SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:3 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:3 FT

Post by Odas »

Hmm, I completely missed this game. Na wa-oo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The game is on YouTube.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote:The game is on YouTube.

Wellcome to the world of ohenhenhen, where events happen in real time....two days later!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The pitch largely contributed to the quality of our play, but our decision making and level of concentration has got to be better. Otherwise a job well done.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME 0:1 First Half

Post by txj »

Clearly you have some deep rooted issues with Ighalo. That is above my pay grade...
Goodluck with your asparagus...

Otitokoro wrote:My criticism is based on a culmination of his mediocre body of work. 1st goal in like 30 yrs (being sarcastic) BUT his overall output as a striker is absolutely POOR! I believe Rohr could have played a more dynamic and quicker front line (perhaps Onyekuru, Musa and Kalu OR Musa, Simy and Kalu) and we definately would have gotten a better result (more goals). Why Rohr keeps on wanting to accomodate this useless striker is beyond me.

Ighalo needs to make way for more productive strikers in the works. They need to be prepared for the next competitions (Nations Cup, Olympics and World Cup). Can't continue to rely on a bloody useless chap whose only goals come thru penalties (see how he quickly rushed to grab the ball when Kalu was felled in the Seychellian box? What a loser!)
txj wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Granted, the poor condition of the pitch was detrimental to us playing good football, but...
Rohr insisting on playing Mrs. Ighalo also played a part here. He simply was mediocre up front.
Also, Onazi in the middle not being able to execute basic passes was highly disappointing.

The result could have been a lot better if Rohr had addressed those two decisions earlier on in the game.
txj wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:It was a good result but disappointing performance. The pitch is not the reason why we didn't score more but rather the lack of organization upfront. Simple passes didn't get completed to open their defense and there were errant shots off target. Against Libya we have to do better. How did we lose against South Africa in the first place at home???

Most certainly the pitch is part of it. But I agree, our movement in the final third lacked any cutting edge, and continued a pattern with Rohr of taking few chances with MF runners in the box.

But the pitch was most certainly a big part of it...

We scored three goals, one, a PK by Ighalo. He moved well upfront, linked well with the wide players.

Could he have done more? Absolutely! But your criticism cannot be based on the game we just watched. We got three goals on the road without conceding any. Do you guys think this is cricket?

Save for a few minutes in 2HF, we largely controlled this game, sometimes too easily...largely b/c of Onazi and Ndidi.

I mean this is criticism by rote or jaundiced memory!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria is lucky that the opponent was Seychelles. Enyimbw would have beaten Seychelles. Can't play like this next month. Will like to see Nwankwo given 90 minutes against Liberia. Nigeria need a striker.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ighalo is not playing well. Bad movement, not sharp.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria is lucky that the opponent was Seychelles. Enyimbw would have beaten Seychelles. Can't play like this next month. Will like to see Nwankwo given 90 minutes against Liberia. Nigeria need a striker.
Dude you need to STFU sometimes, like damn!! You are always way off point.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:

Wellcome to the world of ohenhenhen, where events happen in real time....two days later!

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEYCHELLES VS NIGERIA GAME THREAD

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...and Musa scores, superb style too, but haters will keep hating the guy.
I honestly don't understand why some people don't want Musa in our team. At moment, he has justified why the coach keep inviting him to camp.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote:
I honestly don't know what bro Ohehhen1 is saying in this case.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good strike by Musa. The competition is Seychelles. Musa problem has been consistency.

Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Can someone who saw the game explain how we lined up please? Was it 3 at the back or 4 ?
If 3 who was the other wing-back apart from Idowu? Thanks!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Line up was as follows:

Uzoho - Awaziem (Ajayi), Omeruo, Balogun, Idowu - Onazi, Iheanacho (Etebo), Ndidi - Musa, Ighalo, Kalu (Onyekuru)
Paveman wrote:Can someone who saw the game explain how we lined up please? Was it 3 at the back or 4 ?
If 3 who was the other wing-back apart from Idowu? Thanks!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

3Pts, 3 Goals, 0 Injuries
Mission accomplished. Anything else is besides the point.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

charlie wrote:3Pts, 3 Goals, 0 Injuries
There was an injury to Awaziem...but yes good job though our game is so ugly to watch:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

maceo4 wrote:
There was an injury to Awaziem...but yes good job though our game is so ugly to watch:

[/video]

Wasnt aware of the Awaziem injury. Hope he is ok.

Just watching the 1st half now. We should have score 5 goals if the field was condusive to simple passes.

Its just the 1st game after the world cup anyway. Pretty sure we will improve. Just happy we got the result and kept another clean sheet.

At least we are not Ghana.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:3 points, 3 goals, none conceded. Next pls....
Job done. This is not about anything else. Just get the 3 points.
:agree: :agree:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

By the way, that Kenyan referee's head no dey house. Some of the fouls he gave were not evenly called for both sides.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

charlie wrote:By the way, that Kenyan referee's head no dey house. Some of the fouls he gave were not evenly called for both sides.
Let's applaud him for running effortlessly on the pitch for over 90 minutes. The guy could have chosen to be a marathoner. :taunt:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You did not watch the match Charlie :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The Seychelles goalkeeper is a pastry chef that works in a hotel restaurant. I kid you not.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

oloye wrote:
You did not watch the match Charlie :lol:
:D You are right, I only saw highlights when I commented.

Just finished re-watching the full match and saw the Awaziem injury. Looks like a sprained knee. Hope its not to serious.

Also, we never needed to hit anything more than 2nd gear in the 2nd half. It was essentially a training match. The referee was biased and was issuing yellows for nothing, whilst allowing the Sychelles players to get away with diving, shirt tugging and other anti-football plays. I get it, we were the bullies and Sychelle were the younger bros, so ref felt a need to protect them. But if he had called a fair game both ways, and if the field was conducive to good football, we would have scored more goals., especially in the first half.