Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by marko »

Lets see if he can raise morale amongst the same players he has been criticising in the press over the past few weeks, these players smell blood and will they help to dig him out of the grave he dug himself?

When he started criticiising Bailly, i thought that was way out of order, that guy always gave more than 100% on the pitch, yes he had a bad game just like other great defenders, what he needed was encouragement from JM not telling everyone he was not a leader

He did the same to Martial and Rashford last season, Pogba included, now Pogba is a world cup winner, JM has to treat him with a bit of respect

Sorry the tables have turned at JM, since Monday, after the defeat, has he publicly criticised anyone?
The guy is fighting for his career now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:If ManU go into the season with that rubbish defence of last season.....i see lots of gnashing of teeth!

This above was an honest assessment of Man United defence by the esteemed oloye, and this was around the end of Van Gaal's last season, the next season Mourinho came in.

It is still the same defence, except for Bailly and Lindelof that were added by Mourinho.

Any thoughts on this, is Mourinho now wrong when he says the defence is still not good enough and needs more quality.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:If ManU go into the season with that rubbish defence of last season.....i see lots of gnashing of teeth!

This above was an honest assessment of Man United defence by the esteemed oloye, and this was around the end of Van Gaal's last season, the next season Mourinho came in.

It is still the same defence, except for Bailly and Lindelof that were added by Mourinho.

Any thoughts on this, is Mourinho now wrong when he says the defence is still not good enough and needs more quality.
:lol: :lol: Read what you wrote again.
A problem existed before he joined the team. He bought 3 defenders and the problem is still there. Who cares whether he is right or wrong... millions of people with zero coaching experience have been saying the same thing. In his case, he was hired to fix the problem and he is already in his 3rd year with millions spent!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

A problem existed before he joined the team. He bought 3 defenders and the problem is still there. Who cares whether he is right or wrong... millions of people with zero coaching experience have been saying the same thing. In his case, he was hired to fix the problem and he is already in his 3rd year with millions spent!
So that means he is still not finished trying to solve the problem.
Yes he bought two defenders for millions, but it looks like it has not worked out and something more needs to be done ?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Maybe Jose should have spent 200million on defence only just like the genius across the road at Etihad, maybe maybe United wouldn't be having all these problems :???:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

Yes he bought two defenders for millions, but it looks like it has not worked out and something more needs to be done ?
His employers believe it's working and that's why they haven't fired him - he stirred the hornets nest with his utterances during pre-season which undermined his existing players.
He should pray that the players are merciful to him on Sunday or else he is a goner. This is business.

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

His employers believe it's working and that's why they haven't fired him - he stirred the hornets nest with his utterances during pre-season which undermined his existing players.
He should pray that the players are merciful to him on Sunday or else he is a goner. This is business.
Maybe Jose is not far off the truth, 200milion on defence alone powered the genius at Etihad to a title.
Jose is not even halfway there on defence spendings :biggrin:
At Anfield it suddenly dawned on them and they have managed to splash on VVD what Jose spent on Bailey and Lindelof, i have not counted Allison yet.

Anyway i am just the devil's advocate and hope things turn around. :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

Thank you Benteke

JM got rid of Blind. Now get him another defender, that one too is wahala.
Something tells me he will not get rid of Smalling/Jones, despite all the crap that's thrown at them by 'fans'

Smalling/Jones will sacrifice for the team and that is what the coach wants

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

The problem here is that when people are trying to hide from the truth they will look for anything to use as a mask. Jose has invested heavily on that defence ,,the current problem of ManU goes beyond defence alone, especially going by this season so far. Getting beat and going down to Spurs the way they did,it had more to do than with poor defence. But like I always like to say,time is on the side of those who are patient to watch a movie play itself out
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:
marko wrote:Mourinho is desperate now, i dont know how he will turn things around, just for united sake, i hope he does, i do also hope he becomes humble towards his players, you cant fight all your players or they will conspire to get him sacked!

Burnley are not in a good moment either. So this game offers Man United a way back on track. I don't think it's that bad but the press are trying to make it look bad. We are talking about a manager that finished 2nd last season and won trophies.

3 games into the season and they want him out? I bet if he wins 3 in a row, the press will look for other managers to hound.

If Man U did get rid of him and another manager comes in and loses 4 in a row, what then, get rid too or stick with him?
:agree: But we must enjoy dis moment of chaos for as long as it lasts :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

All these players JM has been criticising had good world cups, why do they play well for their respective countries? Our problem is more than the defence, JM is a coach to bring in when your team is already sucessful, when you are struggling, JM is not that type of coach to turn things around unless plenty money is spent, they should not give him an extra dime, we ha e quality players on loan, look how JM got rid of the likes of Salah, Du bryne and a host of others, he does not understand how to spot future talent, look what he is doing to Martial and Rashford, 2 promising players, now a shadow of their self, give them to Guardiola and watch the results
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

Maybe Jose is not far off the truth, 200milion on defence alone powered the genius at Etihad to a title.
Jose is not even halfway there on defence spendings :biggrin:
At Anfield it suddenly dawned on them and they have managed to splash on VVD what Jose spent on Bailey and Lindelof, i have not counted Allison yet.

Anyway i am just the devil's advocate and hope things turn around. :thumbs:
I understand you but do you think Van Dyke is as good as in-form Smalling not to talk of Bailly? The issue is bigger than buying Toby and the Leicester guy Bro :mrgreen:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

See how Liverpool guys are playing with so much freedom making football look so easy. Watch Mourinho’s machine and you wonder why simple things become so difficult :D

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

marko wrote:All these players JM has been criticising had good world cups, why do they play well for their respective countries? Our problem is more than the defence, JM is a coach to bring in when your team is already sucessful, when you are struggling, JM is not that type of coach to turn things around unless plenty money is spent, they should not give him an extra dime, we ha e quality players on loan, look how JM got rid of the likes of Salah, Du bryne and a host of others, he does not understand how to spot future talent, look what he is doing to Martial and Rashford, 2 promising players, now a shadow of their self, give them to Guardiola and watch the results
The problem is MOTIVATION. JM cannot handle stars who has nothing to prove. JM's style of motivation is suitable for 'no name' players who will leave it all on the field.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:All these players JM has been criticising had good world cups, why do they play well for their respective countries?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you mean Martial and Luke Shaw?
Our problem is more than the defence, JM is a coach to bring in when your team is already sucessful, when you are struggling, JM is not that type of coach to turn things around unless plenty money is spent,
But...but...JM has gotten us the most league points since SAF retired. Hmmm, how bad can that be?
they should not give him an extra dime, we ha e quality players on loan, look how JM got rid of the likes of Salah, Du bryne and a host of others, he does not understand how to spot future talent, look what he is doing to Martial and Rashford, 2 promising players, now a shadow of their self, give them to Guardiola and watch the results
this has been debunked so many times, but go on

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:

:lol: :lol:

2nd best defence in the league last season, but that's OK.
Let's pile on the manager for.trying.to.improve.defensively.by.requesting.Toby.A

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YemiBrazil wrote:See how Liverpool guys are playing with so much freedom making football look so easy. Watch Mourinho’s machine and you wonder why simple things become so difficult :D
they did same last season and the season before, winning a grand total of _

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Name a player Mourinho has improved as a player, there are a few good players in the youth squad, this is the best time to start looking at other players, Alex looked towards youth and the rest is history, only a lazy coach complains about their tools, well like i said, his fate as a coach is in the players hands, if they decide to twist the screw, he is finished, that he must understand by now

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Name a player Mourinho has improved as a player, there are a few good players in the youth squad, this is the best time to start looking at other players, Alex looked towards youth and the rest is history, only a lazy coach complains about their tools, well like i said, his fate as a coach is in the players hands, if they decide to twist the screw, he is finished, that he must understand by now
you are all over the place marko. relax. your hatred of Jose is making you think irrationally

scott mctominay.

Now you name a player that any of the other Top 6 coaches has brought through the ranks (academy). I'll wait
Then we can delve into how many minutes the other Top 6 coaches have played their academy grads. I'll wait for that too

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Awful news about Depay.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Name a player Mourinho has improved as a player, there are a few good players in the youth squad, this is the best time to start looking at other players, Alex looked towards youth and the rest is history, only a lazy coach complains about their tools, well like i said, his fate as a coach is in the players hands, if they decide to twist the screw, he is finished, that he must understand by now
you are all over the place marko. relax. your hatred of Jose is making you think irrationally

scott mctominay.

Now you name a player that any of the other Top 6 coaches has brought through the ranks (academy). I'll wait
Then we can delve into how many minutes the other Top 6 coaches have played their academy grads. I'll wait for that too

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Nothing to do with hate for JM, i was one of his biggest supporters until his lazy coaching methods have been exposed times and times, i believe a coach for one of the world biggest football teams has to act in a certain way, diplomatic, there are many ways to handle erratic players, not in the media of all places, the way he handled the Pogba situation was amateurish last season, that Pogba is now laughing to his face with the world cup medal is a perfect example, he claims he is the special one, prove it on the pitch, like i said, the same players he has thrown under the bus, he will have to rely on them to save his career, good luck with that

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

scott mctominay.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
Nothing to do with hate for JM, i was one of his biggest supporters until his lazy coaching methods have been exposed times and times, i believe a coach for one of the world biggest football teams has to act in a certain way, diplomatic, there are many ways to handle erratic players, not in the media of all places, the way he handled the Pogba situation was amateurish last season, that Pogba is now laughing to his face with the world cup medal is a perfect example, he claims he is the special one, prove it on the pitch, like i said, the same players he has thrown under the bus, he will have to rely on them to save his career, good luck with that
:lol: :lol: :lol:

again, you're all over the place

the lazy "exposed" coaching that gave us the most points since SAF retired?
you moved on from "name one player he has developed/players with good WC's" lol

the special one tag was over 10 years ago...eii

Luke Shaw - thrown under the bus by Pochetinno, LVG and Jose - look at him today? Recalled into England
Ashley Young. England LB for the WC

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S