FIFA DROPS THE HAMMER ON NIGERIA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
FIFA DROPS THE HAMMER ON NIGERIA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45182193

GIve the office back to Pinnick by Aug 20th or get banned. Well done FIFA. :clap: :clap: i :clap:

This is 2018 on planet earth not 1823 in the bush. Do it the right way or don't do it at all. It's your move Mr Justice of Jos who thinks Nigerian law superwceeds FIFA on football. I'm loving it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA DROPS THE HAMMER ON NIGERIA

Post by metalalloy »

Simple and short. They for no give dem a week sef.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Fifa always flexing muscle for Africans when fbi got involved that rules was dissolved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:Fifa always flexing muscle for Africans when fbi got involved that rules was dissolved
Africans don't follows rules
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Pinnick wouldn't win in Nigeria after using DSS...

Now he runs to big daddy FIFA.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45182193

GIve the office back to Pinnick by Aug 20th or get banned. Well done FIFA. :clap: :clap: i :clap:

This is 2018 on planet earth not 1823 in the bush. Do it the right way or don't do it at all. It's your move Mr Justice of Jos who thinks Nigerian law superwceeds FIFA on football. I'm loving it.
Good job and instruction indeed by FIFA. Everyone need to STOP the mess and move-on in peace
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

fabio wrote:Pinnick wouldn't win in Nigeria after using DSS...

Now he runs to big daddy FIFA.
Would u rather he hired thugs instead? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I wonder where this hammer was when the FBI was dragging them around the whole place... Anyways that said Africa has consigned herself to perpetual slavery with the behavior of her children, so yes please bring down the hammer and bring it down hard. Perhaps the only good thing that can come out of this mess!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Giwa wins again.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Polly wrote:Giwa wins again.
How, please?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

oloye wrote:I wonder where this hammer was when the FBI was dragging them around the whole place... Anyways that said Africa has consigned herself to perpetual slavery with the behavior of her children, so yes please bring down the hammer and bring it down hard. Perhaps the only good thing that can come out of this mess!
Oloye, you cannot bury your head in the sand and pretend you’re not part of the problem when you’re so willing to bow to international slavery. That’s 99% of the problem when a significant number of people think that the rules of a global association should superceed the laws of Nigeria... and that’s why the FBI can successfully hold FIFA accountable because Americans won’t stand for the idea that any corporation’s rules suoerceeds American law but when the Nigerian government tries it, even her own citizens rail against her :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:I wonder where this hammer was when the FBI was dragging them around the whole place... Anyways that said Africa has consigned herself to perpetual slavery with the behavior of her children, so yes please bring down the hammer and bring it down hard. Perhaps the only good thing that can come out of this mess!

FBI was investing a criminal issue not a whether the President of USA soccer was legitimately elected or not, in this case FIFA has sole jurisdiction not some rag tag with wearing rodent posing as a judge.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Oloye, you cannot bury your head in the sand and pretend you’re not part of the problem when you’re so willing to bow to international slavery. That’s 99% of the problem when a significant number of people think that the rules of a global association should superceed the laws of Nigeria... and that’s why the FBI can successfully hold FIFA accountable because Americans won’t stand for the idea that any corporation’s rules suoerceeds American law but when the Nigerian government tries it, even her own citizens rail against her :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
TTTK,

The relationship between FIFA and states is simply about power and leverage. FIFA has made it clear which areas the state's cannot interfere. If they do then FIFA's hammer will likely come down. Now, bear in mind that FIFA's warnings have not only been designed for African countries. I know that you recall that France recently received a similar warning when the state attempted to interfere in a footballing matter involving Anelka. So let's all be clear that these warnings are not only intended for Africa. The only reason why Africa is disproportionately affected is because African states disproportionately interfere with footballing matters.

Now about the issue of power. States may ignore FIFA if such states feel that they have more leverage than FIFA. Very few African states can feel that way because of the high level go f popularity that football has in African states. If an African state decides to call FIFA"s bluff then guess what that government may collapse from citizen response to a FIFA ban. That danger is real. Do not take it for granted. Now, I do not feel that the USA grants that same level importance to soccer, BTW.

Nevertheless, let's assume the USA grants that same level of importance to soccer. The issues here pertaining to Nigeria are so far removed rom the issues that led to the USA actions against FIFA officials. First, the interference in Nigeria's case is purely on a footballing matter. In the USA case, the USA focused on crimes (racketeering, conspiracy, and corruption) committed within its sovereign territory. Those are distinctively different, if you ask me.

However, let me even grant a hypothetical situation where the issues are indeed similar. There remains yet power differences in such a case. The United States can override and severely damage FIFA regardless of whether an issue is football-related or not because of its access to resources that can put pressure on several other nations including Switzerland which ultimately can bring FIFA to its knees. Nigeria has no such resources, my brother. That is reality in today's world. It is like asking ECOMOG to send forces to stop a military coup in Nigeria being compared to ECOMOG sending military troops to stop a coup in Gambia. You get my drift. That is the reality of the world.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

But FIFA expects the government to fund the federation.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bouncino wrote:But FIFA expects the government to fund the federation.
bouncino,

But government funding a federation does not mean interference is a requirement. Note that in the USA, government provides grants to several universities but does not interfere in their daily activities. Note that the FA in England receives funding from the UK government (I hope this is known) but yet does not interfere in the English FA's daily footballing activities. Now, if there is a non-footballing crime committed then action can be brought against individuals who commit such crimes. That is a different matter altogether.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Naija should boycott FIFA
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Do the people causing the problem in Nigeria care about Fifa rules or Nigeria getting banned?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Enugu II wrote:

Cheers.
TTTK,

The relationship between FIFA and states is simply about power and leverage. FIFA has made it clear which areas the state's cannot interfere. If they do then FIFA's hammer will likely come down. Now, bear in mind that FIFA's warnings have not only been designed for African countries. I know that you recall that France recently received a similar warning when the state attempted to interfere in a footballing matter involving Anelka. So let's all be clear that these warnings are not only intended for Africa. The only reason why Africa is disproportionately affected is because African states disproportionately interfere with footballing matters.

Now about the issue of power. States may ignore FIFA if such states feel that they have more leverage than FIFA. Very few African states can feel that way because of the high level go f popularity that football has in African states. If an African state decides to call FIFA"s bluff then guess what that government may collapse from citizen response to a FIFA ban. That danger is real. Do not take it for granted. Now, I do not feel that the USA grants that same level importance to soccer, BTW.

Nevertheless, let's assume the USA grants that same level of importance to soccer. The issues here pertaining to Nigeria are so far removed rom the issues that led to the USA actions against FIFA officials. First, the interference in Nigeria's case is purely on a footballing matter. In the USA case, the USA focused on crimes (racketeering, conspiracy, and corruption) committed within its sovereign territory. Those are distinctively different, if you ask me.

However, let me even grant a hypothetical situation where the issues are indeed similar. There remains yet power differences in such a case. The United States can override and severely damage FIFA regardless of whether an issue is football-related or not because of its access to resources that can put pressure on several other nations including Switzerland which ultimately can bring FIFA to its knees. Nigeria has no such resources, my brother. That is reality in today's world. It is like asking ECOMOG to send forces to stop a military coup in Nigeria being compared to ECOMOG sending military troops to stop a coup in Gambia. You get my drift. That is the reality of the world.
Has similar things not recently happened in naija? They probably have happened, more so since those FIFA are keeping in office have been quiet for some time or have run away from naija to France: notice that FIFA is now talking when they are away from naija.
USA can do anything & FIFA will not say a word: Morocco did not win the world cup more probably because FIFA cannot keep USA waiting any longer; it is who can hurt you that matters or money talks; naija does not benefit FIFA financially & directly unlike USA.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:

Cheers.
TTTK,

Enugu II,

You are actually reinforcing my argument with this might is right rhetoric. It isn’t logical in any way at all for the rules of a corporate entity like FIFA to superceed the laws of a sovereign nation like Nigeria. FIFA only gets away with it when she’s dealing with countries like Nigeria who don’t have international clout. Furthermore, Nigeria’s problems are compounded by disloyalty. Believe it or not, the perception that Nigerians don’t give a crap about their country contributes to the sustenance of the status quo :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enugu II wrote:

Cheers.
TTTK,

Enugu II,

You are actually reinforcing my argument with this might is right rhetoric. It isn’t logical in any way at all for the rules of a corporate entity like FIFA to superceed the laws of a sovereign nation like Nigeria. FIFA only gets away with it when she’s dealing with countries like Nigeria who don’t have international clout. Furthermore, Nigeria’s problems are compounded by disloyalty. Believe it or not, the perception that Nigerians don’t give a crap about their country contributes to the sustenance of the status quo :!:

Cheers.

TTTK,

There is no denying that the power ascribed to each country matters. Just as Nigeria rules in West Africa, the USA rules in the world. On the FIFA issue, there is little that Nigeria can do, to be honest. Understand that our government needs football. It is literally the only thing that keeps our country together and bonds us against the serious push of ethnocentrism and strife. Without football, we could be DONE, DEAD, and GONE. Believe it. Thus, we must bow to FIFA for the state to survive (That is part of the calculation done in Aso Rock, better believe it). For USA, FIFA can go to hell.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote:
bouncino,

But government funding a federation does not mean interference is a requirement. Note that in the USA, government provides grants to several universities but does not interfere in their daily activities. Note that the FA in England receives funding from the UK government (I hope this is known) but yet does not interfere in the English FA's daily footballing activities. Now, if there is a non-footballing crime committed then action can be brought against individuals who commit such crimes. That is a different matter altogether.
E II,

This, in my opinion, is not a fair analogy. Any recipient of US Federal grants must absolutely and completely comply with all federal laws or run the risk of losing said grants and furthermore, be subject to fines. I am not familiar with the situation in England but I’m betting that the English FA knows better than to violate English law which is why the government can refrain from interfering with the FA. That’s not quite the case with Nigeria. The Nigerian FA constantly violates Nigerian law because they can look to FIFA to run interference for them even when the issue isn’t football related. If I recall correctly, didn’t FIFA threaten to sanction Nigeria not do long ago when members of the NFF were charged with criminal activity :?: :!:

Cheers.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Enugu II wrote:
bouncino,

E II,

This, in my opinion, is not a fair analogy. Any recipient of US Federal grants must absolutely and completely comply with all federal laws or run the risk of losing said grants and furthermore, be subject to fines. I am not familiar with the situation in England but I’m betting that the English FA knows better than to violate English law which is why the government can refrain from interfering with the FA. That’s not quite the case with Nigeria. The Nigerian FA constantly violates Nigerian law because they can look to FIFA to run interference for them even when the issue isn’t football related. If I recall correctly, didn’t FIFA threaten to sanction Nigeria not do long ago when members of the NFF were charged with criminal activity :?: :!:

Cheers.
Thanks.
And note the case of Ghana. The individuals involved committed crimes against the laws of the land not just against football (bribery is a criminal offense). And FIFA is threatening to sanction them for throwing the law at the offenders.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ghana sacked it's FA recently over criminal acts and FIFA didn't take any action against them rather it reinforced the government decision.
There is a difference between football matters and criminal matters.
Criminal matters was used in getting rid of Lulu, Ogunjobi and Uchegbulam in 2010 and FIFA didn't take any action against Nigeria then but the current situation is different. It's interfering in footballing matters and FIFA frowns on that.
I am happy