Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wanaj0 »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote: And what are about the expensive imports who are difficult to separate from the garbage. I hate referring to players as garbage ..but what has the expensive lot he acquired brought to the team? Ever since Ibra left,the team has looked directionless.
Yes, especially in attack the team has been very directionless for a long time since Ferguson retired, hence you find fans welcoming the rumours of a director of football, because the activities in the transfer market have been directionless too.

If you look at the forwards/attack or whatever you may call it, only Lukaku has a clear cut role as a traditional striker.

Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Lingard, Mata, there is confusion there, some say Rashford and Martial will flourish as strikers, Sanchez and Mata it's not clear where exactly they can excel, all we know is they are supposed to be good players with at least 10-15 goals in them a season
It doesn't surprise me that United struggles to score goals many a time.

But then again i am no football manager maybe someone else can make them come alive.
Well, I believe some shady business is going on with the transfers especially the romance with Pogba's agent :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^The day after Mourinho rhetoric. Very sensible decision. Jose seemed happy for Martial to go, sound reason has prevailed. Once Mourinho falls, Martial law will be enforced. As has been said many times over, the finest forward and finisher at that club is this angry Frenchman. Romelu Lufobe is too Benteke by way of comparison.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho likes ready made players, during the pre-season, instead of complaining about the lack of players or those who were still resting after the world cup, a sensible coach should have injected some promising players from the youth team, use this opportunity to see who can make the grade, what does he do? he goes shouting to the press that he does not have all his players back, you work with what you have, pre-season is not a do or die affair

he gave the board a list of players in their 30s from Croatia, no sell on value to united and a Maguire, still an untested defender, then he was planning to get rid of Martial who in my estimation is more deadly than Lukaku if given the chance

when Leicester won the league, how many star players did they have? they built a solid team thanks to Ranieri, man utd have a far more advanced an talented squad

The issue is Mourinho does not know how to get the best out of these players, last season, the only thing that improved was our league position not our football

Other clubs like Tottenham did not buy a single player as they believed there was no need to tweak their squad

Look the players have stopped responding to him, will not be surprised if Burnley beats united, those guys will get him the sack, its almost over for him, not sure how he can motivate them after hanging them in the press, from Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw, martial, rashford, Smalling, bailly, Jones, herrera, he has criticised all these players in the last year

sorry its pay back time, they have seen an opening for him to get sacked and they will certainly help him all the way, despite what we hear from the board, backing Mourinho and what not, the real power belongs to the players and once they have agreed he has to go, that is what will happen

The man needs to learn to evolve as a coach, when you get hired in a club and the tradition is based on attacking football, you stick with the template and even improve it

If you decide to bring in your ideas, it better work, if he gets sacked eventually, no top club will touch him, he knows this, you cant come in and start picking fights with your star players

Mourinho should go to a mid-table club whose manager wants to invest for the future and give him plenty funds, thats where he belongs now, that or international football coach
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Benteke, Man Utd is not a charity and as rich as they are - they do not print money in their basement. "Buy a better replacement" cannot always be the first option. In his time at the club Jose has already spent 85 million on defenders, yet he still complains that he needs another CB? What about Bailly? (whom he also bought). Last season Man Utd kept more clean sheets than any other EPL club. So defence is clearly not the problem. There is an amazing stat that since last season Man Utd have spent less time in the opposition half and had fewer touches in the opposition box than any other club. Attack is the problem. Buying Harry "one pace" Maguire (to add to the 5 CBs already at the club) is not going to change the team's attacking rhythm.

JM is a COACH. At some point he has to stop giving up on players he already has, work with them to improve them, and stop lusting after other people's players like some home wrecker. When Bailly and Jones have played together, Man Utd have a 90% win record. Why not go back to that tried and trusted formula. I like the raw physicality of those two and their no nonsense, back to basics, block, tackle, clear it school of defending.

JM also has two promising defenders in the youth team called Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe. TFM may not yet be consistent enough for the first 11 but he was good enough to put Leroy Sane in his pocket for 90 minutes last season and win MOTM (at a time when Man City were blowing teams away and Sane was the best winger in the league). Tuanzebe also kept Alexis Sanchez in his pocket too. Promising guys. Plus he has a promising 22yo playmaker called Pereira with a silky touch. He could provide service to the attackers. So JM decided to send him 40 yards further back in the field and is trying to transform him into a Mikel style DM.
benteke wrote: Let's say everyone agrees that Lindelof was a mistake buy.
The board and Mourinho should have sat and agreed to sell/loan to sell fast and get a better replacement.

Everyone makes bad buys, Chelsea have quickly got rid of Bakayoko and got something better.

But to hang on to many such bad buys like Fellaini and being ashamed of moving them on is what makes things harder for United.
If Sanchez is not working out, they should not be ashamed of moving him on as soon as possible.
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Benteke, Man Utd is not a charity and as rich as they are - they do not print money in their basement. "Buy a better replacement" cannot always be the first option. In his time at the club Jose has already spent 85 million on defenders, yet he still complains that he needs another CB? What about Bailly? (whom he also bought). Last season Man Utd kept more clean sheets than any other EPL club. So defence is clearly not the problem. There is an amazing stat that since last season Man Utd have spent less time in the opposition half and had fewer touches in the opposition box than any other club. Attack is the problem. Buying Harry "one pace" Maguire (to add to the 5 CBs already at the club) is not going to change the team's attacking rhythm.

JM is a COACH. At some point he has to stop giving up on players he already has, work with them to improve them, and stop lusting after other people's players like some home wrecker. When Bailly and Jones have played together, Man Utd have a 90% win record. Why not go back to that tried and trusted formula. I like the raw physicality of those two and their no nonsense, back to basics, block, tackle, clear it school of defending.

JM also has two promising defenders in the youth team called Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe. TFM may not yet be consistent enough for the first 11 but he was good enough to put Leroy Sane in his pocket for 90 minutes last season and win MOTM (at a time when Man City were blowing teams away and Sane was the best player in the league). Tuanzebe also kept Alexis Sanchez in his pocket too. Promising guys. Plus he has a promising 22yo playmaker called Pereira with a silky touch. He could provide service to the attackers. So JM decided to send him 40 yards further back in the field and is trying to transform him into a Mikel style DM.
The board and Mourinho should have sat and agreed to sell/loan to sell fast and get a better replacement.

Everyone makes bad buys, Chelsea have quickly got rid of Bakayoko and got something better.

But to hang on to many such bad buys like Fellaini and being ashamed of moving them on is what makes things harder for United.
If Sanchez is not working out, they should not be ashamed of moving him on as soon as possible.
exactly, his crticism of bailly was puzzling, bailly on his day is one of the premiership best defenders, right now, nothing is working and buying new players will not work either, look at sanchez! what value has he added to united except lose the ball

Mourinho should work with what he has, united has a fantastic squad, what we are lacking now is morale and confidence! i am not too sure if he is still the right man for united

Things have clearly gone out of hand and we need a new coach with new ideas! It is obvious
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Benteke, Man Utd is not a charity and as rich as they are - they do not print money in their basement. "Buy a better replacement" cannot always be the first option. In his time at the club Jose has already spent 85 million on defenders, yet he still complains that he needs another CB? What about Bailly? (whom he also bought). Last season Man Utd kept more clean sheets than any other EPL club. So defence is clearly not the problem. There is an amazing stat that since last season Man Utd have spent less time in the opposition half and had fewer touches in the opposition box than any other club. Attack is the problem. Buying Harry "one pace" Maguire (to add to the 5 CBs already at the club) is not going to change the team's attacking rhythm.

JM also has two promising defenders in the youth team called Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe. TFM may not yet be consistent enough for the first 11 but he was good enough to put Leroy Sane in his pocket for 90 minutes last season and win MOTM (at a time when Man City were blowing teams away and Sane was the best player in the league). Tuanzebe also kept Alexis Sanchez in his pocket too. Promising guys. Plus he has a promising 22yo playmaker called Pereira with a silky touch. He could provide service to the attackers. So JM decided to send him 40 yards further back in the field and is trying to transform him into a Mikel style DM.

There is a reason why is the coach and we are not.
Didn't the Inheritance Merchant buy Nolito and Claudio Bravo? What happened when they were no good? REPLACED
Didn't Klopp buy Karius? What happened?
:roll: :roll:

You guys make excuses for every other coach except the one on your team. GOSH.
JM is not perfect, but he is the coach, so support him and quit whining at every turn

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

re Fellaini, i am in full support of him being in the squad
When you have players who do not want to follow coach's instructions, up steps The Big Fella.

Herrera is another one. Always ready to sacrifice for the betterment of the team

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote: JM is a COACH. At some point he has to stop giving up on players he already has, work with them to improve them, and stop lusting after other people's players like some home wrecker. When Bailly and Jones have played together, Man Utd have a 90% win record. Why not go back to that tried and trusted formula. I like the raw physicality of those two and their no nonsense, back to basics, block, tackle, clear it school of defending.

TFM is getting good reviews at Fulham already
Tuanzebe too will soon be ready.

There is a reason why McTominay has been promoted to the 1st team and those guys are not ready for prime time - coach knows best.

As for Pereira we will see.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we will top the group

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I have the right to send all you manures out of this thread. 3-0 shellacking gives me that right :tic: So shut your gums and resume your houseboy positions. :taunt: :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:Image

we will top the group

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Top wetin? You couldn't even top Brighton :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:I have the right to send all you manures out of this thread. 3-0 shellacking gives me that right :tic: So shut your gums and resume your houseboy positions. :taunt: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

look at this liver of lily
one day we should meet make i show you pepper small
do you know who i am?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:Image

we will top the group

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Top wetin? You couldn't even top Brighton :rotf:
:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I have the right to send all you manures out of this thread. 3-0 shellacking gives me that right :tic: So shut your gums and resume your houseboy positions. :taunt: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

look at this liver of lily
one day we should meet make i show you pepper small
do you know who i am?

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

Which pepper, chili or scot bonnet? We get am plenty for hia. I no go lie. I still dey shock. 3-0 ke? Went for prayer meeting at 0-0. Was expecting the customary "Spurs lost" news after the meeting. When a Man U fan told me it was 3-0, I was swearing at our team. Then he said we won. I didn't believe him until I logged on. Kai, Na long time I dance konga like dat o. 3-0. Dia ris God o
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote: There is an amazing stat that since last season Man Utd have spent less time in the opposition half and had fewer touches in the opposition box than any other club. Attack is the problem

There is something i noticed when Van Gaal was coach.
United was accused of exactly the same thing with regards to attack.
And at the same time the defence conceded a few goals compared to other top teams.

Many people said this was mostly because De Gea made astonishing saves and that the defence was actually not that good, i remember even oloye mentioned this( i will look for his quotes :biggrin: ).

I contend that the fact that United spends most of its time in own half under Van Gaal and Mourinho, is actually what made the defence look better when looking at stats.

But if you actually looked at the games , teams still created dangerous chances, most of which were saved by De Gea or missed.
Yemi Brazil talked about the 3-2 win at Etihad, now while the victory was a bonus, but my God the amount of times City sliced United apart and ended up missing was frightening.

I would like to concede that the defence itself was actually not solid, and the managers realised that and set the team to sit in its own half.
Once you try to make that team play an open attacking game, then sparks start to fly, which is what is happening now :biggrin:
Last edited by benteke on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:re Fellaini, i am in full support of him being in the squad
When you have players who do not want to follow coach's instructions, up steps The Big Fella.

Herrera is another one. Always ready to sacrifice for the betterment of the team

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
That is the thing, there is a certain group of very professional players who get on with the job and do whatever is asked of them nomatter what.
You have your Valencia, Young, Jones, Smalling, Fellaini, Herera, Mata, Lingard. You can see for yourself that they are working hard, despite mistakes.
Even an alienated figure like Luke Shaw doesn't throw tantrums like Martial, and continues to get his head down and work, look at him now.
Then we have a poisonous few who will moan and the world goes berserk.
The likes of Bailly and Lindelof actually are not moaning, i can bet they still want to graft for the gaffer.

Then you start to wonder again about this so called crisis :biggrin:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes, Pep inherited Bravo and Nolito (AKA players he did not buy). Klopp bought Karius and benched him after he made two game changing, potentially career ending, decisive and catastrophic errors in a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!

The difference is that JM is throwing players he bought like Bailly and Lindelof under the bus. Bailly has one bad game (in game 2 of the season!) and is ditched from the team (not even benched). Pereira is the best player in pre-season, curbs his attacking instinct for the good of the team and agrees to play DM, he doesn't replicate CR7 or Messi for 45 minutes v Brighton (he did not even play badly!) and JM makes him disappear like some Mafia godfather putting out a hit on a gang snitch!

Then at a time when he thinks CB is the weakness, he went and spent nearly 20 million on Dalot (a raw and untested RB who has played less than 20 professional games in his entire career). If he wanted to take a punt on a raw unknown youngster, what about TFM and Tuanzebe who are already at the club and will not cost 20 million?

Plus what sort of genius plan was it to play Andrew Smith (a busy CM who can play a killer pass) as a CD in a 3 man defence? (a position he has never played before!) If he wanted a third center back what of Bailly and Lindelof who actually play in that position for a living?

Now that people have stopped foaming at the mouth, the 6 changes against Spurs were partly responsible for that loss. A lot of the players he brought in were coming back from months of injury and/or had not had a full pre-season training (Tony V, Matic, Andrew Smith, Lukaku, Lingard). I think lack of match fitness/sharpness contributed to the tepid second half performance.
tfco wrote:

Didn't the Inheritance Merchant buy Nolito and Claudio Bravo? What happened when they were no good? REPLACED

JM is not perfect, but he is the coach, so support him and quit whining at every turn

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Yes, Pep inherited Bravo and Nolito (AKA players he did not buy). Klopp bought Karius and benched him after he made two game changing, potentially career ending, decisive and catastrophic errors in a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL!

The difference is that JM is throwing players he bought like Bailly and Lindelof under the bus. Bailly has one bad game (in game 2 of the season!) and is ditched from the team (not even benched). Pereira is the best player in pre-season, curbs his attacking instinct for the good of the team and agrees to play DM, he doesn't replicate CR7 or Messi for 45 minutes v Brighton (he did not even play badly!) and JM makes him disappear like some Mafia godfather putting out a hit on a gang snitch!

Then at a time when he thinks CB is the weakness, he went and spent nearly 20 million on Dalot (a raw and untested RB who has played less than 20 professional games in his entire career). If he wanted to take a punt on a raw unknown youngster, what about TFM and Tuanzebe who are already at the club and will not cost 20 million?

Plus what sort of genius plan was it to play Andrew Smith (a busy CM who can play a killer pass) as a CD in a 3 man defence? (a position he has never played before!) If he wanted a third center back what of Bailly and Lindelof who actually play in that position for a living?

Now that people have stopped foaming at the mouth, the 6 changes against Spurs were partly responsible for that loss. A lot of the players he brought in were coming back from months of injury and/or had not had a full pre-season training (Tony V, Matic, Andrew Smith, Lukaku, Lingard). I think lack of match fitness/sharpness contributed to the tepid second half performance.
tfco wrote:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Wiseone, when you beat Spurs no one analysis why Spurs lost. It's as if other teams have no issues when they lose to manure but manure have issues when they lose to other teams.

You got beat. It's 11 v 11regardless of issues, strength, weaknesses or whatever. Maybe Mourinho should delay the league until you feel your players are fully charged and ready to go. :taunt:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Performances - not just result. Against Leicester Utd were standing off and letting Leicester's players roam around Utd's half like a bunch of tourists sightseeing at Buckingham Palace. Then Utd were shocking against Brighton. When SAF wins the EPL multiple times and gets to 4 Champions League finals with players like Jonathan Greening, David May, Blomqvist, and Chris Eagles in the squad, people will ask questions when the team suddenly starts stinking up the joint with the most expensive squad in the club's history.

Moyes, LVG, and Jose have spent more money on players in the 5 years since SAF retired, than SAF did in his entire 26 years/quarter of a century at Man Utd. Think about that.

pajimoh wrote:
Wiseone, when you beat Spurs no one analysis why Spurs lost. It's as if other teams have no issues when they lose to manure but manure have issues when they lose to other teams.

You got beat. It's 11 v 11regardless of issues, strength, weaknesses or whatever. Maybe Mourinho should delay the league until you feel your players are fully charged and ready to go. :taunt:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wiseone wrote:Performances - not just result. Against Leicester Utd were standing off and letting Leicester's players roam around Utd's half like a bunch of tourists sightseeing at Buckingham Palace. Then Utd were shocking against Brighton. When SAF wins the EPL multiple times and gets to 4 Champions League finals with players like Jonathan Greening, David May, Blomqvist, and Chris Eagles in the squad, people will ask questions when the team suddenly starts stinking up the joint with the most expensive squad in the club's history.

Moyes, LVG, and Jose have spent more money on players in the 5 years since SAF retired, than SAF did in his entire 26 years/quarter of a century at Man Utd. Think about that.

pajimoh wrote:

Man United benefited when other clubs did not have a SAF or were in disarray. It is now Man U's turn and you need to stop comparing to when SAF was there. Very rarely would you get a SAF coming along twice in a row.
In fact when you have a manager that was in place for decades, his ghost tends to haunt the club once he leaves. Comparing your coaches to SAF is serious haunting and you guys need deliverance that only time can provide. You'll learn to win again when you learn to stop comparing everything and everyone to SAF. You'll be able to focus to the task at hand
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho is desperate now, i dont know how he will turn things around, just for united sake, i hope he does, i do also hope he becomes humble towards his players, you cant fight all your players or they will conspire to get him sacked!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

marko wrote:Mourinho is desperate now, i dont know how he will turn things around, just for united sake, i hope he does, i do also hope he becomes humble towards his players, you cant fight all your players or they will conspire to get him sacked!

Burnley are not in a good moment either. So this game offers Man United a way back on track. I don't think it's that bad but the press are trying to make it look bad. We are talking about a manager that finished 2nd last season and won trophies.

3 games into the season and they want him out? I bet if he wins 3 in a row, the press will look for other managers to hound.

If Man U did get rid of him and another manager comes in and loses 4 in a row, what then, get rid too or stick with him?