CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON - And Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:
green4life wrote:My Chels brethren, now that the WC is over we can turn our attention back to club football. Given that there will be some rebuilding please where and how do the following Chelsea youth products fit into Sarri-ball?

1. Christensen (CB) - He should stay and fight for a spot. He is good enough. Compete with Rudiger, Luiz. If Ruganni comes, I think Cahill leaves. Zouma probably leaving too
2. Ampadu (CB/ DM) - He is 17.. Keep him for depth chart. Play some Europa games too. Good 1st team experience. Injury last season interrupted his development.
3. Ruben Loftus Cheek (CM/AM) - Send on loan. He needs PT as there are part of his games lacking. Still not sure what sort of CM he is. He can come back next season in a better position to compete.
4. Hudson Choi (Wing Forward) - Still 17. Keep him as it will be a good 1st team experience. Get some Europa games.
The other kid to keep an eye out on is Mason Mount on loan at Derby (under the watchful eyes of Lampard). Cheers!
Omo, WC was a wonderful distraction from rubbish (IMO) Marina & co were doing this off season. I am still pissed at how long it took to confirm Sarri. All this to penny pinch. While landing Jorginho is commendable, the money "saved" from not paying Sarri's buyout clause was used to overpay for Jorginho as a way to save face for all parties.

Sarri has 3 weeks to implement his ideas before 1st EPL game. The community shield vs. City is in 2 weeks. Board better be super patient with the bobo. Then factor transfer market uncertainties with 3 weeks before the EPL window shut downs.

But see my thoughts on the young players you listed above.
Main man, I understand how you feel but the bottomline is it's much ado about nothing. The deal got done essentially in time for preseason. They tied up the key player that the coach wanted to implement his ideas. Time was always going to be crunched due to WC regardless of whether Sarri signed on June 1 or July 5th abi na 10th. The board still pretty much have their ideas on the targets they want to pursue or don't want to pursue in consideration of the academy products that could be infused into Sarri ball. Either way, I agree with you that the man will need a lot of patience from the board and the fans. If they want things done properly, all man concerned need to be patient this season and possibly next. If he can get them to finish top 4 this season, he'd have done very well. Any trophy is jara on top. Sometimes you need to take a step or 2 back in order to catapult forward. This is one of those instances.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Juve and Chelsea may have found an agreement on Rugani. 50M Euros + future 6M .

Ridiculous amounts being quoted for this young defender.
Shame on Chelsea's academy conundrum.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

We better not botch this Golovin deal o! :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:Chelsea fans,why are you guys accepting 100m for Kante?
PSG is bully you guys
Crack is a nasty hebish :evil:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

balo wrote:Juve and Chelsea may have found an agreement on Rugani. 50M Euros + future 6M .

There is something fishy about the Rugani chase, if it is legit. Be like money laundering.. :lol: :lol:

I don't think Rugani (currently a squad player at Juve) is significantly better than any of Cahill, Zouma, Christensen, Luiz, and Rudiger. Except CFC is going to lose 2 of the 5.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, in today’s market, Ngo Bebe costs the world and all that’s in it. Were Chelsea to contemplate the unthinkable, the figures involved would surely be astronomical. Simply put, Kante is out of this world, as extraterrestrial in his endeavours as Messi and Ronaldo are in theirs. Is there anybody close to capable of doing what he does? How can someone so small be so big in impact? If Chelsea were to ever sell Kante, they should be given winding up orders.

PS: Wenger nearly signed him. One wonders if it would be possible to break every MOTM bottle his “nearly signed” has won, over his head. The occiput specifically, so as to render the cerebellum defunct and useless.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Willian off to Barca for 67.1M pounds.

Thanks for the years and good luck.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

analyzer wrote:
balo wrote:Juve and Chelsea may have found an agreement on Rugani. 50M Euros + future 6M .

There is something fishy about the Rugani chase, if it is legit. Be like money laundering.. :lol: :lol:

I don't think Rugani (currently a squad player at Juve) is significantly better than any of Cahill, Zouma, Christensen, Luiz, and Rudiger. Except CFC is going to lose 2 of the 5.
Most transfers now are fraudulent. The Torres/Caroll deal was the starting point for me.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:Willian off to Barca for 67.1M pounds.

Official? :shock: If so JOSE MADE US SOME MONEY!!! :woot:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:

Not official.

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

balo wrote:
paj wrote:

Not official.
Why are we repeating mistakes of the past
We have not brought in any replacements and we are already negotiating a price for our players to be sold at. If we lose Willian and Hazard, who’s supposed to fill those shoes?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

CHO got promoted. To wear shirt # 20. And a new contract.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If you didn't get to watch the Down Under game, Sarri's first Chelsea game as a coach, see it here.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1 ... videos-twg

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Moses is back in training.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:Moses is back in training.

:thumb: :thumbs:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

paj wrote:We better not botch this Golovin deal o! :evil:
Who is "We"? Any team in blue?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Barca called your bluff and went with Malcolm. Good luck dealing with an unhappy player

Watch Milan do the same with Morata given the stupid price being quoted. Not all clubs are into money laundering
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Heard we are getting Bernard from CSKA...wth? :twisted: :twisted:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

jdizzy wrote:

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Barca called your bluff and went with Malcolm. Good luck dealing with an unhappy player

Watch Milan do the same with Morata given the stupid price being quoted. Not all clubs are into money laundering
:clap: :clap: :clap:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

jdizzy wrote:

A man could only hope. 67M for a 30-yr old sounded too good to be true. I wondered why the club wouldn't sell. :mrgreen:

Hopefuly, Sarri can turn his head back into the game and back in it at SB.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:
jdizzy wrote:

A man could only hope. 67M for a 30-yr old sounded too good to be true. I wondered why the club wouldn't sell. :mrgreen:

Hopefuly, Sarri can turn his head back into the game and back in it at SB.
I'm hearing of a switch/trade for Martial
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

jdizzy wrote:

Lol. Wilian no be Sanchez.. He will still be happy at CFC. Den just need to renew his contract with more $$

I think it will only take silly money for CFC to sell Willian. In today's market where Richadllison (sp) can go for 50M, CFC could have sold Willian to Barca if they offered 60M at minimum.

On the other hand, the rumor is that Willian still remains a potential chip in a move to get Martial from Man U. It is no secret that Jose wants Willian - been chasing bobo since last summer. If that does not work out, Willian will be happy to stay knowing that he is a shoe in starter on the right side of the front 3.

But no doubt, Barca called CFC's bluff and went for Malcolm. They probably knew CFC was not really interested in selling to them except for silly money.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....