At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs

Post by General Trousers »

At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs - I will leave it there.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs

Post by cchinukw »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

General Trousers wrote:At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs - I will leave it there.
You're so right. For the first time England did not go home before Spain thst played like Barcelona, or Germany that played like B. Munich or Brazil, Argentina...

ABEG members were hoping England would play like Arsenal - group stage exit :sneaky: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Was this meant to be an insult. The worst English squad in years and they did better than all of them since 1990? Is this really meant to be an insult... You wish Arsenal would finish in the same position in the league..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

England is spurs

Kane
Rose
Trippier
Dele Ali
Dier

I see your point.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Honestly I cannot understand what Kane played in this world cup. The Kane that looked dangerous in front of goal suddenly became a dud. Forget the 6 goals, just as a friend of mine suggested , the golden boot award should be cancelled for this world cup,it is daylight robbery to award it to a guy on the basis of penalties.

I just cannot understand how he became a dud, look at today, he had two chances to shoot at goal,both were taken like a Sunday Sunday league footballer. I can swear in the colours of Spurs he would have scored one of those spectacular goals we celebrate week in week out.

When you needed him to show up,he was nowhere to be found, but he showed up against Tunisia and Panama.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:Honestly I cannot understand what Kane played in this world cup. The Kane that looked dangerous in front of goal suddenly became a dud. Forget the 6 goals, just as a friend of mine suggested , the golden boot award should be cancelled for this world cup,it is daylight robbery to award it to a guy on the basis of penalties.

I just cannot understand how he became a dud, look at today, he had two chances to shoot at goal,both were taken like a Sunday Sunday league footballer. I can swear in the colours of Spurs he would have scored one of those spectacular goals we celebrate week in week out.

When you needed him to show up,he was nowhere to be found, but he showed up against Tunisia and Panama.
I am ok with the golden boot as long as the remove penalties from the goal count.
It over inflates goal scoring stats for non-deserving players like Kane.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Most of the goals were scored vs Panama, a tap in header saved by Tunisia, 2ce...also a deflected lotus notes shot against panama,
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

England fans should go meet Danfo driver to help them take the curse out.The curse he put on
spurs will follow England when ever more than 3 spurs players start for England.
Spurs fans need to also contact him,if they want to ever win something again.
Oga Danfo thanks for moving the curse from Arsenal,i no go make mouth again for you.
Hopefully its our season to win major trophy :thumbs: :thumbs:
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Kane is too ugly to be the England poster boy. They need a pretty boy like Beckham.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ronaldo, Messi both missed pens. Oleg Salenko became top scorer because he scored most of his goals against Cameroon.

I'm sure other countries played Panama and had equal opportunities to score lots of goals.

There were many excellent strikers at the wc, including Salah, Brazilians, Argentinian's etc. But let's hate on the one that didn't play particularly well and still score goals.

How I wish we had a useless Kane in the SE than a very useful Ighalo
Last edited by pajimoh on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

England need a playmaker of the calibre of Hazard, Moderic of Erickson. They played well actually but were limited in the final third.

Today, DeBrune and Hazard showed that there is no substitute for class. See counter attacks abeg!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:England need a playmaker of the calibre of Hazard, Moderic of Erickson. They played well actually but were limited in the final third.

Today, DeBrune and Hazard showed that there is no substitute for class. See counter attacks abeg!
How will that be possible when they coach it out of young lads growing up?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:England need a playmaker of the calibre of Hazard, Moderic of Erickson. They played well actually but were limited in the final third.

England have play makers, they decided to leave them at home for some reason.

Barkley-maybe because of lack of games.
Wilshere
Lallana
Ox
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote:

England have play makers, they decided to leave them at home for some reason.

Barkley-maybe because of lack of games.
Wilshere
Lallana
Ox
Seriously????
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:Honestly I cannot understand what Kane played in this world cup. The Kane that looked dangerous in front of goal suddenly became a dud. Forget the 6 goals, just as a friend of mine suggested , the golden boot award should be cancelled for this world cup,it is daylight robbery to award it to a guy on the basis of penalties.

No Ericksen behind him to do all the creative work.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

cic old boy wrote:
Now I understand why Kane stopped scoring :lol:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
General Trousers wrote:At the End of the Day, England Played Like Spurs - I will leave it there.
You're so right. For the first time England did not go home before Spain thst played like Barcelona, or Germany that played like B. Munich or Brazil, Argentina...

ABEG members were hoping England would play like Arsenal - group stage exit :sneaky: :tic:
I don't think General Panty (©anonymous South African fan) thought this one through :P
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Harry Kane, Golden boot winner!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hugo Lloris Captain of France and Spurs. World Cup 2018 winner
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

To be fair, England took a step forward from the usual kick-and-rush. They have learned to pass the ball, but they still have a long way to go. Midfield control/creativity is still nowhere. Still completely reliant on set-pieces. Still unable to create chances from open play.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009