CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON - And Game Threads

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: CHELSEA 2018/2019 SEASON

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Is it just me or am I a bit over the top to be concerned about Moses future at Chelsea.

Perhaps I'm not reading the situation well but as things stand he's realistically 5th in the depth chart of wingers behind: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, and yes ... the 17 yr old CHO (real talk). To make matters worse they've been chasing Benard (Brazilian winger from Shaktar) although that may be in anticipation of Willian leaving but that still will leave the picture unchanged for Moses. If the preseason games are any indication, Sarri doesn't see Moses as a right back and has Azpil and Zapacosta 1 & 2 respectively in the RB depth chart.

It's looking like the happy days for Moses may be over fairly soon at Chelsea.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Moses is useless...let him go to Aston Villa.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:Is it just me or am I a bit over the top to be concerned about Moses future at Chelsea.

Perhaps I'm not reading the situation well but as things stand he's realistically 5th in the depth chart of wingers behind: Hazard, Willian, Pedro, and yes ... the 17 yr old CHO (real talk). To make matters worse they've been chasing Benard (Brazilian winger from Shaktar) although that may be in anticipation of Willian leaving but that still will leave the picture unchanged for Moses. If the preseason games are any indication, Sarri doesn't see Moses as a right back and has Azpil and Zapacosta 1 & 2 respectively in the RB depth chart.

It's looking like the happy days for Moses may be over fairly soon at Chelsea.
Not be you. It is a legit concern. Sarri sees him more as a Forward option in 4-3-3 than a RB. I also doubt that he will be a good RB in a 4 man back line.

Yes, he might be 5th choice now, but I don't think the competition is that stiff. Will hazard & arguably Willian with guaranteed spot, I think he can compete well with Pedro. CHO is still a kid - I doubt he start that many games. His PT will be managed accordingly in order not to burn him out.. Moses need to focus on beating Pedro and pushing Willian hard. Also evolve his game into doing the simple stuff/playing more intelligently offensively. He just has to rise up to the challenge!
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

Maybe a bit far fetched, he's been a forward & a wing back. Maybe he'll be the 3rd midfielder with Kante & jorginho.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Workman wrote:Maybe a bit far fetched, he's been a forward & a wing back. Maybe he'll be the 3rd midfielder with Kante & jorginho.
That did cross my mind but I don't think he can play that role. But you never know. Currently, I prefer Barkely in that role as I still have doubt about RLC's end product. Can possibly move Willian to LCM. Will free up less competition on RW for Moses
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Moses will be fine... the season is long, europa league dey
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Is this a pointer that Chelsea wasn't looking to sign a new striker? Were agents using Chelsea as a bargaining chip to get their players sold?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scared for Moses and Iwobi this season, they will be facing tough competition and aren’t necessarily equipped to handle it...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

Don't worry cause Sarri won't last long...
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:Is this a pointer that Chelsea wasn't looking to sign a new striker? Were agents using Chelsea as a bargaining chip to get their players sold?
Staying or no one wants a dud striker....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:Scared for Moses and Iwobi this season, they will be facing tough competition and aren’t necessarily equipped to handle it...
You are scared?tell me how such an frighten your wellbeing
SuperEagles

guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

It's going to be a long season for Sarri. I'm looking at his CV and asking what the hell did they hire him for.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

guest83 wrote:It's going to be a long season for Sarri. I'm looking at his CV and asking what the hell did they hire him for.

One of the reason he was hired was to change the boggy defensive philosophy. Soccer has moved on from that if you really want to be an elite club. You need to be able to create chances and defend at the same time.

Give the guy players that can fit into his system and let him lose to bridge the gap between the top EPL clubs.

And he needs time. You don't expect a team that started playing together for 2 weeks to have it all together against a club that is already 2+ years in the making and have the best players.

I expect things to go worse before they start to get better. Kante, Hazard, Willian, and most of the WC returnees barely have a preseason. And they are integral to Chelsea's plans on the pitch. The board could have done better by providing the guy more quality players to have a chance. Instead we were given the impression they were chasing ghost signings through the off-season.

Golovin would have been an upgrade on Barkley and RLC. But no, they let Monaco snatch him.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Hazard is back.
Kante is back too.

Courtois is adamant he wants out. (I am glad he is leaving.)

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

OK...I can live with Courtois wanting to leave but...why aren't we asking for Madrid's current starting goalie back I return again?? Dude is good..give us him plus cash for Courtois shikenna :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:OK...I can live with Courtois wanting to leave but...why aren't we asking for Madrid's current starting goalie back I return again?? Dude is good..give us him plus cash for Courtois shikenna :evil:

Think they can throw in Vinicius Jr. or Assensio as well? Let's see how tough Marina really is.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

They should just let him go
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

WC came and gone. Chelsea couldn't identify targets and really get them?

ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

That Marina or whoever is in charge of recruitments need to be fired. If Courtouis wants out fine, ask for Ascensio or one of the better RM players or offer him back to Atletico and ask for Oblak in return who I think is a better goalie than Courtouis anyway. I really want him gone cos he doesn't inspire confidence in me even in the 2 seasons we won the league. They should not have let Cech a much better keeper leave
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

ceejay22 wrote:That Marina or whoever is in charge of recruitments need to be fired. If Courtouis wants out fine, ask for Ascensio or one of the better RM players or offer him back to Atletico and ask for Oblak in return who I think is a better goalie than Courtouis anyway. I really want him gone cos he doesn't inspire confidence in me even in the 2 seasons we won the league. They should not have let Cech a much better keeper leave
What about letting him rot on the bench for one year and then see if Real want him. These guys are on high money contracts and still being disrespectful to the club.

Chelsea should get more Africans like the good ol days.