Thank You My CyberEagle Brothers!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Thank You My CyberEagle Brothers!!!

Post by balo »

Coach wrote:
balo wrote:
Coach wrote:Science.

Jokes aside, one feared the technicality of Croatia and put it all on a flying start by England. Hurrying out of the blocks, they landed with the left, but missed with the right. On many occasions. How Croatia grew in the game is bewildering, energy from exhaustion. Modric gave an absolute masterclass, unbelievable display.
England's science ran out in the first half?
They're following the leading pack. How Croatia found energy in their exhaustion will go down as legend. Their left-back was ruled out of the game 24 hours ago. Bravo to England for locking horns, they've laid to rest many ghosts and started a new era for themselves. Croatia on the other hand have proved Schrodinger was absolute correct, the cat can be both dead and alive. An unbelievable display of grit, graft, courage under fire and unbelievable, extraterrestrial endurance. Fascinating. Madrid, drifting wide deep into extra-time and showing a clean set of heels to his marker. Perisic, from massaging his hamstring to a full sprint. One has imagined England's science was up there, little Croatia showed they have a lot to learn.

Croatia's population, according to Bilic, is 4 million. Shame on so many. Big fools.
No doubt this is successful campaign for England. And the future looks amazingly bright when thir young internationals come of age.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

mate wrote:
ohsee wrote:Congrats mate. To me, this is the game of the World Cup. SuperMario Mandzukic can have any of my future granddaughters as a wife. :D By the way, come by and collect your ten goats and 14 chickens, your fee for doing the job of beating England. :thumbs: :lol: This was an epic battle! :thumb: And we won! :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

1 more game. I ask the boys to dig even deeper and give 1 more win. Won't be easy against a top France...but we do our best!
Abeg, beat France by all means necessary.
1998 was painful enough, I can't stomach another WC for France!
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Before the game, I said that Croatia is flat out the best team remaining in the World Cup. Very little happened in the game to alter that opinion. England had that early perfect strike but I believed that Croatia, with their superior technique, would prevail. France has a great team and anyone who thinks they don’t have an even chance come Sunday is high on something but I, for one, am sympathetic with the Belgian gripe about “negative football”. After Sunday, I’d like to go on believing that the beautiful game lives on so, with all my heart and soul, I hope Croatia wins :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

oloye wrote:The problem with England was their inability to nail Croatia in the first half. Usually when a team is tired all they need to do is to weather the first 20 -30 mins of the game. If they can do this they would overcome the initial sluggishness as the body begins to open up and become more fluid.

England should have thrown everything into the first 40 mins. But like the experienced side they are, Croatia dug deep and hung on for their dear lives...that is what being battle tested in sports bequeaths to a team, especially one with a core that have seen many battles together.
My guy, leave long story. The trouble with England is that they are not good enough.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Congratulations Mate. I am sure some of my mates in the picture above that I met in Russia are ecstatic as well. 8-) I am so happy for you guys mehn. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

You are very welcome Mate. Remember I told you that you would beat England because they hadn't been tested in this tourney.

Well I am glad that you unmasked those frauds as the game wore on, gradually making them resort their true style, kick and rush. I am also happy that you saved us from decades or arrogance and unnecessary chest beating,

Thank you
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote:Image

Congratulations Mate. I am sure some of my mates in the picture above that I met in Russia are ecstatic as well. 8-) I am so happy for you guys mehn. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
why is everyone arm and arm but you?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When I told colleagues to watch out for Croatia they thaught I said it because they beat Nigeria but I genuinely saw their strength as a team and stubborn attitude!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Mate, congrats.
I will be at the final. I have never watched Croatia live. This should be good
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Congrats.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

mate wrote:Dalic took over for the last game of the WC qualifiers. He instilled unity and belief. And just as importantly, he's proven to be a pretty good tactician.

He's not perfect. He should have taken Rebic off earlier and put in Kramaric. It's ok. Nothing perfect.

Above all, he consistently put the best players on in decent formation and set them up to decide the game themselves.

Players win. Not coaches.
Congratulations, Mate. What a team you guys have got! I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play with their multiple lungs and skills.

I think your coach hasn't gotten his due credit all tournament. Hope he starts getting that now.

I disagree with you per Rebic...that dude deserves a lot of credit for how far you all have gone in this tournament. He's explosive, committed, strong, and skilled. Kramaric is definitely two steps down. Kramaric made me almost pull my hair towards the end of the game when he had the chance to simply square the ball to Perisic to finish off England. Instead, he went for glory and missed.

Well done.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Cally wrote:
mate wrote:Dalic took over for the last game of the WC qualifiers. He instilled unity and belief. And just as importantly, he's proven to be a pretty good tactician.

He's not perfect. He should have taken Rebic off earlier and put in Kramaric. It's ok. Nothing perfect.

Above all, he consistently put the best players on in decent formation and set them up to decide the game themselves.

Players win. Not coaches.
Congratulations, Mate. What a team you guys have got! I thoroughly enjoyed watching them play with their multiple lungs and skills.

I think your coach hasn't gotten his due credit all tournament. Hope he starts getting that now.

I disagree with you per Rebic...that dude deserves a lot of credit for how far you all have gone in this tournament. He's explosive, committed, strong, and skilled. Kramaric is definitely two steps down. Kramaric made me almost pull my hair towards the end of the game when he had the chance to simply square the ball to Perisic to finish off England. Instead, he went for glory and missed.

Well done.

True. That's the difference between being good vs world class. Kramaric showed that he's not the final deal.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rebic. Animal. But sometimes too much an animal, lashing out.

I was really afraid he'd get a red card. He needs a little more refinement. We'll need every bit of his power against a superb French defense.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Lager-back wrote:Mate, congrats.

Damn I envy you!!!

I enjoyed Russia thoroughly. I wish I could have gotten a final ticket. Alas, it is not to be.

Enjoy it in peace. You can't lose as a neutral.

One thing I got reminded of watching live...you REALLY appreciate how skilled these players are in such tight spaces. Totally different from our amateur games, where mistakes pile up.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

mate wrote:

Damn I envy you!!!

I enjoyed Russia thoroughly. I wish I could have gotten a final ticket. Alas, it is not to be.

One thing I got reminded of watching live...you REALLY appreciate how skilled these players are in such tight spaces. Totally different from our amateur games, where mistakes pile up.
You damn skippy mate. At some point while watching I was like "What a wawu"....IN OTHER WORDS I was wowed. :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

mate wrote:
camex wrote:Congratulations, mate!

Thanks man.

I'm now trying to decipher how to beat France. Nobody has managed to do it this WC. But Denmark tied them...perhaps offering a clue.

I'm initially thinking it will be decided by Modric + Rakitic vs Kante + Pogba.

Most of all, as I believed in the Croatia vs England game, I think if Modric can be Zidane for us, we can do it.

This has been a WC of teams. Perhaps I'm too biased, but I don't see any outstanding individual lifting his team other than Modric. I'm counting on him against a French team a bit deeper than us.

They just need to cloud the midfield, France will be disoriented, Pogba will drop back.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

mate wrote:

Damn I envy you!!!

Mate it's too bad we didn't touch base earlier. I could've got you a semi ticket for face value and probably a seat at the final as well. I know of Croatians that were initially here and flew back for the semi. Anyways I'll be at the final supporting your boys. Win or loss you have so much to be proud of.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Thanks Heliopolis. It just wasn't meant to be. I got back home to California from Russia before we PMed. I'd have loved to attend the semi, but fate said otherwise.

We're going to Los Angeles from San Francisco to watch with my wife's family. Our mini tribe will be there. Hoping for the best.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Congrats mate, was rooting for Ingurland but your guys completely deserved it, really admire their fighting spirit and never say die attitude, still in shock how they just turned the game right on its head in the second half. Good luck in the finals.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

After our match with Croatia, I honestly didn't see them getting to the final, but boy have they grown in belief. I have a feeling the final with be like Portugal V France in the Euro final where a disciplined and tenacious Croatia hold France all match while waiting for one moment of opportunity. Will be good to finally have a country outside of the usual suspects win the WC.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohsee wrote:Congrats mate. To me, this is the game of the World Cup. SuperMario Mandzukic can have any of my future granddaughters as a wife. :D By the way, come by and collect your ten goats and 14 chickens, your fee for doing the job of beating England. :thumbs: :lol: This was an epic battle! :thumb: And we won! :thumbs:
I will bring the kola nuts and fresh pammy.

Well done Mate!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I fear for Croatia v France because Croatia's greatest weakness is their lack of pace in defence and midfield, while France's greatest strength is their pace in midfield and attack...

Kante, Matuidi, and Pogba v Brozovic, Rakitic, and Modric, and Mbappe and Griezmann (or if Dembele comes off the bench) v Vida and Lovren might be a bit like a foot race between a leopard and an elephant....

I think Croatia must defend deep and leave little space behind their back line. If they have a high line and leave space in behind for attackers to run into, Mbappe and Griezmann might have a lot of fun.
mate wrote:
camex wrote:Congratulations, mate!

Thanks man.

I'm now trying to decipher how to beat France. Nobody has managed to do it this WC. But Denmark tied them...perhaps offering a clue.

I'm initially thinking it will be decided by Modric + Rakitic vs Kante + Pogba.

Most of all, as I believed in the Croatia vs England game, I think if Modric can be Zidane for us, we can do it.

This has been a WC of teams. Perhaps I'm too biased, but I don't see any outstanding individual lifting his team other than Modric. I'm counting on him against a French team a bit deeper than us.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Wiseone

Rebic is rated as one of the fastest players in the WC.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news ... d-20180705

Vrsaljko and Perisic are also fleet footed. And Modric and Rakitic are not world class speed, but fast enough. Finally, football is not just raw athletic sprint speed. There is speed of thought and skill...as the ball can move faster than any man can run.

We have really good footballers in this context. And, from a pure athletic standpoint, this is a Croatian team loaded with stamina. As well as physical strength. Again, Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Lovren, Mandzukic, Vrsaljko, and Rebic are on or going to top clubs and certainly can so easily be outcompeted on speed for their responsibilities.

I wouldn't use the analogy of leopard vs elephant. Only in very tight field situation. Overall, I think a machine vs machine analogy works. The Croatian machine is formidable enough: compact defense, world class possession, and an emerging offense built on Rebic and Mandzukic, augmented by Kramaric when needed. The French machine has a similar profile, stronger in attack, less so in possession.

I still say Modric is the one player that can be a difference maker. We will lose or win by him. I am looking for him to be like Zidane was for France back in the day...otherwise it remains a battle of football teams, or the said machines.

I give it 55:45 for France over Croatia...tipping it for us if Modric can step up. My fingers are crossed. I'm saying Hail Mary prayers, may God forgive me, as it's been many years! And conjuring any JUJU I can find!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I mentioned Croatian midfielders and defenders. Rebic and Perisic are attackers.

Did you see how Sterling ran down Lovren (who had a 2 yard head start) in a 20 yard sprint during the game?
mate wrote:Wiseone

Rebic is rated as one of the fastest players in the WC.

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news ... d-20180705

Vrsaljko and Perisic are also fleet footed. And Modric and Rakitic are not world class speed, but fast enough. Finally, football is not just raw athletic sprint speed. There is speed of thought and skill...as the ball can move faster than any man can run.

We have really good footballers in this context. And, from a pure athletic standpoint, this is a Croatian team loaded with stamina. As well as physical strength. Again, Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Lovren, Mandzukic, Vrsaljko, and Rebic are on or going to top clubs and certainly can so easily be outcompeted on speed for their responsibilities.

I wouldn't use the analogy of leopard vs elephant. Only in very tight field situation. Overall, I think a machine vs machine analogy works. The Croatian machine is formidable enough: compact defense, world class possession, and an emerging offense built on Rebic and Mandzukic, augmented by Kramaric when needed. The French machine has a similar profile, stronger in attack, less so in possession.

I still say Modric is the one player that can be a difference maker. We will lose or win by him. I am looking for him to be like Zidane was for France back in the day...otherwise it remains a battle of football teams, or the said machines.

I give it 55:45 for France over Croatia...tipping it for us if Modric can step up. My fingers are crossed. I'm saying Hail Mary prayers, may God forgive me, as it's been many years! And conjuring any JUJU I can find!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.