world. Meanwhile we are expected to succeed with players in the SW when even 3SC have not been able to find a single decent player from there in 30 years. :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :sad:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:African countries cannot compete with countries like France, England, US, Belgium, etc that get the best players from all over the world. Meanwhile we are expected to succeed with players in the SW when even 3SC have not been able to find a single decent player from there in 30 years. :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :sad:
Martins , Yakubu , Yusuf, simon Moses are all from the sw.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

In 1990, Cameroun reached the quarter finals of the WC. 26yrs later,that feat is yet to be surpassed by an African team at the wc. Infact, only 2 other African teams have made it that far. Most African teams that qualify for the WC are quickly disposed of in the group stages. In 2000, France won it with the help of great African players like Zidane, Desaily,Makalele and Thuram. No biggie, they're French anyway!

But what has happenned to the countries that those players would have represented? Anybody care to list their achievements?

The Yorubas say that " Ti a ban sun ekun a si ma ri rán". Sorry it's no red pen Shakespearean English, it simply means that when one cries, one can still see. A lot of you people are crying but you can't see. Your tears have gotten in the way,you can no longer see what's happening to you. Instead, you hold on to ideals that have never yielded much benefit to you or your kin.
A wise man once said "It's better to be quiet and be thought of as a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt"..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

platinum wrote:what is that something that doesn't look right about it?
I wonder o...I mean it is a shame that we have people still thinking this way, a damn shame if you ask me...smh :roll:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

1naija wrote:African countries cannot compete with countries like France, England, US, Belgium, etc that get the best players from all over the world. Meanwhile we are expected to succeed with players in the SW when even 3SC have not been able to find a single decent player from there in 30 years. :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :sad:
Ekong and Ighalo are from the SS :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Benin is not SW
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

You would also come out and campaign for fairness regardless of skin color.

France picked the best French players regardless of skin color.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

They’re all French and their being French doesn’t detract from their ethnicity, a quality often used, incorrectly, interchangeably with nationality. Nationality doesn’t define one’s ethnicity just as the latter doesn’t dictate the former. The rose tinted glasses lend a romanticism towards Africa that in most aspects, is far removed from the reality.

Yes, in an Orwellian utopia, the Umtitis and Kantes, the Mbappes and Pogbas, represent the nations of their patrilineage. And what’s more, armed with these FrancAfricans, Africa wins a World Cup. And then the mirages condenses to rain, each drop washing away the chimera, uncovering the bitter reality. Many of these marvellous talents were born of mothers and fathers in diaspora for the most common reason why humans migrate, economics and opportunity.

Mbappe is French because France offered hope for his father. When Africa can offer its people more hope than despair, then the steady stream of economic migrants will cease. Till then, more power to all our kindred in Belgium, France, England, Germany, sail as far and wide as is needed to provide running water, light, food and a chance to succeed for yourself and your offspring. More success to all of them. May many more follow.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

too many Africans going to Europe or France for that matter