Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Liberia (1) vs (2) Nigeria FT (Onyekuru, Nwankwo)

Post by naijaguy »

Match is today 7pm Naija time

18 SUPER EAGLES FOR LIBERIA
Ezenwa; Akpeyi.
Semi Ajayi; Awaziem; Adeleye Olamilekan; Jamilu Collins; Ebube Duru.
Ndidi; Etebo; Ogu; Nwakali; Joel Obi.
Iheanacho; Simeon Nwankwo; Onyekuru; Sunday Adetunji; Samuel Kalu; Mfon Udoh.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Liberia vs Nigeria

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will be home in time
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Is the match on tv?
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

naijaguy wrote:Match is today 7pm Naija time

Ezenwa; Akpeyi.
My thoughts on some of the invitees:

Semi Ajayi
A 25 year old who has never progressed beyond 2nd tier football isn’t the type of player we ought to be looking at :!:

Adeleye Olamilekan
His Facebook profile says he’s from Ghana :?: :?: :?:

Jamilu Collins
A 24 year old in the German 3rd division, relegated from the 2nd? Wrong direction :!:

Ebube Duru
Couldn’t find a credible profile on him. The only profile on him by Flashscore says he was born on 12/31/69, making him 48 years old. Hmmmn... :mrgreen:

Sunday Adetunji
Age 20. The selection committee got this one exactly right :!:

Mfon Udoh
Has had an arguably stellar, home-based career but he’s 26. We should be looking at younger players. Whatever happened to Junior Lokosa? This friendly would have been ideal for him :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

ohenhen1 wrote:I will be home in time
Do you see now why Jamilu Collins was invited?

Sometimes you just need to keep quiet and let the person who has the expertise (that you don't have) do their job.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Ezenwa; Akpeyi.

Semi Ajayi
A 25 year old who has never progressed beyond 2nd tier football isn’t the type of player we ought to be looking at :!:

Adeleye Olamilekan

Jamilu Collins
A 24 year old in the German 3rd division, relegated from the 2nd? Wrong direction :!:

Ebube Duru
Couldn’t find a credible profile on him. The only profile on him by Flashscore says he was born on 12/31/69, making him 48 years old. Hmmmn... :mrgreen:

Sunday Adetunji

Mfon Udoh
Has had an arguably stellar, home-based career but he’s 26. We should be looking at younger players. Whatever happened to Junior Lokosa? This friendly would have been ideal for him :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
The last time I checked Paderborn is in German 2nd division which is far stronger than some European top flight leagues
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Ezenwa; Akpeyi.

Semi Ajayi

Adeleye Olamilekan

Jamilu Collins

Ebube Duru

Sunday Adetunji

Mfon Udoh

Cheers.
Mfon is ready and experienced.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I will be home in time
Do you see now why Jamilu Collins was invited?

Sometimes you just need to keep quiet and let the person who has the expertise (that you don't have) do their job.

No i don't, but I hope he starts.

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Kid was on the books of Arsenal for many years.
Besides, the English Championship is no moi-moi league. I think he is more than good enough to fit into the backline of the SE.
Semi Ajayi
Must be a hoax. His big brother, Dele Adeleye, played for Nigeria (U20, Olympics and SE), so Lekan cannot be Ghanaian.
Adeleye Olamilekan
SC Paderborn is currently in 2 Bundesliga (one tier below the German Bundesliga). That League is on par with some of the main leagues in Europe, as well as the English Championship and the Spanish Secunda Liga.
Jamilu Collins
I believe Ebube was the left back who played for the SE "B" team against Athletico Madrid a few months back. I thought he put in a brilliant performance. He is the current LB for the Flying Eagles, after displacing Ikowem Udoh. He is 19 yrs, I believe.
Ebube Duru
I believe Junior Lokosa was a flash in the pan - I understand he failed his trials at middle level clubs in Bulgaria and Norway.
Mfon Udoh
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: I believe Junior Lokosa was a flash in the pan - I understand he failed his trials at middle level clubs in Bulgaria and Norway.
[/quote]

chaii this is the player some were suggesting should make it to Russia based on one friendly performance.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Otitokoro wrote:Kid was on the books of Arsenal for many years.
Besides, the English Championship is no moi-moi league. I think he is more than good enough to fit into the backline of the SE.
Semi Ajayi
Must be a hoax. His big brother, Dele Adeleye, played for Nigeria (U20, Olympics and SE), so Lekan cannot be Ghanaian.
Adeleye Olamilekan
SC Paderborn is currently in 2 Bundesliga (one tier below the German Bundesliga). That League is on par with some of the main leagues in Europe, as well as the English Championship and the Spanish Secunda Liga.
Jamilu Collins
I believe Ebube was the left back who played for the SE "B" team against Athletico Madrid a few months back. I thought he put in a brilliant performance. He is the current LB for the Flying Eagles, after displacing Ikowem Udoh. He is 19 yrs, I believe.
Ebube Duru
I believe Junior Lokosa was a flash in the pan - I understand he failed his trials at middle level clubs in Bulgaria and Norway.
Mfon Udoh
Otitokoro,
Are you sure Ebube has displaced Ikouwem in the Flying Eagles? Ikouwem captained the team in their last qualifiers and has started and played all the Flying Eagles matches as captain (unless they're matches that are not on record). Also, while Ebube played the first half, Ikouwem played the second half against Athletico. They were both hailed for their very good performances in the match.
Olamilekan Adeleye is not only Nigerian, he starred in central defense for the CHAN team and was due to be promoted to the A team alongside Stephen Eze, his then central defense partner
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Duru plays for Lobi Stars, left back. Played in the friendly against Athletico Madrid. There is a YouTube video online.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Besides, the English Championship is no moi-moi league. I think he is more than good enough to fit into the backline of the SE.The jury is out on him. Has the pedigree but was nothing special in the few minutes in Victoria. Hopefully, we get to see more of him in GWG.
Semi Ajayi
Must be a hoax. His big brother, Dele Adeleye, played for Nigeria (U20, Olympics and SE), so Lekan cannot be Ghanaian. He is certainly Nigerian and was one of our outstanding defenders at the WAFU Cup and only missed the CHAN because of injury.
Adeleye Olamilekan
Jamilu Collins
Ebube Duru
I believe Junior Lokosa was a flash in the pan - I understand he failed his trials at middle level clubs in Bulgaria and Norway. Otitokoro, Just a correction before people run with this. Looks failed his trial because he was tardy to the training sessions. If you get away with that in Nigeria you won't elsewhere. That is the bottomline. But he did not fail the trials based on his ability on the field. That needs to be clear.
Mfon Udoh
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Semi Ajayi
Adeleye Olamilekan
Jamilu Collins
Ebube Duru
Mfon Udoh
The problem right now with the local league is the quality....a player scores a couplet of goals and the hype goes overboard. He looked the part in the matches he played, but I still think they need to do more be fore jumping on the ship
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

EII,
Are you suggesting that he came late to training at 2 different trails?
I believe his tardiness was in addition to him not meeting the baseline requirements they expected in a striker.
Bottom line: he just wasn't good enough
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Ebube Duru
I believe Junior Lokosa was a flash in the pan - I understand he failed his trials at middle level clubs in Bulgaria and Norway. Otitokoro, Just a correction before people run with this. Looks failed his trial because he was tardy to the training sessions. If you get away with that in Nigeria you won't elsewhere. That is the bottomline. But he did not fail the trials based on his ability on the field. That needs to be clear.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Couldn't agree with you more.
That is why most of the overseas clubs prefer to recruit from Football Academies than our local leagues (and seriously, why would anyone blame them?)
I mean, our back to back league top scorers (Junior Lokosa and Anthony Okpotu) have been very poor exports of our league, as reflected in their failed respective trails overseas.
That, in itself, is a microcosm of the overall poor quality of the Nigerian National League.
oloye wrote: The problem right now with the local league is the quality....a player scores a couplet of goals and the hype goes overboard. He looked the part in the matches he played, but I still think they need to do more be fore jumping on the ship
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Please don't get 1Naija started.
Semi Ajayi
Adeleye Olamilekan
Jamilu Collins
Ebube Duru
Mfon Udoh
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ajayi in his short time against Seychelles showed good touch and crosses at the RB position though I thought he was a CB. We are talking as if one of our best players at the WC isn't playing in the 2nd division.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I'm still looking for online links for the match. No luck so far with the below.....

LIGHT TV ONLINE
http://www.lighttvonline.com/Light_TV.html

LNTV LIBERIA Live Live Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBFx-JE4J0
MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg

Post by MonroviaBoy »

I will post the links soon..they are facebook links not youtube
https://www.facebook.com/Kmtvlib/?ref=b ... FhL_J2weog
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

There's no live feed on the page.
MonroviaBoy
Egg
Egg

Post by MonroviaBoy »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

MonroviaBoy wrote:Radio

http://joyfmliberia.com/

I am not sure why anyone not living close to the stadium (except agents) would want to watch this game live talkless listen to it on the radio.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.