Seems Conte has gone finally

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Seems Conte has gone finally

Post by marko »

Just heard on Skynews Antonio Conte is no longer the head coach of Chelsea
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Seems Conte has gone finally

Post by marko »

Now confirmed sacked!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Dude was waiting for his $$$Cheque
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No sympathy from me for the way he treated Mikel. He got his just deserts.
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The hen abi na chicken has come home to roost. Ewu Conte, see your life now.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:The hen abi na chicken has come home to roost. Ewu Conte, see your life now.
Wetin him do na? Just because he had a bad run last season?

Na wah o. Winning PL nor dey easy again.

Arsenal will win it before una sniff am again :arrow:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:
oloye wrote:The hen abi na chicken has come home to roost. Ewu Conte, see your life now.

Bo wetin concern me with his run :lol: ...in fact na my prayer be that make e run with K-leg. He humiliated Mikel out of Chelsea, treated a legend like a commoner....he deserves to be sacked like a common messenger.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Bo wetin concern me with his run :lol: ...in fact na my prayer be that make e run with K-leg. He humiliated Mikel out of Chelsea, treated a legend like a commoner....he deserves to be sacked like a common messenger.
Okay cool. But he discovered Moses na.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Very classless club. Kai :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chelsea slammed for lacking class after releasing 52-word statement on Antonio Conte’s sacking

Metro Sport Reporter
Friday 13 Jul 2018 11:07 am

Chelsea have been accused of extreme pettiness after they released a brief and colourless 52-word statement on Antonio Conte’s departure. Maurizio Sarri will be unveiled as Conte’s successor imminently after the Blues struck up a deal for the former Napoli boss and Jorginho earlier this week. Conte’s relationship with Chelsea’s board broke down significantly last season and the Italian publicly criticised the club’s transfer strategy more than once across the campaign. However, the 48-year-old deserves huge credit for what he achieved in a relatively space of time at Stamford Bridge.

Conte won the Premier League title in his first term in charge and, in his second, lifted the FA Cup following a 1-0 victory over Manchester United at Wembley. Both achievements were mentioned by Chelsea on Thursday morning but the statement barely got going before it was abruptly brought to an end.

‘Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company,’ it reads. ‘During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories. ‘We wish Antonio every success in his future career.’

Chelsea even opted against including of photograph of Conte on the page and supporters were quick to react across social media.

Many accused Chelsea of lacking class following their statement on Thursday morning… (WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE)

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If he's gone, he's gone.

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

cchinukw wrote:Chelsea slammed for lacking class after releasing 52-word statement on Antonio Conte’s sacking

Metro Sport Reporter
Friday 13 Jul 2018 11:07 am

Chelsea have been accused of extreme pettiness after they released a brief and colourless 52-word statement on Antonio Conte’s departure. Maurizio Sarri will be unveiled as Conte’s successor imminently after the Blues struck up a deal for the former Napoli boss and Jorginho earlier this week. Conte’s relationship with Chelsea’s board broke down significantly last season and the Italian publicly criticised the club’s transfer strategy more than once across the campaign. However, the 48-year-old deserves huge credit for what he achieved in a relatively space of time at Stamford Bridge.

Conte won the Premier League title in his first term in charge and, in his second, lifted the FA Cup following a 1-0 victory over Manchester United at Wembley. Both achievements were mentioned by Chelsea on Thursday morning but the statement barely got going before it was abruptly brought to an end.

‘Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company,’ it reads. ‘During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories. ‘We wish Antonio every success in his future career.’

Chelsea even opted against including of photograph of Conte on the page and supporters were quick to react across social media.

Many accused Chelsea of lacking class following their statement on Thursday morning… (WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE)

I think it is funny how we are now talking about class lol, I guess that thing called Karma really does exist.

Oya CIC come and tell us, this is just a business decision. 52 words? Why not 5? Conte Bobo was fired today! Finito Nah business, wetin consign class.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:
oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Okay cool. But he discovered Moses na.
I guess you have never heard of the prayer..."Ma fi kan Gba Kan lowo mi"...as in do not use one blessing to take away another blessing.

Yes he discovered..na na na ..he gave Moses a chance but went ahead to sign Zappacosta or whatever,beg the sack and the manner of it dey sweet my belle,like sugar and honey.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

What use would Mikel have been to Chelsea under Conte?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

A club with no class or dignity. Why did they even allow him to start training camp with the players snickering behind his back knowing Sarri is on his way?

What an outfit ..., Tufiakwa
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

anikulapo wrote:A club with no class or dignity. Why did they even allow him to start training camp with the players snickering behind his back knowing Sarri is on his way?

Because he was still under contract, he didn't go the first day but since they hadn't come to an agreement yet he still had to do his duties.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kalani JR wrote:What use would Mikel have been to Chelsea under Conte?
He was better than that Bakayoko or whatever

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Dammy wrote:No sympathy from me for the way he treated Mikel. He got his just deserts.
Conte has found out the proof of the pudding is in the tasting.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:A club with no class or dignity. Why did they even allow him to start training camp with the players snickering behind his back knowing Sarri is on his way?

Though I think Chelsea should have taken the high road on this one and be more organic in the statement they put out, you can't deny that there was a lingering "palpable discord" between the two parties.

The long time it took the club to snatch Sarri from ADL was the reason Conte wasn't sacked before preseason started. You can't tell me though that Conte wasn't expecting this coming.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

The Coach with the winningest record gets kicked out like so... Enjoy Sarri.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:No sympathy from me for the way he treated Mikel. He got his just deserts.
KPAM!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kalani JR wrote:What use would Mikel have been to Chelsea under Conte?

I know he hated Mikel and reasurected Moses’ career which was at the crossroads LOL ... the thing funny sha
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.