Rohr has been Vindicated

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr has been Vindicated

Post by Kabalega »

Kai, Naija should go back to local coaches and give them the support they give oyinbo.

It took England a while to settle on Southgate after FCs failed.

The NFF should give, Naija's Southgate, Manu, the keys to the Eagles bus and support him like they have Rohr.
I know there is also Siasia but ManU knows the young players better and they know him.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

That was then.......................................Remind me how many years it took this ................

LEGEND :clap: :clap: to deliver his success and Wowo imbeciles were still calling for his head.
ROhr failed big time and we don't need no silly Wowo excuses to retain him.
SACK THE FOOTBALL-COWARD..............NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keshi is not new to Nigerian Football, he was a player for ES for decades and then part of the coaching crew under Amodu. He knows the Nigerian psychi and politics and has a good understanding of the local scene. Above all Keshi had strong support from the very oga at the top. I never supported Keshi to be sacked I think he did a good job.. Many called for him to be retained after the world Cup and he was.. A point should be made that our local coaches are treated like shaite.. You don't fix that by sacking Rohr. Everything should be put into context. Where was Nigeria when he took over? We failed to qualify for 2 nations cups back to back, the team was in crisis and lacked believe.. Nigerians had completely given up on them and no one believed that we could even qualify in a group of Algeria and Cameroon (when team is aunbale to qualify for the nation Cup doesn't get that low) he has performed well given the talent at his disposal.
bigbrovar
Egg
Egg

Post by bigbrovar »

Sorry,this does not make sense. Who selected the strikers and inexperience players?? This coach is almost 60! What Learning experience are u talking about please??
What strikers do we have that would do better than the ones we took. He took people who performed during qualifiers and based on form. If we had a player setting Europe on fire he would surely have made the team. We have forgotten that the Nigeria that could afford to over look an Evan Ekoku even when he was top player at the Premiership and even gave Christopher Ohehen a glance despite the latter being a consistent performer in Spain and a legend at Compostela.. That Nigeria was 20 years ago.. We no longer procedure them like we use to.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:Kai see oyinbo #$% licking at the next level! So every one is at fault, except your oyinbo master??
Look, you don't have to agree with John 12. You might even choose to go as far as insulting him if thats your thing. But the point is that he is PASSIONATE about what he says.
You can't fault that.
Make your own case instead of the lazy argument that he is "oyinbo a$$-licking".

I strongly suspect he will argue with the same ferocity if the coach were Naija and doing the same thing. I don't recall Betty Faults or Lagerbeer receiving the same support from Nigerians when they were doing their own , so this una 'oyibo' line of argument is not to be taken seriously at all becos it has no merit.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Damunk wrote:
gochino wrote:Kai see oyinbo #$% licking at the next level! So every one is at fault, except your oyinbo master??
Look, you don't have to agree with John 12. You might even choose to go as far as insulting him if thats your thing. But the point is that he is PASSIONATE about what he says.
You can't fault that.
Make your own case instead of the lazy argument that he is "oyinbo a$$-licking".

I strongly suspect he will argue with the same ferocity if the coach were Naija and doing the same thing. I don't recall Betty Faults or Lagerbeer receiving the same support from Nigerians when they were doing their own , so this una 'oyibo' line of argument is not to be taken seriously at all becos it has no merit.
Nonsense........this proves that you never followed his posts thoroughly.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

zee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You can't fault that.

Really?
How do you think he got suspended? :idea:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Damunk wrote:
zee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You can't fault that.

Really?
For being a consistent...........buffoon :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kabalega wrote:Kai, Naija should go back to local coaches and give them the support they give oyinbo.

The NFF should give, Naija's Southgate, Manu, the keys to the Eagles bus and support him like they have Rohr.
I know there is also Siasia but ManU knows the young players better and they know him.

Do you mean Manu Garba?

Manu Garba is a good youth coach, perfect for the U17 team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

zee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
zee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You can't fault that.

Really?
For being a consistent...........buffoon :mrgreen:
Even if true, buffoonery isn't a reason to be suspended......otherwise you'd have been suspended ages ago. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Kai, Naija should go back to local coaches and give them the support they give oyinbo.

Do you mean Manu Garba?

This is part of the very peculiar Nigerian problem.
Manu is out of the equation now simply because he failed at his ONE attempt at the U20 WC.
He went from Hero to Zero in a few short days simply because Nigerians do not have the wherewithal to travel a much-required learning curve.

Instant gratification is all we know.
On what objective basis have you reached your grand conclusion? :lol: :lol: :lol:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What’s the vindication? Not qualifying for the round of 16?? What rubbish. You guys specialize in talking nonsense :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:What’s the vindication? Not qualifying for the round of 16?? What rubbish. You guys specialize in talking nonsense :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Revisionism at its worst i.e. having seen the present going back to misinterpret the past.
Last edited by AreaDaddy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

You do this with a coach that has ambition and has a style of football that fits the naija way. Now do u see Rohr as someone with ambition? The team were together for 2yrs and still could not string 4passes together! Are u satisfied with that??
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Do you mean Manu Garba?

Manu is out of the equation now simply because he failed at his ONE attempt at the U20 WC.
He went from Hero to Zero in a few short days simply because Nigerians do not have the wherewithal to travel a much-required learning curve.

On what objective basis have you reached your grand conclusion? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are there not other Senior coaching job opportunities?

He didn't just fail, he was out coached at the U20 level.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Do you mean Manu Garba?

Becos all the other 31 coaches at the U20 level came to sell groundnut, abi?
Carry on sacking, you hear?
One day you will find a Nigerian that cannot be "outcoached"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Do you mean Manu Garba?

Becos all the other 31 coaches at the U20 level came to sell groundnut, abi?
Carry on sacking, you hear?
One day you will find a Nigerian that cannot be "outcoached"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Manu Garba is a good U17 coach. I just want him to teach the same system Nigeria senior national team is using.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This is what I like about the English attitude and that of their manager. Southgate said they wanted to seize the opportunity, allow players to express the full extent of their ability, and they weren't their for a dress rehearsal.

Meanwhile, Rohr was talking about learning and that the team was for 2022. :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:This is what I like about the English attitude and that of their manager. Southgate said they wanted to seize the opportunity, allow players to express the full extent of their ability, and they weren't their for a dress rehearsal.

Meanwhile, Rohr was talking about learning and that the team was for 2022. :roll:
Not sure what you people expect. We had a team that did not belong in the 2nd round. Doesn't matter how you slice or dice it; we were not better than Croatia and Argentina.

I'm convinced we gave it our all, and left with some positives for the future.

What needs to happen now is that we continue to build on that, like France did (2012-2018) and Germany before them (2000-2014)

I don't like Rohr's style. But peeps need to respect that he is experienced enough in the game to know what is best for his team. Afterall his cautious approach, outside the diff in personnel, is not much different from Deschamps...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I doubt Rohr lost a nights sleep after the loss/exit
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:This is what I like about the English attitude and that of their manager. Southgate said they wanted to seize the opportunity, allow players to express the full extent of their ability, and they weren't their for a dress rehearsal.

Not sure what you people expect. We had a team that did not belong in the 2nd round. Doesn't matter how you slice or dice it; we were not better than Croatia and Argentina.

I expected to see a manager making the most of a limited team - as we saw with England, Sweden, Japan, Switzerland or Senegal. Nigeria played well within it's capabilities. We couldn't beat or even draw against a poor Argentina team...

Rohr should stay on for the next AFCON, assuming he gets us there...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

I expected to see a manager making the most of a limited team - as we saw with England, Sweden, Japan, Switzerland or Senegal. Nigeria played well within it's capabilities. We couldn't beat or even draw against a poor Argentina team...

Rohr should stay on for the next AFCON, assuming he gets us there...

Each of the teams u listed had better players than us, or a better team. And that includes Sweden, whose players are higher ranked than ours, except perhaps in 2-3 positions.

By their standard, Argentina was poor; but still better than us, with better players all round..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Thx no mind these delusional people because the way they’re denigrating ROhR younwill think he lost to some minors. No matter how you twist or turn it, we didn’t had the quality or better players than Argentina or Croatia. While you should aspire to beat them, it’s not enough reason to disparage your coach for losing to those 2 teams especially as your 1994 team wouldn’t even beat them.