Naby Keita - Just How Good is This Guy?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cally
Egg
Egg
Naby Keita - Just How Good is This Guy?

Post by Cally »

I watched this guy play for Liverpool in a friendly against Dortmund, and from what I saw, the dude is going to do very well for them. Solid mix of energy off and on the ball, swagger, passing skills, and some mad dribbling made him stand out. Didn't know he was this exciting.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Naby Keita - Just How Good is This Guy?

Post by kajifu »

Very solid player,he is one of the most underrated player like Kante.Liverpool just got a world class player.
Soon likes of Barca ,real and psg will come knock on Liverpool door
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cally wrote:I watched this guy play for Liverpool in a friendly against Dortmund, and from what I saw, the dude is going to do very well for them. Solid mix of energy off and on the ball, swagger, passing skills, and some mad dribbling made him stand out. Didn't know he was this exciting.

Very good player. At the risk of sounding like a "longer throat", I wish Arsenal had signed him, especially during the time we were considering Lemar.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:I watched this guy play for Liverpool in a friendly against Dortmund, and from what I saw, the dude is going to do very well for them. Solid mix of energy off and on the ball, swagger, passing skills, and some mad dribbling made him stand out. Didn't know he was this exciting.

Very good player. At the risk of sounding like a "longer throat", I wish Arsenal had signed him, especially during the time we were considering Lemar.
We always seem to miss the good ones under the radar. WHY???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

We always seem to miss the good ones under the radar. WHY???? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I suspect when Arsenal looks at the price of "expensive" players, we don't consider potential "resale" value.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I suspect when Arsenal looks at the price of "expensive" players, we don't consider potential "resale" value.
Potentially up there with De Bruyne and Salah.
Was the best player in the Bundesliga two years ago.
Had an off year last season, maybe due to the fact he was already bound for Liverpool, but was still easily among the top 10 in the Bundesliga.

He's a unique deadly mix of Kante, Iniesta and Essien.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Complete baller..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wenger has confirmed that, after passing up on Kante 4 years ago, he nearly signed Naby Keita.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Top player.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Better than Pogba.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bret- hart wrote:Better than Pogba.
Which Pogba? The one that played for Juve and the one we just saw for France or the Pogba that plays for ManU?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Waffiman wrote:
Which Pogba? The one that played for Juve and the one we just saw for France or the Pogba that plays for ManU?

All of the above.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bret- hart wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
All of the above.
Let us agree to disagree. :lol: :lol: :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Jurgen Klopp has highlighted how he is planning to get the best out of Naby Keita, with his Liverpool side catered to suit the midfielder’s strengths.

Keita officially became a Red at the start of the month and has already made a seamless transition from RB Leipzig to his new club, adding an extra dimension to the midfield.

The 23-year-old looks a footballer of stunning quality, with an all-round ability to run the show in the middle of the park.

Liverpool’s new No. 8 again shone in the 3-1 defeat to Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, producing some silky touches and covering ground relentlessly at Charlotte’s Bank of America Stadium.

After the match, Jurgen Klopp discussed Keita’s best position moving forward, with a box-to-box role likely to get the best out of him:

“He is a creative midfield player with discipline; tactical discipline is a big strength of his usually. He’s doing the right things in the right moment, that’s how good players are.

“I don’t want to give him 500,000 [pieces of] information. We got him because he is the player he is and now we want to work with that. That means first of all we let him go and adapt to our system.

“I see him as an ‘8’, he can play ’10’ as well, maybe in the future he can play ‘6’ as well.

“At Leipzig, he played as a winger, that’s for sure not his best position but he can play it because he has the speed for it, he has the football intelligence for it.

“We see him as a creative No. 8 playing the passes and making the runs with the ball. With the ball he has the same speed as without, you don’t have a lot of players with this quality.”

The Liverpool manager also spoke about how he feels Keita has fared in pre-season so far, with the German admitting more is to come, mainly in terms of fitness.

“He can do much better, that’s clear. He was exhausted, he was really done in the last few minutes when they scored on the counter-attack,” he added.

“Usually Naby is fit and around the situation. I think it was the third goal, he couldn’t do it anymore. But, football-wise, he is in a very good way because he’s a naturally skilled player.

“In small spaces his first few yards are outstandingly quick, so that changed the situation a lot.

“He was good in the game and then the last game, maybe the half-time was 10 minutes too long for him.”

There have been few more exciting signings made by the Reds in recent memory, with Keita capable of taking the Premier League by storm in 2018/19 and beyond.

His sternest test of the summer comes his way on Thursday (1am BST) when Liverpool come up against reigning champions Man City in New Jersey.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/07/j ... pt-to-him/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

liverpool will be must see tv this season.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Arsenal actually were in for him before he moved to Lepzig. Didn't get first team guarantees so he went to Lepzig. Went back for him and Forsberg but Liverpool had ucl and the money. I wish we had gotten Forsberg sef
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Mixture of Kante but with more offensive skills especially passing to break defensive lines.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Comparisons to Kante are an insult to Naby. :tic:

Naby is a young Aturo Vidal! The most complete baller in the world right now.
But Naby has a cooler head.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Michael Essien type player.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

wale1974 wrote:Michael Essien type player.
No. Much better dribble and more complete passing range.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Maybe he was just too African
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Keita is amazing. So happy LFC signed him. We wanted him last summer but Leipzig was refusing to play ball. But the problem with their position was that his buyout clause of around £42MM expired this summer so Liverpool simply offered them extra money with add ons (based on CL qualifications etc) to sign him in a year in advance. Smart move. He's a complete midfielder. A mixture of Kante and Iniesta. True Baller. YNWA

Enjoy!!

2017/2018

[/video]

2016/2017

[/video]
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Liverpool stacking up to contend for Premiership and UCL double.
The only team I can say will most likely score in every match.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges