Arsenal sign nine year old Nigerian wonderkid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Arsenal sign nine year old Nigerian wonderkid

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Arsenal sign year old Nigerian wonderkid Jayden Adetiba after he impressed during trials - See more at: https://goo.gl/3ccrXh

Nigerian youths keep doing wonderful things and making great strides internationally. How do we tap into their potential?

Meanwhile, make NFF no allow England snatch this boy as happened to Dele Alli and Tammy Abrahams!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal sign nine year old Nigerian wonderkid

Post by ohenhen1 »

Can't really tell if he is going to be good until he is 16 or 17.

I am more interested in the Arsenal young Naija goalkeeper. We have to recruit him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

every kid is a wonder kid until they turn 18 just like any baby is cute until the next baby comes
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:every kid is a wonder kid until they turn 18 just like any baby is cute until the next baby comes
In fact, all those 18 year old drug dealers, killers and rapists hanging on the street corners of the world's capitals were probably "cute babies".
Its one of life's many contradictions. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I remember wasting money to go watch Adu at Mile high stadium in Denver. I too was scammed by the hype. I said to myself never again. This guy is nothing special. Don't put too much pressure on him. He may actually end up being a medical doctor not a footballer.

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

His parents should not trust Arsenal keep the boy fresh by taking him to naija and doing extra.those guys are talent killers in those academies. Dont let them turn him to a Robot

Reading his story he will be fine
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal sign year old Nigerian wonderkid Jayden Adetiba after he impressed during trials - See more at: https://goo.gl/3ccrXh

Nigerian youths keep doing wonderful things and making great strides internationally. How do we tap into their potential?

Meanwhile, make NFF no allow England snatch this boy as happened to Dele Alli and Tammy Abrahams!
Ayo Akinfe...you are turning yourself into a joke here....

the boy is from Cape Town in south Africa......nowhere near Nigeria
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Arsenal sign year old Nigerian wonderkid Jayden Adetiba after he impressed during trials - See more at: https://goo.gl/3ccrXh

He is a Nigerian even if he was born in Cape Verde.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enyi wrote:

There we go! But in a serious sphere, where are his parents from? Being born in Capetown, South Africa; might not change anything as long as his parent(s) is/are Nigerian(s)
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

As long as he has Nigerian herritage. He is a Nigerian. Just have to apply for a passport. England and South Africa must not be allowed to claim him.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oga Ohenhen1, why are you changing the purported place of birth of the young man from "Capetown" to "Cape Verde?"
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odas wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enyi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oga Ohenhen1, why are you changing the purported place of birth of the young man from "Capetown" to "Cape Verde?"
It doesn't matter if he was born in Cape town or Cape Verde. Also my auto correct function on my tablet is not working properly.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Am guessing u were not there on his unveiling when he clearly said that he is a proud capetownian.... true and true.

Check the Arsenal website it will be there somewhere
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:His parents should not trust Arsenal keep the boy fresh by taking him to naija and doing extra.those guys are talent killers in those academies. Dont let them turn him to a Robot

I see your point but Arsenal are not the sort of club that kills talent. Indeed their track record suggest otherwise.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:As long as he has Nigerian herritage. He is a Nigerian. Just have to apply for a passport. England and South Africa must not be allowed to claim him.

Too early, bros. There are many guys who were wonder kids at that age and fizzled out even before 17 years old. Point is Nigeria should simply pay attention but absolutely no reason to go on overdrive.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:As long as he has Nigerian herritage. He is a Nigerian. Just have to apply for a passport. England and South Africa must not be allowed to claim him.

Too early, bros. There are many guys who were wonder kids at that age and fizzled out even before 17 years old. Point is Nigeria should simply pay attention but absolutely no reason to go on overdrive.
Enugu II, maybe you should give them some preliminary insights into the research project you are doing....the youth progression study. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:His parents should not trust Arsenal keep the boy fresh by taking him to naija and doing extra.those guys are talent killers in those academies. Dont let them turn him to a Robot

I see your point but Arsenal are not the sort of club that kills talent. Indeed their track record suggest otherwise.
Waffiman compare us to France, most black players are weeded out at academmy level even when they are promising for london clubs to be filled with eastern europeans we have a problem.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote:every kid is a wonder kid until they turn 18 just like any baby is cute until the next baby comes
:rotf: baby part too funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: baby part too funny
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffiman compare us to France, most black players are weeded out at academmy level even when they are promising for london clubs to be filled with eastern europeans we have a problem.
My bro, it is why I said you have a point. You know your beans on this issue and your observation is point on. We know the rubbish that goes on in these Academies, and it will be very interesting to watch Arsenal, post Wenger. You cannot compare us to France, the racial bias here is intrinsic, starting from the FA. They can't bear to see us get successful and rich. There is a quota system in the mindset of the English coaches and their fans, it is why I cannot stand them.

I saw this at Arsenal, when Liam Brady brought in ex Arsenal players from his time as a player as Coaches. The Africans parents had to make their grievances known to Wenger. Brady was quietly sidelined and all hus coaches fired. The worst were the supporters in the crowd who were even worse than the coaches. Even recently, Arsenal lost a very gifted young Black player to Barca, it now turns out that he and his family wrote to Wenger apologising for leaving with a long list of grievances including racism and bullying against the the Under 23 coach. The coach has been fired following investigations by the club.

What gets me about the Eastern European overload is, none of any repute have made the grade so far. Arsenal currently have one Polish kid that looks full of 1st team promise but he is always injured. In my 15 years of following Arsenal's academy, not one Eastern European has made the grade. Chelsea have invested far heavily on them with no return.

But the trend has got worse, their kids now seem to get far more opportunities but no return yet. Arsenal's academy has a good mix, unlike certain London clubs where you really have to ask what is going on.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

My bro, it is why I said you have a point. You know your beans on this issue and your observation is point on. We know the rubbish that goes on in these Academies, and it will be very interesting to watch Arsenal, post Wenger. You cannot compare us to France, the racial bias here is intrinsic, starting from the FA. They can't bear to see us get successful and rich. There is a quota system in the mindset of the English coaches and their fans, it is why I cannot stand them.

I saw this at Arsenal, when Liam Brady brought in ex Arsenal players from his time as a player as Coaches. The Africans parents had to make their grievances known to Wenger. Brady was quietly sidelined and all hus coaches fired. The worst were the supporters in the crowd who were even worse than the coaches. Even recently, Arsenal lost a very gifted young Black player to Barca, it now turns out that he and his family wrote to Wenger apologising for leaving with a long list of grievances including racism and bullying against the the Under 23 coach. The coach has been fired following investigations by the club.

What gets me about the Eastern European overload is, none of any repute have made the grade so far. Arsenal currently have one Polish kid that looks full of 1st team promise but he is always injured. In my 15 years of following Arsenal's academy, not one Eastern European has made the grade. Chelsea have invested far heavily on them with no return.

But the trend has got worse, their kids now seem to get far more opportunities but no return yet. Arsenal's academy has a good mix, unlike certain London clubs where you really have to ask what is going on.
i agree ..I think a lot of African kids are now wisening up to this rubbish, they now go abroad...especially if you have connection in Germany.
Anyway there is a naija boy coming out of Arsenal Xavier Amaechi apparently the quickest even more than the players in the first team. :rotf: :rotf:
Bennant speant 11 years in Tottenham was even givien a chance, his papa complained they have sold him to Gladbach inGermany. But we need more o
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

i agree ..I think a lot of African kids are now wisening up to this rubbish, they now go abroad...especially if you have connection in Germany.
Anyway there is a naija boy coming out of Arsenal Xavier Amaechi apparently the quickest even more than the players in the first team. :rotf: :rotf:
Bennant speant 11 years in Tottenham was even givien a chance, his papa complained they have sold him to Gladbach inGermany. But we need more o
Every time, I try to contain my excitement about Xavier Ameachi. Known about him since he was 12 when he was too good, they moved him to under 15s, then amazingly he was playing for the Under 18s at 12 years old. Atv17, he now plays for the Under 23 team, with talk of 1st team next season, if not this season.

We know he is the youngest player to train with the senior team on a regular basis. Yes, it is also true, he was mixing it with Theo and Bellerin in the speed test, now we hear only Auba is faster and it is a close one.

But Ameachi is not just about speed, the boy is one heck of a footballer for his age, with good size, strength, vision and good choices when it's time to make decision. He is very direct but his directness is used intelligently to maximum effect. By this I mean, he looks to get to the penalty box as quickly as possible where he knows he will most effective for the team.

I have seen so many young prospects and gotten carried away, so I desperately try to contain myself because he is young and with a long way to go. But if he continues progressing like he has in the last 5 years, the football world is his oyster.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The demands of the modern game tends to kill off any expression of individuality.

In my view, UK academy products are just about average.

There are so many things that black players have to contend with even when they finally get that coveted contract.

From the entitled white contemporaries, to the coaching system and sometimes too the over training.

If only black kids were allowed to be themselves within an academy system, many would have shone through on the basis of natural ability.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051