CROATIA ONLY TEAM THAT WILL BEAT FRANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
CROATIA ONLY TEAM THAT WILL BEAT FRANCE

Post by jette1 »

England would have made the Final an easy win for France. And it would have been a very boring final
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: CROATIA ONLY TEAM THAT WILL BEAT FRANCE

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am glad England didn't win... who wins next mattets not
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

You will be surprised, but unlike England, this current French team knows how to put a game to bed in 90 minutes.

I don't think Modrich and company will be given the chance to boss the midfield like they did in the 2nd half when they meet the likes of Matuidi, Pogba, N'golo Kante, and Tolisso.

Also, unlike the English, this French team has quite effective attackers in Griezmann, Giroud, and Mbappe.
Even their wingbacks Hernandez and Pavard can display fluid, dangerous overlapping plays with damaging results.
They can also play very compactly like they did against Belgium.

If the French score first, Croatia will be in trouble because they ain't taking it to extra time, which the Croats are now obviously becoming experts at winning.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

gosh wrote:You will be surprised, but unlike England, this current French team knows how to put a game to bed in 90 minutes.

I don't think Modrich and company will be given the chance to boss the midfield like they did in the 2nd half when they meet the likes of Matuidi, Pogba, N'golo Kante, and Tolisso.

Also, unlike the English, this French team has quite effective attackers in Griezmann, Giroud, and Mbappe.
Even their wingbacks Hernandez and Pavard can display dangerous overlapping plays with damaging results.

If the French score first, Croatia will be in trouble because they ain't taking it to extra time, which the Croats are now obviously becoming experts at winning.
All that name you mentioned where were they vs Belgium or did you forget how the game went just because they slipped pass Belgium with a lucky lone goal. Abeg make we hear word

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

gosh wrote:You will be surprised, but unlike England, this current French team knows how to put a game to bed in 90 minutes.

Even their wingbacks Hernandez and Pavard can display fluid, dangerous overlapping plays with damaging results.

The French base their game on limiting damage, therefore in the whole scheme of things Croatia is the more attacking team. Ideally I would support the more attacking team, but I will go with my African brothers on this one.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

jette1 wrote:

Even their wingbacks Hernandez and Pavard can display dangerous overlapping plays with damaging results.

All that name you mentioned where were they vs Belgium or did you forget how the game went just because they slipped pass Belgium with a lucky lone goal. Abeg make we hear word
Belgium was a very good side.
I guess you could attribute some degree of luck to every goal scored in the competition because there can always be a "coulda, " "woulda," "shoulda" perspective.
For example, Croatia has been the "luckiest" winning on PKs in extra time than perhaps any team in WC history.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

jette1 wrote:England would have made the Final an easy win for France. And it would have been a very boring final
Won't happen nwanne.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

gosh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

I guess you could attribute some degree of luck to every goal scored in the competition because there can always be a "coulda, " "woulda," "shoulda" perspective.
For example, Croatia has been the "luckiest" winning on PKs in extra time than perhaps any team in WC history.
Lucky ? You mean like playing Australia, Denmark and Peru that was really tough

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Best Team Overall: France
Most versatile team: Croatia
Best Overall Attack: Belgium
Best Transition Attack: France
Best Depth: France
Notable Transition Attacks, Japan, Mexico, Colombia
Potential Transition Attack: Nigeria, Senegal
Most Dogged: Uruguay
Most organized: Sweden, Uruguay
Best Set Pieces: England
Best Defense: Denmark, France
Last edited by Tbite on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

France are the favourites and best team in the competition, but IMO Croatia are the most versatile. What does that mean?

Well there is no type of team that Croatia cannot match up against! Which means there is no type of team they cannot beat.

Therefore, if France are to beat Croatia, tactics alone will not cut it, Croatia know how to adjust to their opponents and they have the players to do so! The game will be decided by the quality!

France like to capitalize early and spring their attacks, that won't mean much against Croatia, who not only have the most versatile shape in the tournament, but the most versatile route to goal. Bottom line is, France CANNOT win by frustrating Croatia. They will need to be better period.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

At TB, with all due respect, Nigeria don’t make any ‘Best anything’ list, swaggerific strip aside. WTF is a potential transition attack? What transitionist potential was demonstrated besides the sublime vs Iceland and ridiculous vs Argentina. Musa may rank amongst the goals of the tournament, other than that, Nigeria were rubbish.

Sweden most organised? Nope, France and Uruguay, which pretty much the answer for most of the above. The World Cup is Deputy Igwe’s to lose and only L’Admiral Deschamps can defeat them.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Coach wrote:At TB, with all due respect, Nigeria don’t make any ‘Best anything’ list, swaggerific strip aside. WTF is a potential transition attack? What transitionist potential was demonstrated besides the sublime vs Iceland and ridiculous vs Argentina. Musa may rank amongst the goals of the tournament, other than that, Nigeria were rubbish.

Sweden most organised? Nope, France and Uruguay, which pretty much the answer for most of the above. The World Cup is Deputy Igwe’s to lose and only L’Admiral Deschamps can defeat them.
I have added Uruguay among them.

Organization is difficult to account for in general, because you must factor for other attributes such as overall strength and the opposition.

Sweden had a sterner route than most teams relative to their strength, which is why I favoured them, but your points are taken.

As for the other qualities listed, many would be surprised. For example many might think of France as the best attack, but it is not even close. Belgium's creative channels is astounding, and in some games KDB was not even at his best! France best midfield? I highly doubt it, I think France has the best midfield partnership in Kante and Pogba, but the Belgian midfield overall is untouchable, which gives them undoubtedly the best attack in the tournament.

As for Nigeria, you have answered your own question, potential is just that potential.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I didn't watch France in the Euros, so I am surprised by their style of football.

For a team as heralded as they are, I am a bit taken aback by how much they rely on speed and the transition. I guess if it works, it works. I just thought they would be a little more complete.

I guess in a team with Griezman, Kante and Mbappe, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. But at the same time, I would have expected a little bit more from Pogba. Perhaps they haven't been pushed enough in this tournament. Hopefully Croatia can break them and then we can see what they are really made of. Rebic the workhorse would fit that description well.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Deputy Igwe plays the opponent, whatever they have, Deputy has the antidote. Uruguay were played much different to Belgium. It will go down as one of the greatest failings in football if L’Admiral faulters at the final stage. Tantamount to treason. High at that. As for Nigeria, poor throughout, a long, long way to go.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Who is Igwe? Or do you mean the title is deferred until they win it all?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Deputy Igwe. After Igwe 1 (Die Mannschaft) abdicated. The Deputy prefix is of utmost importance.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

jette1 wrote:
gosh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Lucky ? You mean like playing Australia, Denmark and Peru that was really tough
I only mentioned "luck" because you brought it up first referencing France's goal against Belgie as a "lucky lone goal."
Regardless, Croatia will only beat France if it goes to extra time, and I don't think if the French score first, they will let it extend beyond 90.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Tbite wrote:Best Team Overall: France
Most versatile team: Croatia
Best Overall Attack: Belgium
Best Transition Attack: France
Best Depth: France
Notable Transition Attacks, Japan, Mexico, Colombia
Potential Transition Attack: Nigeria, Senegal
Most Dogged: Uruguay
Most organized: Sweden, Uruguay
Best Set Pieces: England
Best Defense: Denmark, France
Best Jersey: Nigeria
Fixed.. You left one out :D
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

jette1 wrote:

I told you so that France knows how to put a game to bed in 90 minutes.
They are not like England, Russia and the lot who will allow Croatia even the chance to go into extra time.
LoL.. The French keeper even gave Croatia a charity goal to boot!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gosh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

They are not like England, Russia and the lot who will allow Croatia even the chance to go into extra time.

But you also said that Croatia wouldn't be able to dominate the midfield, which they did for most of the game.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

mystic wrote:
gosh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

But you also said that Croatia wouldn't be able to dominate the midfield, which they did for most of the game.
"Dominance" means "winning."
Pogba controlled Modrich and company so they couldn't do what they have done in games past.
Results are proof.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

jette1 wrote:

Do you think the English team is equal to the Belgium team? France - Belgium was the real final.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

gosh wrote:
mystic wrote:
gosh wrote:
jette1 wrote:

"Dominance" means "winning."
Pogba controlled Modrich and company so they couldn't do what they have done in games past.
Results are proof.

Sometimes it's best to just admit that you were wrong. For the record, I too believed that Croatia wouldn't be able to dominate the midfield against France and was quite surprised that they did. However, as you rightly said France knows how to see out a game. Once they gained the upper hand it was game over.