My Starting line up for Libya

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
My Starting line up for Libya

Post by Adisboy »

Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Aina Ekong Balogun Collins
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: My Starting line up for Libya

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

I hope Nwankwo can emerge. Rohr should have called up Awoniyi for Liberia.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Uzoho
Balogun Ekong Omeruo
Aina Ndidi Mikel Onazi Amuzie
Iheanacho Simy
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Adisboy wrote:Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I believe that is would ensure a fast pace attack and fluid movement instead of the sluggishness we've been fed over the past 6 months. Libya surely won't survive this set up.
I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

Who would come off the bench to inject life into the attack if all the players in your suggested lineup started?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Except that we have no idea which players will be fit, injured, or turn down a call up. Hence line-ups are premature.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Flex Swift wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Uzoho
Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel
Kalu, Musa, Onyekuru

We need a target manager

Who would come off the bench to inject life into the attack if all the players in your suggested lineup started?
Iheanacho
S Moses
ETebo
Awoniyi
Success
Lokossa
Nwakili
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Isaac Success if fit, definitely has to be called up for the game.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:Hope fully if every one is fit this is how i would start against Libya at home in October if I were Rohr.

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I take it you have seen Collins play in the GWG to suggest he starts against Libya?
I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

I included him because he is the only natural left back available. I also feel the use of a centre forward to hold up play is overated. Liverpool don't have a hold up striker and they are difficult to shut out. I believe a front three of Kalu, Musa and Onyekuru can be our equivalent. With back up from Success, Simon and Kayode.
We play Liberia in a friendly this week and would be the perfect opportunity to test the front 3 attacker along with Collins and Ajayi. The coach needs to look at several options
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

We play Liberia in a friendly this week and would be the perfect opportunity to test the front 3 attacker along with Collins and Ajayi. The coach needs to look at several options
We have a front 3 already.

1, Musa get's a spot on the wings for sure . No question whasoever
2, Iwobi/Simon Moses will claim the other spot when healthy
3, One of Nacho/Ighalo/Simi gets the striker position.

Onyekuru and Samuel will have to do better than their competition to get a starting spot in the future. Unless and until that happens we're done with the era of watching youtube and picking players. We're nnot playing Musa as a striker just because somebody thinks he should be. In Rorh we trust. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wiseone wrote:Except that we have no idea which players will be fit, injured, or turn down a call up. Hence line-ups are premature.
... and hence the thread starter said "hopefully if everyone is fit."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

oscar52 wrote:Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.
The last time Mikel didn't play in a competitive game we lost 2 kondo to South Africa.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

We have a front 3 already.

1, Musa get's a spot on the wings for sure . No question whasoever
2, Iwobi/Simon Moses will claim the other spot when healthy
3, One of Nacho/Ighalo/Simi gets the striker position.

Onyekuru and Samuel will have to do better than their competition to get a starting spot in the future. Unless and until that happens we're done with the era of watching youtube and picking players. We're nnot playing Musa as a striker just because somebody thinks he should be. In Rorh we trust. :thumb:
There is nothing wrong in testing players during the friendly against Liberia. That would mean selecting player based on performance in GWG rather as you mentioned YouTube.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Whats the logic of still playing Mikel sef at this point in his career. Nigeria have so many budding DM and CM talent, what we need are strikers. The SE seems more balanced and pacy often when Mikel is not on the field.
The last time Mikel didn't play in a competitive game we lost 2 kondo to South Africa.

The game against Seychelles counts as a "competitive" game too :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

actually this is a pretty good lineup but I would prefer Idowu over Collins, unless Collins displays that he is so much better in training.

If the 3 forwards up top does not work then I will bring in Ighalo or Nwankwo

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

actually this is a pretty good lineup but I would prefer Idowu over Collins, unless Collins displays that he is so much better in training.

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote:

4-2-1-3

Uzoho
Ndidi Mikel
Iwobi
Kalu Musa Onyekuru

IMO Iheanacho has been crap for Nigeria in the past year, other than the Argentina friendly. But he has been useless for a while and he needs to sit on the bench. Guy couldn't even distinguish himself against Seychelles. He did nothing all game.[/quote]

maybe if you played him as a striker and removed the ineffective player in front of him......

this guy was doing well and the SE moving forward and playing good football until Ighalo returned to the fray and that's when SE gradually digressed
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........