Mbappe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mbappe

Post by Mr. Piffington »

This is how they build hype only to tear you down later. The problem with a lot of young players who are good at a young age is that they tend to burn out quicker. I wish the young man the best.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Mr. Piffington wrote:This is how they build hype only to tear you down later. The problem with a lot of young players who are good at a young age is that they tend to burn out quicker. I wish the young man the best.
he seems to be resisting believing the hype. When he signed for PSG last season, a journalist told him that Wenger believes he is the next world superstar or something of that nature. He replied that his role is to help the PSG superstar Neymar Jr, as the team is built around the brazilian.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mr. Piffington wrote:This is how they build hype only to tear you down later. The problem with a lot of young players who are good at a young age is that they tend to burn out quicker. I wish the young man the best.
Mbappe is the real deal!

The kid has the brains, maturity and will to learn.
He is teaching the likes of Pogba how to actually play the game.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

This guy is is in a class of his own.

Which superstar at his age would donate all of his proceedings to charity??
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

guest83 wrote:This guy is is in a class of his own.

Which superstar at his age would donate all of his proceedings to charity??
Heart on the field and off it... :clap:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona (before his drug issues), Thierry Henry all worked out well for themselves. I think Mbappe is on those levels and just needs to continue to train to be the best. After this World Cup I think better things will come for him.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

He plays like Ronaldo the Brazilian great. The power and speed and dribbling and eye for goal is there. He should go to Barcelona not Real or stay at PSG which already has a fiersome attack.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

His dad says he wanted Mpappe to play for Cameroon but Fecafoot was asking for money.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

bamenda boy wrote:His dad says he wanted Mpappe to play for Cameroon but Fecafoot was asking for money.
Shame. I am not surprised.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I pray that injury does not strike. Players with his blinding speed and quick change of direction are at risk of knee injuries.

If he can avoid injury, we should just give the next Euro and World Cups to France.

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

His speed makes him a very dangerous adversary at any given moment but like all soccer players, he needs to be well rounded. He needs to add at least one more dimension to his game in order to be a truly great player :!:

Cheers.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock:

Camers
is this true?

5 days sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kali wrote:He plays like Ronaldo the Brazilian great. The power and speed and dribbling and eye for goal is there. He should go to Barcelona not Real or stay at PSG which already has a fiersome attack.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good observation. The guy is a powerful runner. Watch videos of him when he was 10 years old and he runs the same. I pray his knees or ankles do not cause him wahala.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

tfco wrote::shock:

Camers
is this true?

5 days sweet o
DNA no good o

I have not an interview of his dad but when the Cameroon FA got interested in him last year of the year before, his mom made a public statement that her son would play for the France national team. This is why I believe the quote is innacurate.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Guys we also have to respect Mbappe quick decision making process.. He got almost all his major décisions right at the World Cup..
afc##
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:PSG should just sell Neymar to Arsenal. He would fit in well with his prima dona lazy attitude that Ozil was pilloried for.
Are you aware that there is a new sheriff in town at the Emirates? :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm not worried about him getting injured. These guys have doctors that tell them how to adjust their movements to limit injury. Messi was instructed by Barca doctors in 2014 how to change his game to reduce his injuries and its worked. Even if Mpabbe doesn't improve he is a 25-goal player. If he improves as expected he'd be a 50+ goal guy on Barca, Real, etc. Hopefully he gets out of PSG sooner than latter. Barca should use the Neymar money on him.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote::shock:

Camers
is this true?

5 days sweet o
DNA no good o

TFCO, don't mind Africans and our WhatsApp "news"
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

balo wrote:Chelsea didn't sign this kid when he was valued at 17K.
Is that for real? I guess it's difficult to know which of the young talents will pan out eventually.
that story na lie...it was actually Arsenal
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bamenda boy wrote:His dad says he wanted Mpappe to play for Cameroon but Fecafoot was asking for money.
Turns out that story is false too...confirmed by his uncle who goes to my church and is a friend of mine..btw this same uncle had told me the family decided he would join PSG instead of Madrid last year because he was too young to be away from home...they used to drive from Paris to Monaco for training so being at PSG brought him close to home...turned out to be true so I believe him
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

paj wrote:
Turns out that story is false too...confirmed by his uncle who goes to my church and is a friend of mine..btw this same uncle had told me the family decided he would join PSG instead of Madrid last year because he was too young to be away from home...they used to drive from Paris to Monaco for training so being at PSG brought him close to home...turned out to be true so I believe him
Pa
Isn't he the person that told you Emenike was joining Chelsea?