The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/ ... ene-wenger

I’ve made fun of the noise some fans are making of this years so called transfer season of scrubs and people no other top teams want, but when you compare it to last seasons abomination, I can now appreciate the euphoria ...

Wenger was a disgrace in the end ... TUFIAKWA
It wasn't just Wenger, the entire club was a joke. The numerous opportunities that they have allowed to slip away...

For example I would go as far as saying that if Arsenal had qualified for the CL, they would've had a great chance of signing Cristiano Ronaldo. It's no secret the player wanted out of Real, and Arsenal is the biggest ball club in the world that's yet to win the CL. What better motivation for a player of his determination to swim in uncharted waters and achieve what no one else has...yet another way to one-up Messi. That would've been my selling point.

Of course Arsenal would've still had to pony up the scratch, and that we know is another matter entirely with the jeun-jeun club. But even at that price, he would've been worth it. Proceeds from merchandise sales alone would've recouped a significant portion of the fee.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Arsenal play on Saturday (tomorrow), Emery has promised a strong line up. We will get a lot of pointers about what to expect next season from this game. I just want to make some formation and player guesses for next season.

Back Four.
Bellerin--Sokratis--Mavprovanos--Monreal

You can chose who you want but I like this balance for now.

This 4-3-2-1 below is straightforward. Torreira, plays with Xhaka as the double pivot in the classic 4-2-3-1 shape. Recently, Emery has modified it to be a 4-2-3-1 morphing into 4-3-3. The 3 forwards will be fliud like under Wenger, but unlike Wenger, Xhaka will not be the box to box, Torreira will be the box to box, while Xhaka will be the number 6 and Ramsey starts wide right and roams in field as a sort of number 10.

This formation and system is defensive and tight, when you consider the 3 elements of the back 4, it is also gritty and tough. I really like it.

--------Aubameyang
--Mikh----Ozil----Ramsey
-----Torreira-----Xhaka

This 4-3-3 is all about tactics, legs and creativity. With the ball, it will be more like PSG's 3-4-3. Very difficult to play but the most effective with the players we have. This 4-3-3 will be best with the mobility and defensive attributes of Niles, but it leaves too much of a creative burden on Torreira. If Niles adds more creativity to his game, he will effectively become the closest thing we have had to Vieira since the great man changed the game in England. For me, Niles must add vision and those passes that break the lines to his game as well as running with the ball. If he does this season, he will replace Xhaka in this formation. Torreira will play in the middle of the central 3, with Niles to his left.

Mikh--Aubameyang--Ozil
--Torreira---Xhaka--Ramsey

The shape below is more like the diamond Torreira is used to playing for club and country. It is one I think Emery might consider. Ozil and Ramsey running off each other has alway been highly productive for us. If Emery plays like Uruguay do, which is a viable route for Arsenal, then it will be Lacazette and Aubameyang starting. The idea being having two top forwards to run the channels, with FBs to provide width and more pace on the overlap. Also, if your midfield is of quality to supply your forwards and occupy spaces, why do you need your traditional wingers? The fact is, all we have done is look to butress the CM position. In Niles, Torreira and Xhaka, we have serious quality but we also have Elneny and the kid Guendouzi. Finally, we have real options of any quality and variation. Something we have lacked since the loss of Santi.

Also Mikh alnd Iwobi can be replacements for Ramsey and Ozil. Also Xhaka and Mkhitaryan may not even start if Niles is preferred.

---Lacazette------Aubameyang
------------------Ozil----------------
---------------Ramsey
-------Torreira----------Xhaka

I remember in May when I wrote about the possible signing of Torreira, I focused on his attributes and his price especially. But he is our top summer signing and I expect to see him as one of the first names on the team sheet under Emery.

All signings come with a risk, there are no guarantees he will be a success, indeed Aniks has complained about his small frame, he has a point. But we saw a bit of him at the WC, we saw how his mobility and agility makes him avoid and apply the press. This will be key in the EPL.

We saw his tenacity and heart, his ruggedness and he is a destroyer who can do the ugly, needle stuff too. But above all we saw he can play, he can pass it quickly and very well, run it, take free kicks, dribble to get out of tight spaces. In effect, he can do a bit of Santi and Coquelin.

In Torreira, at least on paper, his combo with Xhaka is exactly what Xhaka has needed. That midfielder to cover for his lack of mobility, cover and clean up behind him and above all, always provide that missing option since we lost Santi, for building from the back when the Xhaka pushes high to join Ramsey to provide the killer ball that is needed to break open the deep defensive blocks that is so common in the EPL. Torreira IMHO, also gives us the option of the box to box as I described above, so there is nothing one dimensional about him.

I remember how we played in the days of Vieira, Petit, Gilberto and Edu. Torreira will enable us play the free-flowing game again by providing the cover we have lacked in that midfield because he is not a one dimensional DM type that merely seats, destroys and cannot play. Oh! Xhaka is not the only MF that can strike those long range shots, he can too. Indeed he has 4 goals from strikes outside the box last season.

One thing about our shape this coming season is the LB position. Montreal's legs are not what they used to be, but we got Kolasinac last summer. I felt he was too much on the clunky side and struggled on the turn. But I am encouraged by pre-season pictures, he has definitely loss weight. We need him to step up, he suffered having to play with Sanchez but this new shape and system will give him more cover. He has the best delivery of all our FBs and with a good knack for getting goals. A much improved Kolasinac will be a huge bonus because LB has the potential for being a problem position next season.

Finally, Torreira's Serie A numbers are impressive but they are merely a guide cos he will now play in a different league. He won the Talent Radar Award for Best U23 Midfielder in Europe, beating Lyon's Houssem Aouar to the award previously won by Naby Keita, Julian Weigl and Nabil Fekir.

For €30m, this is the best addition could have made to our midfield, especially when I consider the possibilities with him in the squad.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Arsenal at 25-1 to win the title next season. Given the new spine to go with our attack, I consider those odds generous.
It might be worth taking a punt at those odds.

It should be like 60-1

Arsenal only upgrade in Torreria. He will need time to adjust to the EPL.

Ramsey future is uncertain.
Arsenal has brought in 4 defensive players that will change the entire defensive situation at the club next season. I have set a target of conceding half the goals we did last season. We come close to that, our offensive options says to me top 4 is very possible.

Leno is an improvement on Cech and Ospina from last season's showing and he made the most mistakes leading to goals in the Bundesliga last season. We have a new goal keeping coach, he now becomes key. If I go by his work at PSG, I am encouraged.

Arsenal just need to stop conceding soft goals, then stop conceding goals by being hard, nasty, difficult, mean b*sta*ds. We have signed players with the right attributes and experience to do just this.

Until Ramsey signs, his position is uncertain but all the signs are encouraging.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:Arsenal play on Saturday (tomorrow), Emery has promised a strong line up. We will get a lot of pointers about what to expect next season from this game. I just want to make some formation and player guesses for next season.

Back Four.
Bellerin--Sokratis--Mavprovanos--Monreal

You can chose who you want but I like this balance for now.

This 4-3-2-1 below is straightforward. Torreira, plays with Xhaka as the double pivot in the classic 4-2-3-1 shape. Recently, Emery has modified it to be a 4-2-3-1 morphing into 4-3-3. The 3 forwards will be fliud like under Wenger, but unlike Wenger, Xhaka will not be the box to box, Torreira will be the box to box, while Xhaka will be the number 6 and Ramsey starts wide right and roams in field as a sort of number 10.

This formation and system is defensive and tight, when you consider the 3 elements of the back 4, it is also gritty and tough. I really like it.

--------Aubameyang
--Mikh----Ozil----Ramsey
-----Torreira-----Xhaka

This 4-3-3 is all about tactics, legs and creativity. With the ball, it will be more like PSG's 3-4-3. Very difficult to play but the most effective with the players we have. This 4-3-3 will be best with the mobility and defensive attributes of Niles, but it leaves too much of a creative burden on Torreira. If Niles adds more creativity to his game, he will effectively become the closest thing we have had to Vieira since the great man changed the game in England. For me, Niles must add vision and those passes that break the lines to his game as well as running with the ball. If he does this season, he will replace Xhaka in this formation. Torreira will play in the middle of the central 3, with Niles to his left.

Mikh--Aubameyang--Ozil
--Torreira---Xhaka--Ramsey

The shape below is more like the diamond Torreira is used to playing for club and country. It is one I think Emery might consider. Ozil and Ramsey running off each other has alway been highly productive for us. If Emery plays like Uruguay do, which is a viable route for Arsenal, then it will be Lacazette and Aubameyang starting. The idea being having two top forwards to run the channels, with FBs to provide width and more pace on the overlap. Also, if your midfield is of quality to supply your forwards and occupy spaces, why do you need your traditional wingers? The fact is, all we have done is look to butress the CM position. In Niles, Torreira and Xhaka, we have serious quality but we also have Elneny and the kid Guendouzi. Finally, we have real options of any quality and variation. Something we have lacked since the loss of Santi.

Also Mikh alnd Iwobi can be replacements for Ramsey and Ozil. Also Xhaka and Mkhitaryan may not even start if Niles is preferred.

---Lacazette------Aubameyang
------------------Ozil----------------
---------------Ramsey
-------Torreira----------Xhaka

I remember in May when I wrote about the possible signing of Torreira, I focused on his attributes and his price especially. But he is our top summer signing and I expect to see him as one of the first names on the team sheet under Emery.

All signings come with a risk, there are no guarantees he will be a success, indeed Aniks has complained about his small frame, he has a point. But we saw a bit of him at the WC, we saw how his mobility and agility makes him avoid and apply the press. This will be key in the EPL.

We saw his tenacity and heart, his ruggedness and he is a destroyer who can do the ugly, needle stuff too. But above all we saw he can play, he can pass it quickly and very well, run it, take free kicks, dribble to get out of tight spaces. In effect, he can do a bit of Santi and Coquelin.

In Torreira, at least on paper, his combo with Xhaka is exactly what Xhaka has needed. That midfielder to cover for his lack of mobility, cover and clean up behind him and above all, always provide that missing option since we lost Santi, for building from the back when the Xhaka pushes high to join Ramsey to provide the killer ball that is needed to break open the deep defensive blocks that is so common in the EPL. Torreira IMHO, also gives us the option of the box to box as I described above, so there is nothing one dimensional about him.

I remember how we played in the days of Vieira, Petit, Gilberto and Edu. Torreira will enable us play the free-flowing game again by providing the cover we have lacked in that midfield because he is not a one dimensional DM type that merely seats, destroys and cannot play. Oh! Xhaka is not the only MF that can strike those long range shots, he can too. Indeed he has 4 goals from strikes outside the box last season.

One thing about our shape this coming season is the LB position. Montreal's legs are not what they used to be, but we got Kolasinac last summer. I felt he was too much on the clunky side and struggled on the turn. But I am encouraged by pre-season pictures, he has definitely loss weight. We need him to step up, he suffered having to play with Sanchez but this new shape and system will give him more cover. He has the best delivery of all our FBs and with a good knack for getting goals. A much improved Kolasinac will be a huge bonus because LB has the potential for being a problem position next season.

Finally, Torreira's Serie A numbers are impressive but they are merely a guide cos he will now play in a different league. He won the Talent Radar Award for Best U23 Midfielder in Europe, beating Lyon's Houssem Aouar to the award previously won by Naby Keita, Julian Weigl and Nabil Fekir.

For €30m, this is the best addition could have made to our midfield, especially when I consider the possibilities with him in the squad.

Waffi stop talking rubbish and bullocks someone wrote to you on the internet .... Nonsense lineup and formation :roll: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Interesting line up vs boreham wood.

Cech is captain with the Greeks in the middle
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2017/ ... ene-wenger

I’ve made fun of the noise some fans are making of this years so called transfer season of scrubs and people no other top teams want, but when you compare it to last seasons abomination, I can now appreciate the euphoria ...

Wenger was a disgrace in the end ... TUFIAKWA
It wasn't just Wenger, the entire club was a joke. The numerous opportunities that they have allowed to slip away...

For example I would go as far as saying that if Arsenal had qualified for the CL, they would've had a great chance of signing Cristiano Ronaldo. It's no secret the player wanted out of Real, and Arsenal is the biggest ball club in the world that's yet to win the CL. What better motivation for a player of his determination to swim in uncharted waters and achieve what no one else has...yet another way to one-up Messi. That would've been my selling point.

Of course Arsenal would've still had to pony up the scratch, and that we know is another matter entirely with the jeun-jeun club. But even at that price, he would've been worth it. Proceeds from merchandise sales alone would've recouped a significant portion of the fee.
Two things have made me a believer again.

a) Ivan Gazidis camping himself in Germany until the Aubameyang deal was done.
b) Getting the balls to let Arsene Wenger go.

Those 2 acts for me were a breath of fresh air.

Never again should a coach be in a position to hold a club like Arsenal to ransom ever again.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Abou with hat trick in less than 20 mins whilst playing out wide
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
While Wenger would often quietly observe training sessions and allow his players to get on with it, Emery seems eager to micro-manage and get the details right straight away.
I stopped reading when I saw that someone was using caughtoffside as a source
And your point? Facts are facts. This from the UK Mirror :

"3. The hands-on approach

Arsene Wenger wasn't a particularly hands-on boss.

Of course he oversaw training sessions, but he wasn't known for getting his hands dirty, unlike the man who has now replaced him.

For want of a better expression, Emery is an anorak, and likes to be involved in all areas of the management process: from looking back over videos to rolling up his sleeves on the training ground.

On Tuesday he rounded the troops - who he has worked with for years - for a chat, and apparently made it clear where anyone who doesn't agree with him can go.
5. Plenty of work still to be done
Of course the bulk of the team haven't returned to north London yet, and the players who have have only been in training for a few days.

But already it seems Emery and Forsythe don't suffer fools lightly."

[url]https://www.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-training-5-things-noticed-12889652[/url]

He wasn’t an active, hands on manager based on who ? Caughtoffside?

Dude give it a rest ... nothing more to say here.

This is the biggest load of bullocks ever written. Of all the things written against Arsene, not being an active coach is the least of those homie ... please check ya sources
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Na new regime, so no matter how old the old is, it becomes new. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But 95% plus of the back room staff still remain the same. Even amongst the coaching staff, a quick check should make it evident that apart from Emery's core coaching crew he takes everywhere like all top coaches, the rest are all Wenger's appointments. Llungberg replaces Lehmann.

The fitness and physo, one change due to one leaving for Man City.

Medical, one change. Gary Lewin's replacement.

Youth team no changes yet. Glad to see Ryan Garry, a favourite, I knew as youth player, then played for senior team still a part of the youth set up. Another Arsenal youth, Jwame Ampadu seems to have replaced Banfield as head Coach.

Many reckon Neil Banfield and his Assistant will go after an agreement is reached between them and the club. It is a messy one, club taking disciplinary due to McGuane complaints about bullying making him leave the club for Barca. Banfield and co have fought these claims vigorously and it is rumoured Arsenal have problems with the way the issue has been handled.

Victor Manas, one of Emery's staff has joined the Analytics team. Overall, Emery has come in with 5 staff, replacing 5 that have left.

The fact remain, very little has changed at Arsenal. Those who run the club have got what they wanted, an evolutionary process of change from Wenger to Emery.

Are Arsenal better for the new structure that has been gradually introduced for 2 years now? In my opinion, yes. Why? We now have a delegated structure, one man no longer runs the club, bottom up. It is the way a modern football club should be run. Even if Wenger was still there, he would have had to adapt, or leave.

Emery is responsible for coaching and preparing the team for match days. He also has an input into the youth teams. There is talk That he can recommend a a player but club has no obligation to buy. He can request a certain type of player but the club at any one time has recommendations from the scouting team and the Coach. Their choicescare the club's choices. These are the rumours out there.
Thanks Waffi.

And that is how I think it should be.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

watching Arsenal vs Boreham wood. Why is Emery playing his full strength squad?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

5 Kondo.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Livestream isn't working

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is working again

Arsenal playing style is definitely different.

Quick passing by the defenders there.

More direct.

Gunzilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Gunzilla »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is working again

Arsenal playing style is definitely different.

Quick passing by the defenders there.

More direct.

Bruv...its just Borehamwood..... :wink: :)
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good strike by Adelaide.

7-0

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Emery is playing is full strength squad against Boreham wood. Why is he doing that?

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Make that 6 Kondo - Rene Adelaide!

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Because he said he was going to do it.
ohenhen1 wrote:Emery is playing is full strength squad against Boreham wood. Why is he doing that?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

8-0

Mikithyrian.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bepanda wrote:Because he said he was going to do it.
ohenhen1 wrote:Emery is playing is full strength squad against Boreham wood. Why is he doing that?

It is now 8-0

What are the benefits of playing such a weak side?

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Makes the players feel good. Makes the fans feel good. Gives ArsenalTV something to cheer about ... come on ... we all know, there are plenty of tough games ahead.
ohenhen1 wrote:
It is now 8-0
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:

It is now 8-0

Mkhitaryan scored the 8th.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

bepanda wrote:Makes the players feel good. Makes the fans feel good. Gives ArsenalTV something to cheer about ... come on ... we all know, there are plenty of tough games ahead.
ohenhen1 wrote:
It is now 8-0
False hope

I would rather lose 4-0 to a strong side in pre-season than have false hope. This way the club weakness can be exposed before the season starts.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

GAME OVER!!!