CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAN Qualifier v Seychelles

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.
It is on Saturday.
Yes Saturday
...so why you type tomorrow (Wednesday), big difference.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

vancity eagle wrote:
Paveman wrote:The thing is, there is no real alternative.
Do you know that Brian Idowu has not played one single minute of club competitive football since the world cup? That’s almost 3 full months of ‘inactivity’.

Aina, Shehu and Ebuehi are all out injured. The only other fullback that could have been considered is Sincere Seth who is playing regularly for a medium club in Turkey, which is probably similar level to 2nd divison Germany.

Call me crazy, but the only person who could have possibly covered at right back and has the necessary big game experience, is Efe Ambrose. I guess seeing the quality if Seychelles, Rohr decided to take the risk with an eye to the future, rather than going for experience but no future.

Seth Sincere and Ambrose are Rightbacks.

Idowu is also a right back who has been playing on our left due to a lack of options.

Collins is a bonafide left back.
Vancity, I reread my post and see that I could have been misunderstood. I agree with Rohr on this one, Jamilu Collins is probably the best option considering the circumstances.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According to reports, Rohr is not calling up any player from the stand-by list.
All the players have arrived in Seychelles except John Ogu, who is expected today.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Tomorrow 830 am ET. SSS better not agree to take over again with 3 matches left in qualifications.
It is on Saturday.
Yes Saturday
...so why you type tomorrow (Wednesday), big difference.
Chief Ohenhen1, the ball is in your court. Please ansa the kwesion now, please tell us why you tok say na tomorrow (today) be the game-day
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:According to reports, Rohr is not calling up any player from the stand-by list.
All the players have arrived in Seychelles except John Ogu, who is expected today.

Rohr knows best! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Semi Ajayi Hoping To Impress With Super Eagles

Rotherham United defender Semi Ajayi is hoping to take his opportunity with the Super Eagles with both hands saying he “hopes to impress”

The 24-year-old received his first call up to the Super Eagles and has joined up with his Nigeria teammates ahead of their 2019 AFCON Qualifier fixture against Seychelles.

Speaking to www.themillers.co.uk. Ajayi says he is enjoying life with his national team . . . .http://www.soccerassembly.com/semi-ajay ... er-eagles/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ex Arsenal defender Semi Ajayi? I hope he has improved. The last time I saw him play for the Arsenal reserves, he wasn't good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ex Arsenal defender Semi Ajayi? I hope he has improved. The last time I saw him play for the Arsenal reserves, he wasn't good.
Worry more about the likes of Ighalo who may actually play, how did he look the last time you saw him play :taunt: :mad: :evil:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ohenhen1 wrote:Iwobi was sick. Is it a common cold?

Ready made excuse. I doubt Iwobi would have honored to callup even if he wasn't sick.

So far Mikel, Aina, Iwobi, V Moses Ekong are out, wow.

S Moses is not fit. He is out injured.

Omeruo is not playing.

Things are not looking good.
I thought Victor Moses retired? Why are you still listing him as out for this game thus implying he's still a member of the team? Am I missing something? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ex Arsenal defender Semi Ajayi? I hope he has improved. The last time I saw him play for the Arsenal reserves, he wasn't good.
How long ago was that? Are you still the same person you were years back in terms of wisdom?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

wale1974 wrote:
How long ago was that? Are you still the same person you were years back in terms of wisdom?
Of course not! He has actually gotten dumber!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bushboy wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Is there a friendly match for the team after this game?
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
icee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We keep making the same mistakes, expecting different results. Brazil or Germany will never play an uncapped player in an important player. Friendlies are mean't to test plays so that they don't mess up in vital games.

We have not learn't from the Sunday Stephens experience against Guinea?

Ohenhen, Iroha has been previously capped. We should invite him and same with Oshinawa. Anyways, this decisions are not as simple as looking at them through a singular lens (capped or not capped). You seem however to be insisting on that lone criteria. There are a few other variables that are critical to success / best decision. Uwa is more or less retired in my books...
No serious FA will invite an uncapped player for an important game. Is Nigeria overconfident that the competition is Seychelles?

Uwa Echiejile is okay. At least we have seen him play for Nigeria.

I think Nigeria need to go to a back 3.

Play 3-5-2.
This data below is similar to what the evidence will reveal with other FAs. the data appears to be in conflict with your hypothesis

For Nigera..... ALL had their first SE cap in either a WC Qualifier or Afcon Qualifier

1. Jay - Jay OKocha, May 1993 vs Ivory coast
2. Joseph Yobo, March 24th, 2001 vs Zambia
3.Ahmed Musa in september of 2010

Others are Finidi George, Rashidi Yekini, Yakubu Aigbeni.

http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/nig-recintlp.html
Ahmed Musa and Yobo played in the youth ranks. Musa played with the home based eagles. Okocha was already in camp before he made his official debut and he was already an established player for Frankfurt. Yekini was a camp body for the Eagles before he officially made his debut, same with Finidi.

Please give me an example of Brazil or Spain or Germany inviting an uncapped player for a world cup qualifier.
Brazil: Uncapped from Chinese league
Brazil coach Tite named uncapped Gremio midfielder Arthur on Friday in his squad for the final two World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Chile next month.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-socc ... KKCN1BQ24L

Spain:
Julen Lopetegui has named the uncapped Asier Illarramendi in his 25-man squad for matches against Israel and France.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/maiden-s ... 6ucj0v1sj2

Germany:
Löw calls up three uncapped players for San Marino qualifier, Italy friendly
https://www.dw.com/en/l%C3%B6w-calls-up ... a-36263485

Kindly STFU.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote: OK, I must have been mixing you up with the other complainers here. In any case, as Otitokoro pointed out, Uwa has not played a single game this season and unlikely to be match fit. On the other hand Collins has been playing competitively. Keep in mind we're talking of a player here who will likely sit on the bench for the full 90 mins. Much ado about nothing IMO.
The NFF need to stop this nonsense. Stop inviting uncapped players for important games. No serious FA will do it. Have you ever heard of the US inviting an uncapped player for a world cup qualifier?

I think we need to mandate the coach to cap at least 5 new players every friendly game. We need to build a big pool of players.

It doesn't matter if he seats on the bench or not. It shouldn't happen.[/quote]

Debut Duo: Miazga, Nagbe Get First Caps for USA in World Cup Qualifier
https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/1 ... mnt-debuts

The request in my previous post stands.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Do you know that Brian Idowu has not played one single minute of club competitive football since the world cup? That’s almost 3 full months of ‘inactivity’.

Aina, Shehu and Ebuehi are all out injured. The only other fullback that could have been considered is Sincere Seth who is playing regularly for a medium club in Turkey, which is probably similar level to 2nd divison Germany.

Call me crazy, but the only person who could have possibly covered at right back and has the necessary big game experience, is Efe Ambrose. I guess seeing the quality if Seychelles, Rohr decided to take the risk with an eye to the future, rather than going for experience but no future.

There are real alternatives.

Stanley Amuzie has made 2 appearances for his club this season. He has played for the Olympic team.

Uwa Echiejile is a good option as a backup. He has experience playing for Nigeria.

Ikouwem Udo plays for Enyimba, left back. Recently helped Enyimba qualify for Quarterfinals of the CAF confederation cup. Played against Atletico Madrid in a friendly in Uyo. Part of the home based Eagles.

Chimas Akas has made 20 appearances for Kalmar FC. He has 18 caps for Nigeria.
Besides Akas and Udo......................Everybody else that you mentioned collectively has played 22 mins of football this season.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I woudl like to see Henry from the left, Kalu from the right. So much skill, talent, pace and dribbling with Ighalo or kelechi striking.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/09/06/ea ... azi-stars/

The Super Eagles of Nigeria trained for the second time ahead of their upcoming Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers tie against Seychelles on Saturday, Owngoalnigeria.com reports.

Coach Gernot Rohr had the full compliment of all of the players with him in camp for the session and it lasted close to two hours with several drills, formation and tactics ahead of the game on Saturday.

Chanchung Yatai of China striker Odion Ighalo proved his present goal scoring run in China is no fluke as he found the back of the net more times than any other forward, who took part in the session.

However, Henry Onyekuru was very lively and his pace and skills proved too much to handle for the defenders he was up against same as Samuel Kalu who looks certain to start on Saturday.

Ogenyi Onazi was full of energy and commitment and judging by how they were lined up, he could possibly start alongside Wilfred Ndidi in the midfield against Seychelles after losing his starting spot during the World Cup in Russia.

DONT MISS ==> BREAKING: OJO SNUBS KANO PILLARS FOR SUNSHINE STARS
As expected Leon Balogun was his cool, calm and assured self during the session, although the coaches are still searching for a perfect pair for the Brighton and Hove Albion defender in the heart of the defence of Nigeria.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

wale1974 wrote:
bushboy wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Stanley Amuzie has made 2 appearances for his club this season. He has played for the Olympic team.

Uwa Echiejile is a good option as a backup. He has experience playing for Nigeria.

Ikouwem Udo plays for Enyimba, left back. Recently helped Enyimba qualify for Quarterfinals of the CAF confederation cup. Played against Atletico Madrid in a friendly in Uyo. Part of the home based Eagles.

Interesting.

Stanley Amuzie did not make match day squad this weekend and its not the first time. The 2 times he appeared for Lugano, he was an 81min sub into the game and 77min sub into the game in another occasion. A player that has started games in German D2 would be a better fit than Amuzie at this point.

Uwa has not kicked a ball for in any competitive match since the end of last season when he played in Begian D2. Again, I would take a German D2 starter than a player that hasnt played competitive football since April in Belgian D2.

I woudl pick German D4 over any local league side.

Chimas Akas could be a good idea but the coach has decided with to go with Collins. They might prefer his quality to CHima.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

who is showing the match ?

Beinsports is not showing Nigeria match but the seem to be covering every other major African team on either their main channels or their internet channels.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:who is showing the match ?

Beinsports is not showing Nigeria match but the seem to be covering every other major African team on either their main channels or their internet channels.
Go watch CIV..............Wetin concern you with Naija game?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Interesting.

Stanley Amuzie did not make match day squad this weekend and its not the first time. The 2 times he appeared for Lugano, he was an 81min sub into the game and 77min sub into the game in another occasion. A player that has started games in German D2 would be a better fit than Amuzie at this point.

Uwa has not kicked a ball for in any competitive match since the end of last season when he played in Begian D2. Again, I would take a German D2 starter than a player that hasnt played competitive football since April in Belgian D2.

I woudl pick German D4 over any local league side.

Chimas Akas could be a good idea but the coach has decided with to go with Collins. They might prefer his quality to CHima.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: