Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by benteke »

Luke Shaw has conceded that Jose Mourinho was right to publicly criticise him, and says the Manchester United manager was key in his return to the England squad

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... rformances
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

tfco wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:Defense looks good - and makes you wonder...

With the right attitude the defense that was top 2 last season could be the very best without thinking of any Toby or Maguire :mrgreen: .
Lingard is a great asset with his mobility which complements Pogba's ball work and focus should be on always getting the ball to the opponent's goal area as they tend to panic against United but the team don't do it often - we need more of that. All that is needed is for the manager to focus on his work and tighten the loose ends instead of being so media-centric. You cannot change the media, they have their audience and that's where they earn their paycheck but you can choose how you handle them. Every unguarded statement is huge news and more money for the media :lol:
but Jose is not media-centric

It's just the way the media report things re United - BIAS

1. Leroy Sane's attitude
2. Fabinho not starting a game so far for Pool

where's the reporting?
You still don't get something so simple...
1. Who is Leroy Sane? Manchester United is not Manchester City.... Manchester United is the biggest club in the land, it was like that before Sir Alex, it was like that when Liverpool was winning all the league titles before the premiership and it is still like that till today. The media knows this and they know where their bread is buttered.
2. Who is Fabinho? You cannot teach the media their job but the media can teach you your job and that is why they are the media - if you don't get that then good luck teaching them their job :mrgreen:
3. Where's the reporting? The reporting is what you see everyday on the media - simple as ABC :D

The media won't shrink Manchester United's stature to suit Mourinho, it is Mourinho that will have to adapt & rise to Manchester United's level and find a way to handle the media if their reporting bothers him.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Just a snapshot of league titles to remind the clueless that we are still talking about Manchester United:

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Really weird to see that Sunderland are 6 time champs!

In other news who should become Man Utd's first ever director of football? Some media rumors claim Edwin Van Der Sar (who has been doing the job admirably at Ajax) is in the frame alongside some Spaniards and Italians. Man Utd are looking far and wide and interviewing deeply.

Personally I think they should appoint as ex player/directors of the club (like how Bayern appoint ex-greats like Hoeness, Rumminege, and Beckenbauer) whose blood runs through the clubs.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:man united better hope the top 4 slip up, back in th days, one could afford a bad start to the premiership, not anymore, some dont even recover
Its just 4 games to the season 34 more games to go.Nothing is won in 4 games and City already drop points to newly promoted team.Then you have Liverpool playing against spurs away doubt Liverpool will win that as spurs will want to bounce back after the poor Watford result.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Really weird to see that Sunderland are 6 time champs!

In other news who should become Man Utd's first ever director of football? Some media rumors claim Edwin Van Der Sar (who has been doing the job admirably at Ajax) is in the frame alongside some Spaniards and Italians. Man Utd are looking far and wide and interviewing deeply.

Personally I think they should appoint as ex player/directive of the club (like how Bayern appoint ex-greats like Hoeness, Rumminege, and Beckenbauer whose blood runs through the clubs).
If this turns out to be true i hope this is the one thing United gets right in a long time, it is long overdue in my opinion, ever since Ferguson retired.

From the people being looked to at, i think the most important thing is to get someone who knows his way around the football circles, all those scouting circles, agents etc
This is one of the reasons i think United has recently been overpaying for many players and also underselling it's players, i think Ed Woodward is a great commercial guy, but is a bit of an outsider in the football world.

As long the this idea takes off, then we may start to see United with a clear philosophy to transfers and playing style, and even a youth product that matches first team goals.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Pogba was asked about why he didn't move to Barcelona this summer: "I still have a contract, I'm playing there at the moment but who knows what will happen in the next few months."

Asked about his relationship with Mourinho, Pogba replied: "We have a pure coach-player relationship, that's right.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/45438983
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I am ambivalent about the Pogba being unhappy rumours. Even if he and JM do not get along, so what? Pogba is under contract and is too valuable to be sold. Or even if Man U decide to sell him, the price will be so high that they will be able to buy half a team with the transfer money.
benteke wrote:Pogba was asked about why he didn't move to Barcelona this summer: "I still have a contract, I'm playing there at the moment but who knows what will happen in the next few months."

Asked about his relationship with Mourinho, Pogba replied: "We have a pure coach-player relationship, that's right.

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

wiseone wrote:I am ambivalent about the Pogba being unhappy rumours. Even if he and JM do not get along, so what? Pogba is under contract and is too valuable to be sold. Or even if Man U decide to sell him, the price will be so high that they will be able to buy half a team with the transfer money.
benteke wrote:Pogba was asked about why he didn't move to Barcelona this summer: "I still have a contract, I'm playing there at the moment but who knows what will happen in the next few months."

KPOM!
They shouldn't even entertain any buying or selling until a director of football is appointed.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:I am ambivalent about the Pogba being unhappy rumours. Even if he and JM do not get along, so what? Pogba is under contract and is too valuable to be sold. Or even if Man U decide to sell him, the price will be so high that they will be able to buy half a team with the transfer money.
But i thought Pogba would be more mature by now and realise that he has actually been treated well by United fans, they defended him all the time when he was struggling, he has not done anything of note at United, he has not played 6 good games in a row in all his time at Manchester, and he doesn't seem to realise what an honour it is for him to be given that armband, i think the club will do well to quickly accept 100million for him and try to get two serious players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba was named the most marketable player, winning the world cup just added more to his value, not too sure if JM can get the best out of him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Pogba was named the most marketable player, winning the world cup just added more to his value, not too sure if JM can get the best out of him
How come he won the world cup playing in the same position with the same discipline and hard work that Mourinho expects from him at United.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:Pogba was named the most marketable player, winning the world cup just added more to his value, not too sure if JM can get the best out of him
How come he won the world cup playing in the same position with the same discipline and hard work that Mourinho expects from him at United.
Man U depend solely on him while France have other marque players. Man U bought players that are not helping the team. Not sure Man U was buying players with any strategy apart from denying their rivals the opportunity to buy the players. Sanchez is a good example.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

At France he plays in front of defenders called Umtiti and Varane, beside midfielders called Kante and Matuidi, and behind attackers named Griezmann, Mbappe, and Dembele. Benzema, Coman, Rabiot, Laporte, et al did not even make the squad. The players he plays with for France are much better players than his Man Utd teammates. Even the excluded players I named above would walk into Man Utd's first 11.
benteke wrote:
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
But i thought Pogba would be more mature by now and realise that he has actually been treated well by United fans, they defended him all the time when he was struggling, he has not done anything of note at United, he has not played 6 good games in a row in all his time at Manchester, and he doesn't seem to realise what an honour it is for him to be given that armband, i think the club will do well to quickly accept 100million for him and try to get two serious players.
All this not happy stuff is the work of the agents and their planted agents in the media. Guess how much the vermin's stand to make if Pogba is sold for another mega bucks. The rich will keep getting richer, it is these vermin's now creating the atmosphere that forces players to move in order for them to get their customary cut.
You guys will be surprised the manner of organisations these agents are fronting for.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
All this not happy stuff is the work of the agents and their planted agents in the media. Guess how much the vermin's stand to make if Pogba is sold for another mega bucks. The rich will keep getting richer, it is these vermin's now creating the atmosphere that forces players to move in order for them to get their customary cut.
You guys will be surprised the manner of organisations these agents are fronting for.
But coaches like JM are part of the problem. Fergie did not allow Pogba's agent to hold him to ransom. JM however seems to like players represented by that particular agent! :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:At France he plays in front of defenders called Umtiti and Varane, beside midfielders called Kante, and Matuidi, and behind attackers named Griezmann, Mbappe, and Dembele. Benzema, Coman, Rabiot, Laporte, et al did not even make the squad. The players he plays with for France are much better players than his Man Utd teammates. Even the excluded players I named above would walk into Man Utd's first 11.
Bingo :!:
So the problem at United is more of a playing personell issue, lack of world class quality, like the manager suggested, much to the angst of many a fan and pundit.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:

But also you can see where i am coming from.
I always cry about racism, and then there goes Mourinho and brings this black boy to Manchester United, for a record fee. And goes ahead to defend to black boys Pogba and Lukaku from criticism.
But this one called Pogba, i don't think he is repaying the favour, he is not doing me any justice when i argue for blacks :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:At France he plays in front of defenders called Umtiti and Varane, beside midfielders called Kante, and Matuidi, and behind attackers named Griezmann, Mbappe, and Dembele. Benzema, Coman, Rabiot, Laporte, et al did not even make the squad. The players he plays with for France are much better players than his Man Utd teammates. Even the excluded players I named above would walk into Man Utd's first 11.
So the problem at United is more of a playing personell issue, lack of world class quality, like the manager suggested, much to the angst of many a fan and pundit.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

it's easier to blame the manager

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd still have good players. France has brilliant players. The complaints against JM are mainly about the STYLE of play. When you have Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku, Mata, Pereira, and Herrera in your team, your primary method of attack should not be playing medieval football or hoofing it up to Fellaini's head. You also should not be sitting back at home against Leicester and hiding in defence like a frightened 5 yo hiding under a blanket.

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

it's easier to blame the manager

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
[/quote]
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Exactly with the talent we have, we should be defending against any team called Leicester! Especially playing at home, is this too much to ask for?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

WRONG

The main complaints are:
1. he throws players under the bus - when i ask for evidence, NOTHING
2. he complains too much
3. he does not praise his players
4. we're too defensive - football Einsteins don't realise that we had the 2nd best defence last term

Leicester game was not the norm though, why not use the Spurs game (at 0-0).
Oh right, it does not fit your narrative.

Will we play defensive against Watford? I hope so.

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

wiseone wrote:Man Utd still have good players. France has brilliant players. The complaints against JM are mainly about the STYLE of play. When you have Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku, Mata, Pereira, and Herrera in your team, your primary method of attack should not be playing medieval football or hoofing it up to Fellaini's head. You also should not be sitting back at home against Leicester and hiding in defence like a frightened 5 yo hiding under a blanket.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we defend at home and that has been the norm for now, we all have eyes and can see this! let them go out and frigging attack, even if we lose, i will be happy

Marko