2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] MAN vs TOT [WK 3]

Post by balo »

Man down!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

How much is Moura in the Fantasy league? Time to go shopping.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

balo wrote:How much is Moura in the Fantasy league? Time to go shopping.
I left him on the bench. :mad:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fantastic win and twas a good time to play United. We essentially rode our luck in the first half with the way Mourinho confused us with his tactics. Come second half Poch adjusted his tactics and worked to perfection. Moura is a beast and he is beginning to show the form that made him a special talent at PSG. Funny how all of a sudden pundits are claiming Spurs is now a title contender and giving all manner of reasons why Poch should take the United job once Mourinho is fired.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The YeyeMan wrote:

I know the feeling.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

IAG, ignore the media. Note the cries of Spurs didn't buy players. We bought early. Pochettino believes it takes players 6 months to settle. Lucas came in January. Lamela is back from injury. Rose as well.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:3 games 3 wins. Lucas Moura for 25m is a beast.
Let's not get carried away, we haven't played a top 4 team yet :D
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Being that we lost any opportunity to overtake the winners of the last few seasons due to slow starts, three wins from the off is very welcome. If we maintain this form (results wise I mean, as I don't think our performances to date have been that great), then we should have a better chance of competing for pole position at the latter stages of the season.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Only a yeyeman will do such thing but you're not, oh wait.. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] WAT vs TOT [WK 4]

Post by Its a Goal »

After a fantastic win at Old Trafford we are back in action again to play our 3rd away match in 4 league games. This is actually turning out to be a good thing for the team as it is building character and inspiring them to trust in their ability to win on any ground. Against Watford, another team with 100% record in the league, it is going to be a tough battle. Watford are going to set up to counter attack knowing we will have majority of possession. The few chances that we will have has to be taken because the longer the match goes without scoring the more inspired Watford will get to want to sucker punch us.

On Monday Eriksen had a below par performance, Dele squandered at least 3 open chances (has he ever scored with his left foot before?) and Danny Rose kept giving ManU opportunities to score. On the other hand Lucas was just a beast and impossible to defend due to his pace and could have had 2 penalties given to him, Dembele was a monster in the midfield and Toby showed why he is still class and possibly the best defender in the league. Those who didn't have such a brilliant game against United will want to put that right while those who did will have to consolidate their performance. It should be an intriguing match no doubt.

On the injury front, Danny Rose and Trippier came off with cramps but they should all have fully recovered, Wanyama is back in the first team while Winks got a few minutes of action in the last match to show his fitness. LLoris and Sissoko have both been ruled out due to minor injuries.

The lineup today will have a few changes from that of last week as Poch likes to rotate and give players on the bench an opportunity to play. He may go 3-5-2 today instead of the 4-4-2 over the last 2 matches just to accommodate Sanchez. Dembele may most likely be rested as he played the whole 90 minutes. The lineup may be as such:

• Kane
        Moura
  • Dele * Eriksen

Davies * Dier * Aurier
Jan * Sanchez * Toby
      • Vorm

I hope we get off to a strong start and keep pushing. We need all 3 points to stay in contention of the front runners.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Good to see Wanyama back in the squad. Aurier absence gives KWP an opportunity on the bench. Dier benched for Dembele and a back 3 as predicted.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Chei no dependable feed.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I really wish Ben Davies can work on his crosses.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It's beginning to be one of those games where you huff and puff but can't blow the defense away.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Own goal from Docoure. Moura forced it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Watford has come out to play and are beginning to attack more. Need to be careful here.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If Kane had been able to complete that pass for Dele...

Oh my, what a let off. Toby's header clearance off the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It happened. Stopped after going ahead. Deeney.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Snap.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Problem is we don't have difference maker on the bench. Llorente on for Toby.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks for Dembele.