SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:3 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:1 First Half

Post by Its a Goal »

It was a good result but disappointing performance. The pitch is not the reason why we didn't score more but rather the lack of organization upfront. Simple passes didn't get completed to open their defense and there were errant shots off target. Against Libya we have to do better. How did we lose against South Africa in the first place at home???
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:3 FT

Post by txj »

3 points, 3 goals, none conceded. Next pls....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:3 2H

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
oloye wrote:I salute Una wey dey watch this dross called a match. If you play minnows ,you play them like minnows not the rubbish I am watching right now. Make Una enjoy,I have better things to do.
Egbon let us cut them some slacks. The pitch is horrible. Lest we forget how we used to struggle against the likes of Lesotho, Mozambique and Ethiopia.
Okay I don hear. I know the pitch is bad....the stuff I am complaining about goes beyond the pitch. Look at the nonsense freekick botch up between and Onazi and Etebo....that has nothing to do with the pitch but lack of professionalism and Balogun told him off

i agree 100%
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote:It was a good result but disappointing performance. The pitch is not the reason why we didn't score more but rather the lack of organization upfront. Simple passes didn't get completed to open their defense and there were errant shots off target. Against Libya we have to do better. How did we lose against South Africa in the first place at home???

Most certainly the pitch is part of it. But I agree, our movement in the final third lacked any cutting edge, and continued a pattern with Rohr of taking few chances with MF runners in the box.

But the pitch was most certainly a big part of it...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The pitch was 90% of the problem. Yes, it was THAT bad. Nice result for the lads.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Happy with three points. But again I’m left hoping that we qualify. We have a poor team of average players with zero tactical astuteness. I’m not even sure what we can do about it.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ogiso wrote:Happy with three points. But again I’m left hoping that we qualify. We have a poor team of average players with zero tactical astuteness. I’m not even sure what we can do about it.
Care to expand on your astute observation?

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

zee wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It is horrible watching these lads making hard work of a relatively easy match. Yes it is easy because Seychelles is no where close to our level on the pitch.
You must be talking about Cameroun and currently the bredas. :mrgreen:
To be fair though Comoris have one elite player which would likely start for any African team.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Granted, the poor condition of the pitch was detrimental to us playing good football, but...
Rohr insisting on playing Mrs. Ighalo also played a part here. He simply was mediocre up front.
Also, Onazi in the middle not being able to execute basic passes was highly disappointing.

The result could have been a lot better if Rohr had addressed those two decisions earlier on in the game.
txj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It was a good result but disappointing performance. The pitch is not the reason why we didn't score more but rather the lack of organization upfront. Simple passes didn't get completed to open their defense and there were errant shots off target. Against Libya we have to do better. How did we lose against South Africa in the first place at home???

Most certainly the pitch is part of it. But I agree, our movement in the final third lacked any cutting edge, and continued a pattern with Rohr of taking few chances with MF runners in the box.

osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bushboy wrote:The pitch was 90% of the problem. Yes, it was THAT bad. Nice result for the lads.

Anyone blaming the pitch in Africa is a very big fool. That is why you prepare on any condition.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Watching the game now
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:3 points, 3 goals, none conceded. Next pls....
Job done. This is not about anything else. Just get the 3 points.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Otitokoro wrote:Granted, the poor condition of the pitch was detrimental to us playing good football, but...
Rohr insisting on playing Mrs. Ighalo also played a part here. He simply was mediocre up front.
Also, Onazi in the middle not being able to execute basic passes was highly disappointing.

The result could have been a lot better if Rohr had addressed those two decisions earlier on in the game.
txj wrote:

We scored three goals, one, a PK by Ighalo. He moved well upfront, linked well with the wide players.

Could he have done more? Absolutely! But your criticism cannot be based on the game we just watched. We got three goals on the road without conceding any. Do you guys think this is cricket?

Save for a few minutes in 2HF, we largely controlled this game, sometimes too easily...largely b/c of Onazi and Ndidi.

I mean this is criticism by rote or jaundiced memory!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

osita wrote:
bushboy wrote:The pitch was 90% of the problem. Yes, it was THAT bad. Nice result for the lads.

Anyone blaming the pitch in Africa is a very big fool. That is why you prepare on any condition.

Anyone who cannot recognize the crucial impact of a poor pitch on performance is a retard!

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Samuel Kalu = MOTM and one to watch for the future.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

My criticism is based on a culmination of his mediocre body of work. 1st goal in like 30 yrs (being sarcastic) BUT his overall output as a striker is absolutely POOR! I believe Rohr could have played a more dynamic and quicker front line (perhaps Onyekuru, Musa and Kalu OR Musa, Simy and Kalu) and we definately would have gotten a better result (more goals). Why Rohr keeps on wanting to accomodate this useless striker is beyond me.

Ighalo needs to make way for more productive strikers in the works. They need to be prepared for the next competitions (Nations Cup, Olympics and World Cup). Can't continue to rely on a bloody useless chap whose only goals come thru penalties (see how he quickly rushed to grab the ball when Kalu was felled in the Seychellian box? What a loser!)
txj wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Granted, the poor condition of the pitch was detrimental to us playing good football, but...

txj wrote:

We scored three goals, one, a PK by Ighalo. He moved well upfront, linked well with the wide players.

Could he have done more? Absolutely! But your criticism cannot be based on the game we just watched. We got three goals on the road without conceding any. Do you guys think this is cricket?

Save for a few minutes in 2HF, we largely controlled this game, sometimes too easily...largely b/c of Onazi and Ndidi.

I mean this is criticism by rote or jaundiced memory!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Watched the first half. Seychelles is terrible. Decent performance. Can't really rate the team against such a poor team.. But overall an okay performance.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We need a striker. Ighalo has served his country well but time to step aside.

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

wiseone wrote:Samuel Kalu = MOTM and one to watch for the future.
I agree.

My problem is that anytime he touches the ball, he must do skills. To Control ball he would throw skii, to pass, he would throw skii, to chest sef na skii. I hope we dont have another JayJay on our hands. :atc:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

We played well overall. Could have been 5-0 if not for some unfortunate luck.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

marutimon wrote:
zee wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It is horrible watching these lads making hard work of a relatively easy match. Yes it is easy because Seychelles is no where close to our level on the pitch.
You must be talking about Cameroun and currently the bredas. :mrgreen:
To be fair though Comoris have one elite player which would likely start for any African team.
Why not go a step further and say that the Comoros player could walk into starting 11 of Real, Barca or Chelsea
Last edited by Ekorian on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

South Africa and Libya drop points. Good result for Nigeria. Just need 4 points in October to qualify. Get a draw or win in South Africa and beat Seychelles in Nigeria
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Seychelles goalkeeper is fat.