CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Post by Dammy »

Latest report is that the trio of Aina, Iwobi and E kong pull out due to "injuries". Onyekuru is the only player in camp in Victoria.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:Latest report is that the trio of Aina, Iwobi and E kong pull out due to "injuries". Onyekuru is the only player in camp in Victoria.

All legit injuries. I expect Awaziem, omeruo and Ogu to lead the defense in a 352. Nothing spoil......2-1 she win. 3pts na 3pts. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Seems no one wants to risk their careers on the plastic pitch in Victoria.
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iwobi was sick. Is it a common cold?

Ready made excuse. I doubt Iwobi would have honored to callup even if he wasn't sick.

So far Mikel, Aina, Iwobi, V Moses Ekong are out, wow.

S Moses is not fit. He is out injured.

Omeruo is not playing.

Things are not looking good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, there is no need for panic. Here is just my tuppence:

1. Previous reports indicated that only two players were expected today in Seychelles - Onyekuru and Ezenwa. Ezenwa did not make it but I do not believe it is a big deal as he is expected to arrive with NFF officials.

2. This game is against Seychelles and none of these illness/injuries will be a good excuse not to win! it simply give the coach opportunity to play other players and there will be others available.

3. There are 4 players named on Standby and the coach can call on them if need be.

4. One player initially thought unavailable because of injury -- Jamilu Collins -- clearly indicated that he will be available.

5. I think the article is creating an alarm situation that is not necessary at this point.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We may not have enough players to make the trip unless Rohr calls in replacements.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:We may not have enough players to make the trip unless Rohr calls in replacements.
... and hence we have "standby" players. Thus, there is no need to panic yet. However, we all know a loss or draw against Seychelles and we are OUT.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Ola Aina pulled up at the end of the Torino game. He made a signal that he pulled his hamstring, but hopefully it was just a tired muscle, or cramp.

Mazzarri (Torino coach) said after the game: 'I hope it's not a tear. Aina felt the muscle cramping up'.'
At first it was thought that Aina would travel to Nigeria (as per FIFA rules) but after they made a preliminary scan, they sent it to the Nigerian doctors who told him to remain in Turin to rehabilitate.

The extent of the injury is as yet unknown BUT they called it 'a small muscular problem'. From experience, they will probably carry out some tests within the next 3 days, giving the inflammation time to reduce.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Omeruo, Idowu, Onyekuru, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Awaziem, and Uzoho are in camp.

Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Omeruo, Balogun, Awaziem, Idowu
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.

Nigeria is lucky to be playing Seychelles. Things are not well with the team. So many players are boycotting this game. What is Iwobi injury? I wouldn't start Musa but Rohr is going to play him

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this CAN qualifier is when, where, and what time? Abeg!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.
It is on Saturday.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

vancity eagle wrote:when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.
Who are the 'IDIOTS' of the forum? :???:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think Rohr will go with experience and pick Omeruo as a CD. Personally I think Nigeria look more dynamic in a 3-5-2 with 2 up front (which will be needed if Mikel is away):

Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Awaziem
Shehu-Ndidi-Ogu-Etebo-Idowu*
Musa**-Ighalo

*Idowu (playing by default due to unavailability of 3 other FBs). I do not rate him.
**Cannot really drop him since he is the only one scoring regularly for the national team recently!

Iwobi, Mikel, Aina, V Moses, S Moses, Ekong, Ebuehi all unavailable - that is a long injury and absentee list!
:shock:
ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.

Nigeria is lucky to be playing Seychelles. Things are not well with the team. So many players are boycotting this game. What is Iwobi injury? I wouldn't start Musa but Rohr is going to play him
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

wiseone wrote:I think Rohr will go with experience and pick Omeruo as a CD. Personally I think Nigeria look more dynamic in a 3-5-2 with 2 up front (which will be needed if Mikel is away):

Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Awaziem
Shehu-Ndidi-Ogu-Etebo-Idowu*
Musa**-Ighalo

*Idowu (playing by default due to unavailability of 3 other FBs). I do not rate him.
**Cannot really drop him since he is the only one scoring regularly for the national team recently!

Iwobi, Mikel, Aina, V Moses, S Moses, Ekong, Ebuehi all unavailable - that is a long injury and absentee list!
:shock:
ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Etebo, Ndidi, Nwakili
S Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru.

Only 7 absentees??? Prior to the WC, we were daily bombarded with lists of excellent players that were ignored. Time for those players to show what they can do.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.
It is on Saturday.
Yes Saturday

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The team is good enough to get the job done. The plan was always to draft in the younger players after the WC and folks are still b*itching..

The spin is Uzoho, Balogun, Ndidi and Musa. Time for all the add ons to show they belong.

Up Eagles
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Working out on the beach in Seychelles, nice vacay for the boys.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yes but play the young players in a friendly first before they make their debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. So many players are quiting or boycotting the game. People are not bitching. We have legitimate concerns.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Seychelles is a piss poor side. One of the worst in Africa. Libya beat thm 5-0.

There is no need to play safe. I say we play a 442

******************************************UZOHO************************************************

IDOWU***********************BALOGUN******************OMERUO***************************COLLINS

******************************ETEBO******************NDIDI**************************************

SAMUEL KALU***************************************************************************ONYEKURU

***********************************IHEANACHO*********MUSA***************************************
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I hear Shehu is also out injured. Nigeria should have a plan to cap at least 5 new players every friendly. Colljns, a German 2nd division player may get his first cap in a must win Afcon qualifier. We have never seen this player play for Nigeria. This is a problem. Lack of organization is still major problem for the NFF or the entire Nigeria government. We have serious issues. I am not bitching.