Cameroon considering Seedorf-Kluivert double act - KweséESPN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cameroon considering Seedorf-Kluivert double act - Kwesé

Post by Coach »

Indeed, colour needn’t be a rate-limiting step and that remains a Mount Olympus for football to conquer. As far as merit goes, Seedorf’s name and standing in the game has given him the opportunity and by that very yardstick, deservedly so.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Good choice.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Wishing Cameroon the best....if they are not playing Naija, but especially when playing Ghana.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bamenda boy wrote:Good choice.
:thumbs:
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Cameroon should give them a 10 years plan. They are both the products of Ajax excellent program. I hope they can help Cameroon in building such strong programs across the country. That to me is more important that just winning with the national team.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Was there a third person on the chair at some point?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Very interesting choice - made even more so by the fact that they both agreed to work together. I really hope they succeed. Good just b fecafoot.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:Was there a third person on the chair at some point?

:rotf: I felt that something was amiss the way they both sat so close together. Very unusual for humans in terms of he we all use space. Quite odd.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kalani JR wrote:I think they chose the worst African team to coach.
No Sir, the wrong administration to do business with. Cameroon, the team, can still be one of the best in the world if the administration does at least half the clean up. Giving a coach complete control of the team will be a major start.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

joplass wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I think they chose the worst African team to coach.
No Sir, the wrong administration to do business with. Cameroon, the team, can still be one of the best in the world if the administration does at least half the clean up. Giving a coach complete control of the team will be a major start.
Cameroon best in the world in what planet? with your mechanical jambody players? Nyggah please...
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

A friend of mine has met Kluivert is apparently very happy to be working in Africa where his ancestors originated.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
I actually support this. Let the black men coach... they are still Africans... Africa has 2 worldcups FRance 98 and Russia 2018
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Think this will end badly. Seedorf's short coaching career is unimpressive, while FECAFOOT is run in an unprofessional manner. Great players don't always make great coaches. You have to appoint the right ex-player.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The YeyeMan wrote:It's done.

Cameroon appoint Seedorf & Kluivert as deal for Eriksson falls through
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45070860
To the experts, is this a good thing for the "appointed coaches", for Cameroon or for both parties?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Some people - here - are already forecasting doom; at least, for the appointed coaches and I wonder why?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odas wrote:Some people - here - are already forecasting doom; at least, for the appointed coaches and I wonder why?
Because FECAFOOT is crap and could be a nightmare for inexperienced coaches like those guys.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:

:rotf: I felt that something was amiss the way they both sat so close together. Very unusual for humans in terms of he we all use space. Quite odd.

Nothing is amiss, and I think ya'll miss the point badly...

Its a great vacation picture. All that is lacking is the hula strips and perhaps a straw hat!!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

olu wrote:Think this will end badly. Seedorf's short coaching career is unimpressive, while FECAFOOT is run in an unprofessional manner. Great players don't always make great coaches. You have to appoint the right ex-player.
What was Zidane pedigree before he coached Madrid?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

camex wrote:
olu wrote:Think this will end badly. Seedorf's short coaching career is unimpressive, while FECAFOOT is run in an unprofessional manner. Great players don't always make great coaches. You have to appoint the right ex-player.
Over 200 games and almost 50 goals plus assistant manager.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Enugu II wrote:

Una don't roti finish.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

kalani JR wrote:
camex wrote:
Over 200 games and almost 50 goals plus assistant manager.
Seedorf has actually managed teams and was a world class player too