France - what talent

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kali
Egg
Egg
France - what talent

Post by kali »

Griezemann - Atletico
Pogba - Man U
Martial - Man U
Giroud - Arsenal
Dembele - Barcelona
Mbappe - PSG
Mendy - Man City
Kurzawa - PSG
Varane - Real Madrid
Umtiti - Barcelona
The real deal
Egg
Egg
Re: France - what talent

Post by The real deal »

kali wrote:Griezemann
Pogba
Giroud
Dembele
Mbappe
Mendy
Kurzawa

Its a team game. France has benefitted immensely from its colony players esp DR Congo, Cameroon, CIV and territories.
I wonder why the Brits haven't benefitted as much :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Matuidi scores 3rd minute of game.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

What is scary is the number of players they did NOT pick in their last starting 11:

Areola
Kurzawa-Laporte-Koscielny-Mendy
Pogba-Rabiot-Bakayoko
Payet-Giroud-Martial

THAT "second 11" could probably beat any team in the world - except Spain, Germany, or Brazil.

PLUS Coman, Cabaye, Dembele, Kimpenbe, Sissoko not needed! That is a terrifying "reserve team". :shock:
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIDIER DESCHAMPS :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

those 'names' have struggled against Luxembourg and Bulgaria.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

King Futcha wrote:those 'names' have struggled against Luxembourg and Bulgaria.
Names don't play soccer, teams do.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

bumb.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Enugu II wrote:
Teams without names CANNOT play football at the highest level, they can win...no doubt they can, but with grit, with a bit of luck, by remaining compact etc.

To truly play at the highest level, you need names AND a team.

We mention all the teams that won without names, hardly impressive sides. The type of teams that would put you to sleep.

When Zambia won the ANC, I was here posting like a mad man, they essentially won based on their fitness. But at least it wasn't negative football, like the likes of Porto, Greece etc. Portugal in the Euros were one of the least convincing tournament winners ever.

There is a reason why people refer to names, not because it is a proxy for success, but because it is needed to be truly great.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Tbite wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Teams without names CANNOT play football at the highest level, they can win...no doubt they can, but with grit, with a bit of luck, by remaining compact etc.

We mention all the teams that won without names, hardly impressive sides. The type of teams that would put you to sleep.

When Zambia won the ANC, I was here posting like a mad man, they essentially won based on their fitness. But at least it wasn't negative football, like the likes of Porto, Greece etc. Portugal in the Euros were one of the least convincing tournament winners ever.

There is a reason why people refer to names, not because it is a proxy for success, but because it is needed to be truly great.

Zambia are one of the most skillful sides in Africa to put their victory down to fitness alone is disingenuous
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Zambia are one of the most skillful sides in Africa to put their victory down to fitness alone is disingenuous
Depends what you mean by skill. They were a team of 11 Etebos, which is not bad, but not great either.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Exactly. In fact fitness is NOT one of their attributes. But Zambia are renowned for shoe shine football
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Abeg make una comot Giroud from that list. All he does is gallop around like a disabled donkey. He is the weak link in that French team.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The real deal wrote:
kali wrote:Griezemann
Pogba
Giroud
Dembele
Mbappe
Mendy
Kurzawa

Its a team game. France has benefitted immensely from its colony players esp DR Congo, Cameroon, CIV and territories.
I wonder why the Brits haven't benefitted as much :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They almost pulled it off fielding 12 black players. The largest contingent in 3 Lions history.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Just a reminder of some of the players they deemed "not required" for this World Cup:
Benzema, Laporte, Lacazette, Martial, Coman, Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy...plus Payet injured.

wiseone wrote:What is scary is the number of players they did NOT pick in their last starting 11:

Areola
Pogba-Rabiot-Bakayoko
Payet-Giroud-Martial

THAT "second 11" could probably beat any team in the world - except Spain, Germany, or Brazil.

PLUS Coman, Cabaye, Dembele, Kimpenbe, Sissoko not needed! That is a terrifying "reserve team". :shock:
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

wiseone wrote:Just a reminder of some of the players they deemed "not required" for this World Cup:
Benzema, Laporte, Lacazette, Martial, Coman, Cabaye, Sissoko, Debuchy...plus Payet injured.

wiseone wrote:What is scary is the number of players they did NOT pick in their last starting 11:

Areola
Pogba-Rabiot-Bakayoko
Payet-Giroud-Martial

You didnt even mention the best of all, Frank Ribery...

Can you imagine a front 3 of Ribery, Griezmann and Mbappe?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sorry. the fact I forgot Ribery is testament to how many brilliant players they have. France's talent pool is deep enough for them to play different teams in the Euros and WC and reach the final of both.
charlie wrote:
wiseone wrote:Just a reminder of some of the players they deemed "not required" for this World Cup:

Areola
Pogba-Rabiot-Bakayoko
Payet-Giroud-Martial

You didnt even mention the best of all, Frank Ribery...

Can you imagine a front 3 of Ribery, Griezmann and Mbappe?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

A team left out Karim Benzema! What a country!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Goldleaf wrote:A team left out Karim Benzema! What a country!
Given the "limited" contributions of Giroud,...it is a travesty that Benzema is not playing in his place.
He is the best kind of anchor for Griezmann and Mbappe to buzz around.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Wow I had totally forgotten about Ribery. I take it he is retired from national duty
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benzema was excluded for non-football reasons.
charlie wrote:
Given the "limited" contributions of Giroud,...it is a travesty that Benzema is not playing in his place.
He is the best kind of anchor for Griezmann and Mbappe to buzz around.
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

It's not an African country where "do you know who i am" is the mode and way of operation. Benzema tainted his name and got him self disqualified from the French team until further notice. They have enough players to fill up the spot of any of them that acts foolish.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Samora Machel wrote:Wow I had totally forgotten about Ribery. I take it he is retired from national duty
Also Payet got injured right before the world cup. Their squad is just crazy...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!