IT’S EMOTIONAL WATCHING MY SON PLAYING FOR NIGERIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
IT’S EMOTIONAL WATCHING MY SON PLAYING FOR NIGERIA

Post by COOKING SPOON »

http://pmexpressng.com/emotional-watchi ... dowus-dad/

Brian’s father, Oyeyemi Idowu

PM EXPRESS can exclusively revealed how a United Kingdom based Chartered Surveyor, Tunde Adelakun helped Brian Idowu into Nigeria’s Super Eagles.

Brian Idowu, who is based in Russia, maade his debut for Nigeria in the international friendly game the Super Eagles played against Argentina, scoring one of the goals that condemned the South American giants to 4-2 defeat and he eventually played for Nigeria at the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup, where Nigeria crashed out at the group stage and it has been revealed how Adelakun helped the defender into the Super Eagles.

In an exclusive interview with PM EXPRESS in St. Petersburg, Brian’s dad, Sunday Oyeyemi Idowu said that it was a dream come true to watch his son, who has a Masters Degree in Marketing at the age of 22 years dorn the white and green colours of Nigeria at the World Cup, adding that it would not have been possible if not for the roles played by Fegor Ogude, his teammates at FC Amkar , who had played for the Super Eagles in the past and Tunde Adelakun, the Technical Assistant to Gernot Rohr in the Super Eagles, who made enquiries about the player and ensured that his son played for the national team.

“Brian just called me one day that one of his teammates at FC Amkar, a Nigerian player, who had played for the Super Eagles in the past. I think his name is Fegor Ogude. He informed Brian that somebody called from Nigeria making enquiries about him and the person is requesting to have his number for discussion on the possibility of playing for the Eagles. Brian told me about it and asked if he should send his number to the Nigerian, ” Idowu’s father said.

“He gave his number and a call came from Mr. Tunde Adelakun in London. He told him of the plans of the technical crew of the Super Eagles to invite him to play for Nigeria. I was very happy when he told me about the discussion he had with Tunde. I gave him my blessing to play for Nigeria. But the problem was that, Brian was born here. He speaks Russian language fluently , so he was wondering how he will fit into the national team set up. I told him not to worry , that if the invitation comes, he should honour it and forget the rest.

“Along the line during that period, his club got to know about it that Nigeria was interested in extending invitation to him. The club started to threaten him that if he honours the invitation to play for Nigeria that they will not feature him again. He will be dropped from the main team. It was a very difficult and stressful period for Brian that time. The club is bankrupt now and Brian will definitely leave for another club. In Russia, most people only recognise or support CSKA Moscow or Zenith St. Petersburg and if a player is not playing for these two big clubs, he is not that recognsied in Russia.

“Brian informed Tunde about this development and I also had to call one of the coaches too to inform him. But at the end of it all , he was invited for the friendly game against Argentina and to my surprise, he scored a goal against Argentina. He worked hard to make the Super Eagles team to the World Cup in Russia and he played all the three games. It was very emotional for me to watch my son play against Argentina here in St. Petersburg, the city of his birth,” he said
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IT’S EMOTIONAL WATCHING MY SON PLAYING FOR NIGERIA

Post by Cmoke »

Nice man!

It was a pleasure meeting him in USSR!

Cmoke
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The bobo should be careful about giving out his phone numbers oooo. Many CROOKS around oooo :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

COOKING SPOON wrote:http://pmexpressng.com/emotional-watchi ... dowus-dad/

“Along the line during that period, his club got to know about it that Nigeria was interested in extending invitation to him. The club started to threaten him that if he honours the invitation to play for Nigeria that they will not feature him again. He will be dropped from the main team. It was a very difficult and stressful period for Brian that time. The club is bankrupt now and Brian will definitely leave for another club. In Russia, most people only recognise or support CSKA Moscow or Zenith St. Petersburg and if a player is not playing for these two big clubs, he is not that recognsied in Russia.
Perhaps this is fear of losing him during AFCON? This could be one of the reasons why Nigerian players don't get given as much of a chance by European clubs nowadays.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cmoke wrote:Nice man!

Cmoke
Uncle its not USSR anymore, anyway keep calling every detergent Omo, every noodle Indomie
Oya back to the matter
open and close
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Uncle its not USSR anymore, anyway keep calling every detergent Omo, every noodle Indomie
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Uncle cmoke will join Buhari in West Germany soon. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, we saw what happened on our game against Argentina. No doubt Idowu had a bad day in the office. All the same, thanks to all our players, they did their best.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

And rohr messed it all up
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

:clap: Nice

Good Story
Does Brian speak English?

please don't attack me just asking a question
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

1naija wrote:
Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Uncle cmoke will join Buhari in West Germany soon. :D
Do you mean Grand-Uncle Cmoke!

We are still waiting for all the whatsapp pictures.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ok o,

If you take your korokoro eyes see Red Square, Kremlin etc and you no feel say u dey USSR, then u no accept reality!

Cmoke

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

2drama wrote::clap: Nice

Good Story

E dey for yamtube, he speaks English and Russian.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

2drama wrote::clap: Nice

Good Story

Speaks English like a Russian troll.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is possible that he met him about 30 years ago when the USSR still existed....

:lol:

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

wiseone wrote:It is possible that he met him about 20 years ago when the USSR still existed....

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
How that one take be ehn......wiseone? 20 years ago was 1998.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Bingo!

You just proved to them that they are not as smart as they want you to believe!

Cmoke
wiseone wrote:It is possible that he met him about 20 years ago when the USSR still existed....

Prince wrote:

Cmoke
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Is he really the dad? Is he sure?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga