Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar to Glasgow Rangers on Loan

Post by Dammy »

Ayo, as usual you miss the point. Our players are playing at a level too low to attract the Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan etc. That is why they are moving to clubs like Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray ext. It is from playing at these clubs that they can attract the big clubs. It is difficult for players to move from clubs like Ado Den Haag to Barcelona or Amker Perm to Bayern Munich but it's possible from Benfica or Lokomotiv Moscow as these clubs play in the elite European club competitions.
The next world cup is 4 years away and there is enough time for our players to join the big clubs but for now they are making good transfers on the back of the world cup.
I am happy
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Dammy wrote:Ayo, as usual you miss the point. Our players are playing at a level too low to attract the Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan etc. That is why they are moving to clubs like Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray ext. It is from playing at these clubs that they can attract the big clubs. It is difficult for players to move from clubs like Ado Den Haag to Barcelona or Amker Perm to Bayern Munich but it's possible from Benfica or Lokomotiv Moscow as these clubs play in the elite European club competitions.
The next world cup is 4 years away and there is enough time for our players to join the big clubs but for now they are making good transfers on the back of the world cup.
:thumb:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:Ayo, as usual you miss the point. Our players are playing at a level too low to attract the Bayern Munich, PSG, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan etc. That is why they are moving to clubs like Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow, Galatasaray ext. It is from playing at these clubs that they can attract the big clubs. It is difficult for players to move from clubs like Ado Den Haag to Barcelona or Amker Perm to Bayern Munich but it's possible from Benfica or Lokomotiv Moscow as these clubs play in the elite European club competitions.
Dey there dey yarn opaks. Players move from River Plate it Santos to Man City or Real Madrid if they are good enough.

Our talent coming through is just not good enough. Did Mikel or Martins ever play for Porto?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Dey there dey yarn opaks. Players move from River Plate it Santos to Man City or Real Madrid if they are good enough.

Our talent coming through is just not good enough. Did Mikel or Martins ever play for Porto?
Opals again, River Plate and Santos are big clubs in South America and are the equivalent of the likes of Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow etc.
Martin's started his career with the primavera team of Inter Milan, so it's logical that he started his career with them.
Mikel was the 2nd best player after Messi in the 2005 U20 WC, so he had a stage to attract the big clubs.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Dammy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Opals again, River Plate and Santos are big clubs in South America and are the equivalent of the likes of Benfica, Lokomotiv Moscow etc.
Martin's started his career with the primavera team of Inter Milan, so it's logical that he started his career with them.
Mikel was the 2nd best player after Messi in the 2005 U20 WC, so he had a stage to attract the big clubs.
Mikel played in Norway.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Na wah o. LIke joke like joke Gerrard don become boss.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Damunk wrote:[/video]
Stevie Gerrard is going to be a very successful coach. He has this down to earth attitude that reminds me of SAF.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

charlie wrote:
Stevie Gerrard is going to be a very successful coach. He has this down to earth attitude that reminds me of SAF.
Really? :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I take 1 week break and these crooks returned with their crooked idea. Let me be clear, anyone that says Nigeria should invite a player to get caps in order to facilitate his Work permit in Epl is a pathological CROOK, AGENT, Thief, BARAWO, ONYEORY, oleburuku absolutely no if or but. Infact, I dare rohr do some crooked thing like that and see what will happen. The nerves of agents and crooks on this side because if coaches were to be inviting players to national team to facilitate their work permit at epl what’s the critical for that invitation? No one dare say some nonsense like that again and national team isn’t a place to facilitate work permit
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hear Sadiq Umar moved to Roma youth ranks at an early age. He is like Mikel, he has an EU passport.

Rohr should invite Umar, Awoniyi, Onyekuru, Ejaria, Nwakili and others. They are interesting prospects.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Meanwhile, Umar Sadiq's best mate from their Roma youth days, Nura Abdullahi is having serious problems with his heart condition.
They are dropping him left and right probably for insurance reasons. Roma stopped him from training for 30 days back in April, nowPerugia are backing out.

This will be very sad if it ends his career so early.
The guy has always been very highly rated, even more so than Sadiq.
Perugia Drop Nura Abdullahi Over Heart Worries
July 10, 2018
Perugia of Italy have taken the option to drop on loan defender, Nura Abdullahi from their roster for the new season, following worries over a heart issue has was diagnosed with towards the end of last year.
https://footballlive.ng/perugia-drop-nu ... t-worries/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:I take 1 week break and these crooks returned with their crooked idea. Let me be clear, anyone that says Nigeria should invite a player to get caps in order to facilitate his Work permit in Epl is a pathological CROOK, AGENT, Thief, BARAWO, ONYEORY, oleburuku absolutely no if or but. Infact, I dare rohr do some crooked thing like that and see what will happen. The nerves of agents and crooks on this side because if coaches were to be inviting players to national team to facilitate their work permit at epl what’s the critical for that invitation? No one dare say some nonsense like that again and national team isn’t a place to facilitate work permit
You really take yourself too seriously.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damunk wrote:Meanwhile, Umar Sadiq's best mate from their Roma youth days, Nura Abdullahi is having serious problems with his heart condition.
They are dropping him left and right probably for insurance reasons. Roma stopped him from training for 30 days back in April, nowPerugia are backing out.

This will be very sad if it ends his career so early.
The guy has always been very highly rated, even more so than Sadiq.
Perugia Drop Nura Abdullahi Over Heart Worries
July 10, 2018
Perugia of Italy have taken the option to drop on loan defender, Nura Abdullahi from their roster for the new season, following worries over a heart issue has was diagnosed with towards the end of last year.
https://footballlive.ng/perugia-drop-nu ... t-worries/

Tbh its better he is alive and changes career than be dead at a young age..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Seems like a very shy young man. Did not seem to enjoy the Q and A.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

charlie wrote:
You are on your own here oh my good friend, unless if the word down to earth has taken a new meaning :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Sadiq Umar promises Rangers fans Gerrard loads of goals

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sadiq Umar promises Glasgow Rangers fans that he will run and run and bags of goals - See more at: https://goo.gl/JVjnDy

I hope this boys lives up to the faith Gerrard has in him and becomes our new battering ram. Essentially, he is another Romanu Lukaku!

Clearly Gerrard has a lot of faith in him. When you look at the way the manager is treating him, he clearly sees him as the ideal biog targeman ala Lukaku, Giroud, Kane, etc.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar promises Rangers fans Gerrard loads of goals

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: There are only two teams in the SPL...the boy go do well :clap:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Bad move to promise goals. He has moved from a skill based league to a pace based one. Scottish football is very packey. Hope he can cope with the pace.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

What I want to know is; why he is promising goals. Does he think the opposing players will be drinking tea on the pitch?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

DIMKA76 wrote:Bad move to promise goals. He has moved from a skill based league to a pace based one. Scottish football is very packey. Hope he can cope with the pace.
What if he has pace nko (which he does)?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Sadiq Umar promises Glasgow Rangers fans that he will run and run and bags of goals - See more at: https://goo.gl/JVjnDy

I hope this boys lives up to the faith Gerrard has in him and becomes our new battering ram. Essentially, he is another Romanu Lukaku!

Clearly Gerrard has a lot of faith in him. When you look at the way the manager is treating him, he clearly sees him as the ideal biog targeman ala Lukaku, Giroud, Kane, etc.
The guy made no such promise.
Only Ayo fake news dot com is reporting this news :boo:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He may be shy, however, I think his brief answers have more to do with his command of English than his personality. I have a feeling he would have given lengthier answers if he was being interviewed in Hausa or pidgin.
wiseone wrote:Seems like a very shy young man. Did not seem to enjoy the Q and A.