Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:We have defenders, what we dont have is a system that suits the defenders we have, Mourinho lost the plot, if you dont believe, wait till the next game

Mourinho misses open net...

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
For the naysayers

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Simple arithmetic. He is being paid more than presidents of rich countries to ensure that his players bury their chances. We see that happen week in week out, what is he doing about it? Why is this so difficult to understand?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
For the naysayers

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Simple arithmetic. He is being paid more than presidents of rich countries to ensure that his players bury their chances. We see that happen week in week out, what is he doing about it? Why is this so difficult to understand?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
For the naysayers

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
So it's JM's fault that Lukaku and Lingard could not bury their open net shots.

OK o

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
For the naysayers

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
So it's JM's fault that Lukaku and Lingard could not bury their open net shots.

OK o

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Yes it is. It's not a burger flipping job, so no sentiment here. It is your responsibility to get your players primed up to deliver consistent results and in the case of teams like United, win trophies. If they are missing open net shots then you have work to do and it's all on you.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

where to begin. very surprised at the result; not because it wasn't a possibility, but because of the way it exposed fragility at the heart of Man U (team, manager etc).

so the narrative coming into this season has revolved around lack of support for jose, edwards not spending the cash on identified players, and discord between the two men. while the lack of spending is a real issue, the manager has spent generously in years past. the idea then that players he had previously identified (presumably in a similar process to that which he used this summer) are now crap is specious. bailly, lindelof, lukaku, pogba....these are decent players. add sanchez, and the result (tonight and in the previous match) is cause for serious concern.

jose can turn things around i am sure, but he should move past the lack of spending. this isn't newcastle he is managing.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

It's funny to hear him talk about trophies he has won. No the ones he is winning like he used to challenge Arsene Wenger. Funny how things change
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Next 5 league games are the best chance to steady the ship and bring some calmness

Burnley (A)
Watford (A)
Wolves (H)
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (H)

But to me it seems like Mourinho is panicking a bit or.maybe it's pressure. Bailly and Lindelof did not start after last week's mistakes, now what will he do after more errors. The players are not confident they are not performing well. They need a good set of results as soon as possible.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Mourinho was buying players man city wanted not because they could make a difference in our team, it was just to stop city from having these guys, Sanchez screwed up our formation last season, does not bring any value to united and we are paying loads for the crap we are getting

That we were 19 points away from city explains this, 2nd is not good enough for a team like united, thats mediocrity settling in

As it is now, we will be lucky to finish top 10 with Mourinho in charge, those players ate no longer responding to him and thats a problem
The bigger problem is will these players be good enough for Mourinho's replacement.
I doubt it, these set of players bought after Ferguson retired have very poor mentalities, no manager seems to be good enough for them, they crumble at the first sign of pressure, they should be doing better but blame always finds its way to whoever is the manager.
Tricky times
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

So much drama with Jose all the time. When things don't go his way the whole world is against him... :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Yet people will say he threw Shaw under the bus...blah bah

For all the naysayers, remind me again who is responsible for Luke Shaw's turnaround?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bottom line is this crisis was not started by default, why does Mourinho have the same issues over and over again at every club he goes? he does not understand how to be diplomatic, he is not a developer of talent, he buys his way into titles, once that does not work, his shoody and lazy work becomes exposed for all to see, man united have a fantastic squad but right now, the problem is the manager, sorry football is big business these days and times like this, its best for both parties to part, Mourinho does not have a clear strategy for united

we look at city, we can see how they are trying to play, we look at liverpool, we see how they play, same applies to Chelsea and Spurs, we cannot say the same for united, yes he improved our league position last season but he has not improved our play

It is the playing strategy, clear strategy that ensures the players know what to do on the pitch, right now the players are confused, disoriented, so clear cut chances, they simply cannot put it away, sorry they have stopped playing for him

thats why he stayed 5 mins to applaud the fans, he is not that stupid to understand what the board are thinking, that he demands respect, he has to give it to his players, right i could careless what he has won in the past, what i care about is making united a force again, that he cannot do, so he has to go, simple!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote: Yet people will say he threw Shaw under the bus...blah bah

For all the naysayers, remind me again who is responsible for Luke Shaw's turnaround?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
This is what i don't understand.
Shaw was criticized by Pochettino, Van Gaal but suddenly Mourinho is the one throwing him under the bus.
How many United players can we saying have been performing to standards expected of them week in week out in the last 3 seasons.
But soon as the manager states the obvious some sectors get upset,
Most of United players are letting the club down big time, that is why De Gea has been picking up the player the year award year after, something that is very unusual for a club like United.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we need a coach that demands 150% from his players in every game but then, you still need a clear strategy of how you intend to play, we just defend hoping to beat teams on counter, we do this home and and away, wait till we meet liverpool and city, if mourinho thinks he has issues that is!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Shaw was criticized by Pochettino, Van Gaal but suddenly Mourinho is the one throwing him under the bus.
How many United players can we saying have been performing to standards expected of them week in week out in the last 3 seasons.
Most of United players are letting the club down big time, that is why De Gea has been picking up the player the year award year after, something that is very unusual for a club like United.
You people lying to yourselves in what at best can be likened to living in denial. This is his third season and if this shambles is all he has to show after spending over 200 mills on players he now calls bad ....then what else do you guys expect? Yes the players are rubbish, hey they were all expensive rubbish, but the most odious of the lot are the ones he brought in at such a ridiculous amount.

You can blame the players for all you want, but the truth is a manager who destroys his own team in public will face the wrath of his own players . Players know how to sink a manager who has lost his way,they can sense when the end of such a manager is near and they would help him to find his way as quickly as possible.

The clown brought this woe upon himself, if you cannot control your players , seeking attention from the media would not help your cause.

Look at Magic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, these were the players he was rubbishing other players for ,,saying the others were not his players..I wonder whose players they were. We saw his players last night, they were rubbish , add Liendelof to the lot who came in and compounded his woes.

These over priced lot were his acquisitions and you guys still want to push the players blame...nice try,but try again. That nonsense siege mentality is so outdated ..I have been saying in the last 3 seasons that this man needs to reinvent himself and his tactics. He reinvented himself alright ,he became a silking and whining menace to both his players and his team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Giardiola has been criticized for many things including not having a personal relationship with his players...but you never see him try to cause division in his own camp, I am not sure he has ever had to respond to issues around individual players.

Not Jose, he has a mouth that does not know when to stop talking. I thought they said as one grows older he curbside his tongue and says only sensible things...

Now he has decided to take on the board with the shenanigan of standing in front of the crowd in what appears to be a pleasure for them to be on his side,it won't work, it did not work at Chelsea where he was a demi god, definitely not at United where the likes of Ferguson have set a standard so high any fakery is quickly filtered out
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
You people lying to yourselves in what at best can be likened to living in denial. This is his third season and if this shambles is all he has to show after spending over 200 mills on players he now calls bad ....then what else do you guys expect? Yes the players are rubbish, hey they were all expensive rubbish, but the most odious of the lot are the ones he brought in at such a ridiculous amount.

You can blame the players for all you want, but the truth is a manager who destroys his own team in public will face the wrath of his own players . Players know how to sink a manager who has lost his way,they can sense when the end of such a manager is near and they would help him to find his way as quickly as possible.

The clown brought this woe upon himself, if you cannot control your players , seeking attention from the media would not help your cause.

Look at Magic, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, these were the players he was rubbishing other players for ,,saying the others were not his players..I wonder whose players they were. We saw his players last night, they were rubbish , add Liendelof to the lot who came in and compounded his woes.

These over priced lot were his acquisitions and you guys still want to push the players blame...nice try,but try again. That nonsense siege mentality is so outdated ..I have been saying in the last 3 seasons that this man needs to reinvent himself and his tactics. He reinvented himself alright ,he became a silking and whining menace to both his players and his team.
exactly, martial and rashford were scoring for fun before Mourinho came on board, one will expect them to be world class by now if Mourinho developed them like a Ferguson will do, look at both of them, shadow of their former self, just like other players and someone is saying the coach did not have anything to do with this, he brought in sanchez and what value to the club? has he improved united?

sorry they are not playing for him any longer, anyone can see this!

Marko
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

tfco wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:A good result against Spurs next Monday should calm all the unnecesary hysteria.
Its a.shaky start but the team can and should improve
What will you define as a good result against Spurs?
Park the bus and draw?
Park the bus with a narrow win?
Park the bus with a narrow loss?
Expansive football and a loss?

something like ummm the last time we faced you

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
You should have parked the bus :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

toyin133 wrote:
tfco wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
benteke wrote:A good result against Spurs next Monday should calm all the unnecesary hysteria.
Its a.shaky start but the team can and should improve
What will you define as a good result against Spurs?
Park the bus and draw?
Park the bus with a narrow win?
Park the bus with a narrow loss?
Expansive football and a loss?

something like ummm the last time we faced you

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
You should have parked the bus :D
They tried to park the bus, but the bus had a damaged wheel..Herera.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They are talking of the defence, fixing the defence...it would make sense of they were scoring tonnes of goals or their going forward was impressive. The only time United becomes attacking threat is when Fellaini comes in and they go route one. This is the trend. Otherwise it is painful watching them try to build up their attack and you see Lukaku messing it all up with a bad control or failed attempt to dribble.

What happened to the United of two seasons ago....ooops forgot they had Ibra and a Rashford who still knew what to do on the field.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:They are talking of the defence, fixing the defence...it would make sense of they were scoring tonnes of goals or their going forward was impressive. The only time United becomes attacking threat is when Fellaini comes in and they go route one. This is the trend. Otherwise it is painful watching them try to build up their attack and you see Lukaku messing it all up with a bad control or failed attempt to dribble.

What happened to the United of two seasons ago....ooops forgot they had Ibra and a Rashford who still knew what to do on the field.
exactly!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

How will Mourinho psyche up the players for the next game? run to the media? right now if i were him, i will demand a team meeting with the chief executive, let the players be free to say what they feel about him

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:

At times i want to agree with you.
Then i suddenly remember that these problems that Mourinho is facing were also faced by Van Gaal.
It's not a new phenomenon that De Gea is winning player of the year every season, it was happening when Mourinho was not the manager.
And these players know that Mourinho just like Van Gaal will go before them.

I will take a wild guess, if Zidane takes over from Mourinho he will soon start facing the same issues once he starts demanding performances fit for a United player every single weekend