CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg
Re: CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Post by Mr Shows »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yes but play the young players in a friendly first before they make their debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. So many players are quiting or boycotting the game. People are not bitching. We have legitimate concerns.
We had some forumers advocating that some of these players were good enough to go to the WC. If we were playing Ghana, Cameroun, Eygpt or Senegal, then your concerns will be very valid..
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mr Shows wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Yes but play the young players in a friendly first before they make their debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. So many players are quiting or boycotting the game. People are not bitching. We have legitimate concerns.
We had some forumers advocating that some of these players were good enough to go to the WC. If we were playing Ghana, Cameroun, Eygpt or Senegal, then your concerns will be very valid..
We had three friendlies before the world cup to test the young players if they were invited. Several starter are out. We have legitimate concerns.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

ohenhen1 wrote:I hear Shehu is also out injured. Nigeria should have a plan to cap at least 5 new players every friendly. Colljns, a German 2nd division player may get his first cap in a must win Afcon qualifier. We have never seen this player play for Nigeria. This is a problem. Lack of organization is still major problem for the NFF or the entire Nigeria government. We have serious issues. I am not bitching.
If the injuries are legitimate, what do you propose Rohr should do?

Before the WC, he had a pool of players he ran the rule over but didn't bring them into the fray due to the proximity of the WC. We are in a rebuilding season. Most of the regulars will be back for the next game and those given a run out now will be pushing them for a spot in the first team. While the circumstances are unfortunate, they work in our favour. A lot of the forwards are sharpshooters, this is a confidence booster and a team building opportunity.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should have a plan in place. Collins shouldn't be making his debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. That is just dumb. Nigeria may get away with because it is Seychelles. Aything can happen in sports. There are no more minnows in football. Seychelles may look to frustrate Nigeria. Which should be the game plan. Nigeria will be disorganized with so many changes and a few days of practice. I am not bitching.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I applaud Owngoal for their usual coverage of the team. Owngoal is the only outfit that comprehensively covers the Super Eagles and bother sending reporters to away matches and competitions. Yet, you have some disgruntled fellows come here to bad-mouth them. Makes you wonder if they would rather concoct stories behind their keyboards in their basements.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/04/s ... eychelles/

Players of the Super Eagles of Nigeria had their first session as a team ahead of their weekend AFCON 2019 Qualifiers tie against Seychelles on Saturday, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

The 18 players in the camp of the team took part in a Foot-Volleyball session at the beach in Seychelles not far away from their camp and Owngoalnigeria.com correspondent watched the session, which was meant to loosen the players up before the start of rigorous training tomorrow.

Newly invited Super Eagles midfielder Semi Ajayi was particularly impressive during the session as his abilities in the air helped him tower above the rest during the one over session.

Crotone of Italy forward Simy Nwankwo also impressed as his lanky frame gave him an edge in the session which had goalkeeper Francis Uzoho taking part as well with the outfield players as coach Gernot Rohr awaits the arrival of the other goalkeepers Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa.

The players were in a joyful mood all through the session with Ogenyi Onazi cracking them up with jokes and funny tales while coach Rohr and his assistants watched on and for the first time, the Franco-German was without the services of his first assistant Salisu Yusuf.

Yusuf is currently suspended from all activities in the team after Ghanaian journalist Anas filmed him collecting money in exchange for some players to play in his squad at the WAFU Football Tournament in Ghana.

Joel James reporting from Seychelles
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

ohenhen1 wrote:He should have a plan in place. Collins shouldn't be making his debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. That is just dumb. Nigeria may get away with because it is Seychelles. Aything can happen in sports. There are no more minnows in football. Seychelles may look to frustrate Nigeria. Which should be the game plan. Nigeria will be disorganized with so many changes and a few days of practice. I am not bitching.
Let's assume he turns out to have a MOM performance, what would say then?.....Who is to say he will be in the starting 11? Like I said, we are playing the San Marino of Africa. No disrespect but Nigeria is not up against tough opposition to warrant the concerns raised. The team is good enough to get the job done. We have an experienced spine. The fringe players while rookies, are not hey yous!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mr Shows wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He should have a plan in place. Collins shouldn't be making his debut in a must win Afcon qualifier. That is just dumb. Nigeria may get away with because it is Seychelles. Aything can happen in sports. There are no more minnows in football. Seychelles may look to frustrate Nigeria. Which should be the game plan. Nigeria will be disorganized with so many changes and a few days of practice. I am not bitching.
Let's assume he turns out to have a MOM performance, what would say then?.....Who is to say he will be in the starting 11? Like I said, we are playing the San Marino of Africa. No disrespect but Nigeria is not up against tough opposition to warrant the concerns raised. The team is good enough to get the job done. We have an experienced spine. The fringe players while rookies, are not hey yous!
Even if he turns out to be MOM. It is still a stupid idea. More often and not. It comes back to hunt us. I remember how Eguavon made the same mistake with S Stephens against Guinea in an Afcon qualifier. Nigeria never learn.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Robbynice wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:when I was complaining that Rohr's standby list was absolute rubbish, the IDIOTS of this forum told me it was "just a standby list"

Well what say you now that we will have useless junks replacing these players.

With Iwobi out we could have looked at Success or Bonaventure, but now it will have to be Blessing Eleke from Switzerland. :boo:

Rohr screwed up.
Who are the 'IDIOTS' of the forum? :???:
Take about lack of training growing up.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree in part. I said a while back that a depth chart should be created for every position so we can deal with these situations and also generate competition for spots so that nobody gets comfortable.

Having said that LB is a position we lack options in. So much so that guys like Idowu and Aina who are natural RB's have been drafted in.

Aina is injured. Idowu may be forced to play his natural RB position because we have also had injuries to Ebuehi and Shehu. What exactly do you want Rohr to do ? He seems to now deep Echijele surplus to requirements, and I agree with him, although he should have done this pre WC and taken Aina to Russia.

So who do we have at LB that Rohr could call ?

I think he could have called that homebased youngster who played against Atletico, or perhaps the guy at Lugano, neither of who have recently played for SE, so I see no problem calling up a guy in the German 2nd division.

You seem to be just complaining for complainings sake.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Even if he turns out to be MOM. It is still a stupid idea. More often and not. It comes back to hunt us. I remember how Eguavon made the same mistake with S Stephens against Guinea in an Afcon qualifier. Nigeria never learn.

so who should be playing left back ? Which would not be a stupid idea.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

so who should be playing left back ? Which would not be a stupid idea.
Echiejile or some one else that has been previously capped. We don't know if Collins can play or not. I haven't seen him play. Echiejile can be a good stand in left back. Can also go with back 3 line. Collins should have never been invited to a must win Afcon qualifier. Should get his first cap in a friendly.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

You're getting ahead of yourself here. First, you don't know if this Collins guy will actually play at all. He is a left back and only in the team as a backup for Idowu considering Elderson is no longer part of Rohr's plans (a decision many here would agree with) and Ebuehi is injured. Secondly, if we're 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go I don't see any problems with capping this player. Inviting Elderson to sit on the bench for this game and then drop him from future games (when other players become available) would have been unfair.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:
You're getting ahead of yourself here. First, you don't know if this Collins guy will actually play at all. He is a left back and only in the team as a backup for Idowu considering Elderson is no longer part of Rohr's plans (a decision many here would agree with) and Ebuehi is injured. Secondly, if we're 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go I don't see any problems with capping this player. Inviting Elderson to sit on the bench for this game and then drop him from future games (when other players become available) would have been unfair.
Shouldn't have been invited in the first place. If Idowu pulls out injured. He will be the only left back in camp.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I was referring to FORCED absentees (injuries etc).
wanaj0 wrote: Only 7 absentees??? Prior to the WC, we were daily bombarded with lists of excellent players that were ignored. Time for those players to show what they can do.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
Shouldn't have been invited in the first place. If Idowu pulls out injured. He will be the only left back in camp.
Then who do you want as a back up for Idowu? And please do not say Echiejile. You guys have hated on this guy to no end saying he does not belong to the SE in any shape or form and must be bribing the coach to be in the team. If you just want to use him now because you're short of players only to resume your hating later saying he has no business in the SE than that is not right! If you're that heartless at least the coach is not like you.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

First of, you realize Elderson is clubless, after being cut by Monaco? This is someone who has yet to kick a competitive ball in eons. He is not even close to being match fit.
Jamilu, on the other hand, has played about 6 full matches for SC Paderborn this season. He is ready to go if fit. Ditto that for Semi Ajayi.
Against a team like Seychelles, the failure to perform risk is low and is the perfect platform to try out the likes of Jamilu and Semi.
ohenhen1 wrote: Echiejile or some one else that has been previously capped. We don't know if Collins can play or not. I haven't seen him play. Echiejile can be a good stand in left back. Can also go with back 3 line. Collins should have never been invited to a must win Afcon qualifier. Should get his first cap in a friendly.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
Then who do you want as a back up for Idowu? And please do not say Echiejile. You guys have hated on this guy to no end saying he does not belong to the SE in any shape or form and must be bribing the coach to be in the team. If you just want to use him now because you're short of players only to resume your hating later saying he has no business in the SE than that is not right! If you're that heartless at least the coach is not like you.
Some one that has been previously capped. Uwa Echiejile is available. Collins can make his debut in a friendly. Nwakili has played for Nigeria in a friendly and at U20 level. Collins played in the German 3rd division last year. We don't know if he can play or not. He has never played for Nigeria before.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:
Some one that has been previously capped. Uwa Echiejile is available. Collins can make his debut in a friendly. Nwakili has played for Nigeria in a friendly and at U20 level. Collins played in the German 3rd division last year. We don't know if he can play or not. He has never played for Nigeria before.
Are you not one of the people here who has repeatedly complained that Echiejile has no business in the SE?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I didn't even know this. At least the coach is doing his job in being informed re which players are active.
Otitokoro wrote:First of, you realize Elderson is clubless, after being cut by Monaco? This is someone who has yet to kick a competitive ball in eons. He is not even close to being match fit.
Jamilu, on the other hand, has played about 6 full matches for SC Paderborn this season. He is ready to go if fit. Ditto that for Semi Ajayi.
Against a team like Seychelles, the failure to perform risk is low and is the perfect platform to try out the likes of Jamilu and Semi.
ohenhen1 wrote: Echiejile or some one else that has been previously capped. We don't know if Collins can play or not. I haven't seen him play. Echiejile can be a good stand in left back. Can also go with back 3 line. Collins should have never been invited to a must win Afcon qualifier. Should get his first cap in a friendly.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:I didn't even know this. At least the coach is doing his job in being informed re which players are active.
Otitokoro wrote:First of, you realize Elderson is clubless, after being cut by Monaco? This is someone who has yet to kick a competitive ball in eons. He is not even close to being match fit.
He just terminated his contract with Monaco a few days ago. Been training with Monaco.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We keep making the same mistakes, expecting different results. Brazil or Germany will never play an uncapped player in an important player. Friendlies are mean't to test plays so that they don't mess up in vital games.

We have not learn't from the Sunday Stephens experience against Guinea?

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Orion wrote:I didn't even know this. At least the coach is doing his job in being informed re which players are active.
He just terminated his contract with Monaco a few days ago. Been training with Monaco.
I repeat my question. Are you not one of the people here who has repeatedly complained that Echiejile has no business in the SE, even as a backup?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
I repeat my question. Are you not one of the people here who has repeatedly complained that Echiejile has no business in the SE, even as a backup?
I never said that.

Uwa Echiejile is okay, a good depth player.

The list came out before Uwa terminated his contract with Monaco.

There are other Nigerian left backs that Rohr can call up, that have been capped.

What is so special about this Jamilu Collins?