The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by jdizzy »

Quite comical to see Jean Michael Seri end up at Fulham after being linked to just about every top club this window. Clearly his agent must have been the one cooking up those stories
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

SylverEagles wrote:Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:
Mugabe left suddenly there is activity and the club at least looks like its trying something new not the crap we were fed for well over a decade!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

jdizzy wrote:Quite comical to see Jean Michael Seri end up at Fulham after being linked to just about every top club this window. Clearly his agent must have been the one cooking up those stories
Yep. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tmex12 wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:
Mugabe left suddenly there is activity and the club at least looks like its trying something new not the crap we were fed for well over a decade!

What has Arsenal signed ?

A duo of dominant and imposing ball winning CDM for those games against the elite teams on the road ?

A legitimate #1 goalie ?

A pacy skillful winger ?

A young dynamic fullback to compete with Bellerin?

A replacement for Santi?

Ok make una wake me up when una don answer :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

jdizzy wrote:Quite comical to see Jean Michael Seri end up at Fulham after being linked to just about every top club this window. Clearly his agent must have been the one cooking up those stories

Its interesting, but lets not forget that Dembele of the dirty spudites was spawned from Fulham ... :taunt: :taunt: maybe his agent wants to follow the same path ni ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

anikulapo wrote:
tmex12 wrote:

What has Arsenal signed ?

A duo of dominant and imposing ball winning CDM for those games against the elite teams on the road ?

A legitimate #1 goalie ?

A pacy skillful winger ?

A young dynamic fullback to compete with Bellerin?

A replacement for Santi?

Ok make una wake me up when una don answer :mrgreen:
We've signed what's needed to get back in the top 4.

Mark this for end of the season.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Unai Emery: Arsenal head coach wants five captains in his team

Arsenal head coach Unai Emery says he wants "five captains" in his team as he tries to find the "best personalities" in his dressing room.

The Spaniard, who took over from Arsene Wenger in May, said Laurent Koscielny would remain his "first captain".

"My idea is to know every player and to know, also, the personality of the players," said Emery, 43.

"We want to keep the respect for these players, to find the captain and choose very well the best player for that."

France centre-back Koscielny, 32, is expected to be out until December with a ruptured Achilles tendon, which caused him to miss the World Cup.

Full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner, one of Emery's five summer signings, skippered Switzerland in Russia this summer.

"I think my first idea is to have five captains in the team," Emery added. "But at the moment, I don't know the names.

"We are looking at, looking for, who are the players whose personality is the best in the dressing room."

'We signed the players we needed'
In addition to Lichtsteiner, Arsenal have signed Germany goalkeeper Bernd Leno and Greece defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos, as well as midfielders Lucas Torreira and Matteo Guendouzi.

Former PSG and Sevilla boss Emery said that could conclude their summer business.

"Maybe we can bring in one if there's a very good possibility for them to help us, but the club has done a great job of signing new players and I am happy.

"We signed the players who we needed. We will only sign a player in the next month if he's a big opportunity."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44813124

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Emery on Aaron Ramsey: “I’m very happy with him. For me, every day, every training session, he has the ambition I want. He’s working with a quality, the type of ability that I want. I want to work with him.”

Aniks, Na Captain Ramsey be this oh. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:Emery on Aaron Ramsey: “I’m very happy with him. For me, every day, every training session, he has the ambition I want. He’s working with a quality, the type of ability that I want. I want to work with him.”

Aniks, Na Captain Ramsey be this oh. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:thumb: :thumb: Premier League go hia wien.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Okay guys. Take a deep breath. This is Unai Emery's first full press conference

[/video]

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Arsenal have tweeted video highlights of a training session under new manager Unai Emery, who looks very animated and involved on the training ground.

The Spanish tactician is a known workaholic and perfectionist, and looks a major break away from how things were under his predecessor Arsene Wenger.

The long-serving Frenchman stepped down at Arsenal at the end of last season after 22 years, and things had appeared to go stale under him as results worsened in the latter half of his reign.

While Wenger would often quietly observe training sessions and allow his players to get on with it, Emery seems eager to micro-manage and get the details right straight away.

Fans will hope this can be the start of a bright new era for the club under a very different manager.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/07/1 ... ion-video/

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

While Wenger would often quietly observe training sessions and allow his players to get on with it, Emery seems eager to micro-manage and get the details right straight away.
I stopped reading when I saw that someone was using caughtoffside as a source
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Unai Emery's please win your first two EPL game let things start from kick off fresh.City and Chelsea games 6 points and the believe is back and push the boys to the league title.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

anikulapo wrote:
And your point? Facts are facts. This from the UK Mirror :

"3. The hands-on approach

Arsene Wenger wasn't a particularly hands-on boss.

Of course he oversaw training sessions, but he wasn't known for getting his hands dirty, unlike the man who has now replaced him.

For want of a better expression, Emery is an anorak, and likes to be involved in all areas of the management process: from looking back over videos to rolling up his sleeves on the training ground.

On Tuesday he rounded the troops - who he has worked with for years - for a chat, and apparently made it clear where anyone who doesn't agree with him can go.
5. Plenty of work still to be done
Of course the bulk of the team haven't returned to north London yet, and the players who have have only been in training for a few days.

But already it seems Emery and Forsythe don't suffer fools lightly."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-12889652
Last edited by cchinukw on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people what happen to Oga platinum ?
Been a while he post here.Hope he is doing fine .
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Anything for the clickbait. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
And your point? Facts are facts. This from the UK Mirror :

"3. The hands-on approach

Arsene Wenger wasn't a particularly hands-on boss.

Of course he oversaw training sessions, but he wasn't known for getting his hands dirty, unlike the man who has now replaced him.

For want of a better expression, Emery is an anorak, and likes to be involved in all areas of the management process: from looking back over videos to rolling up his sleeves on the training ground.

On Tuesday he rounded the troops - who he has worked with for years - for a chat, and apparently made it clear where anyone who doesn't agree with him can go.
5. Plenty of work still to be done
Of course the bulk of the team haven't returned to north London yet, and the players who have have only been in training for a few days.

But already it seems Emery and Forsythe don't suffer fools lightly."

[url]https://www.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-training-5-things-noticed-12889652[/url]

He wasn’t an active, hands on manager based on who ? Caughtoffside?

Dude give it a rest ... nothing more to say here.

This is the biggest load of bullocks ever written. Of all the things written against Arsene, not being an active coach is the least of those homie ... please check ya sources

MLK.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

How the hell does Emre sign Torreira over Ndidi?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

How the hell does Emre sign Torreira over Ndidi?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

charlie wrote:How the hell does Emre sign Torreira over Ndidi?
Emmm Leceister or Ndidi ask for a move to Arsenal ? Just trying to understand your question o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
charlie wrote:How the hell does Emre sign Torreira over Ndidi?
Emmm Leceister or Ndidi ask for a move to Arsenal ? Just trying to understand your question o

once you understand the question, please kindly interpret for me.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Like you, i did several takes - strange one. Wilshire's a similar case - PSG, Juve ending up with the Hammers - wow.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.