Arsenal sign nine year old Nigerian wonderkid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal sign nine year old Nigerian wonderkid

Post by Damunk »

Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:His parents should not trust Arsenal keep the boy fresh by taking him to naija and doing extra.those guys are talent killers in those academies. Dont let them turn him to a Robot

Reading his story he will be fine
I see your point but Arsenal are not the sort of club that kills talent. Indeed their track record suggest otherwise.
Waffiman compare us to France, most black players are weeded out at academmy level even when they are promising for london clubs to be filled with eastern europeans we have a problem.
My bro, it is why I said you have a point. You know your beans on this issue and your observation is point on. We know the rubbish that goes on in these Academies, and it will be very interesting to watch Arsenal, post Wenger. You cannot compare us to France, the racial bias here is intrinsic, starting from the FA. They can't bear to see us get successful and rich. There is a quota system in the mindset of the English coaches and their fans, it is why I cannot stand them.

I saw this at Arsenal, when Liam Brady brought in ex Arsenal players from his time as a player as Coaches. The Africans parents had to make their grievances known to Wenger. Brady was quietly sidelined and all hus coaches fired. The worst were the supporters in the crowd who were even worse than the coaches. Even recently, Arsenal lost a very gifted young Black player to Barca, it now turns out that he and his family wrote to Wenger apologising for leaving with a long list of grievances including racism and bullying against the the Under 23 coach. The coach has been fired following investigations by the club.

What gets me about the Eastern European overload is, none of any repute have made the grade so far. Arsenal currently have one Polish kid that looks full of 1st team promise but he is always injured. In my 15 years of following Arsenal's academy, not one Eastern European has made the grade. Chelsea have invested far heavily on them with no return.

But the trend has got worse, their kids now seem to get far more opportunities but no return yet. Arsenal's academy has a good mix, unlike certain London clubs where you really have to ask what is going on.
i agree ..I think a lot of African kids are now wisening up to this rubbish, they now go abroad...especially if you have connection in Germany.
Anyway there is a naija boy coming out of Arsenal Xavier Amaechi apparently the quickest even more than the players in the first team. :rotf: :rotf:
Bennant speant 11 years in Tottenham was even givien a chance, his papa complained they have sold him to Gladbach inGermany. But we need more o
Every time, I try to contain my excitement about Xavier Ameachi. Known about him since he was 12 when he was too good, they moved him to under 15s, then amazingly he was playing for the Under 18s at 12 years old. Atv17, he now plays for the Under 23 team, with talk of 1st team next season, if not this season.

We know he is the youngest player to train with the senior team on a regular basis. Yes, it is also true, he was mixing it with Theo and Bellerin in the speed test, now we hear only Auba is faster and it is a close one.

But Ameachi is not just about speed, the boy is one heck of a footballer for his age, with good size, strength, vision and good choices when it's time to make decision. He is very direct but his directness is used intelligently to maximum effect. By this I mean, he looks to get to the penalty box as quickly as possible where he knows he will most effective for the team.

I have seen so many young prospects and gotten carried away, so I desperately try to contain myself because he is young and with a long way to go. But if he continues progressing like he has in the last 5 years, the football world is his oyster.
Waffi, nice to hear about Amaechi.
But any time I hear about prospects like this I remember Chuks Aneke.
What really went wrong with that guy? He dominated the Arsenal youth team headlines for many years right from adolescence. Wenger was there to give all the support he needed. We were all really excited about the kid. Even Semi Ajayi that was nowhere near him has achieved a half decent career.
This final step-up from the youth ranks is not beans.

[/video]

He seems to be King at MK Dons at the moment (4th tier league!), but do you think he has peaked and basically found his level?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:His parents should not trust Arsenal keep the boy fresh by taking him to naija and doing extra.those guys are talent killers in those academies. Dont let them turn him to a Robot

Reading his story he will be fine
I see your point but Arsenal are not the sort of club that kills talent. Indeed their track record suggest otherwise.
Waffiman compare us to France, most black players are weeded out at academmy level even when they are promising for london clubs to be filled with eastern europeans we have a problem.
My bro, it is why I said you have a point. You know your beans on this issue and your observation is point on. We know the rubbish that goes on in these Academies, and it will be very interesting to watch Arsenal, post Wenger. You cannot compare us to France, the racial bias here is intrinsic, starting from the FA. They can't bear to see us get successful and rich. There is a quota system in the mindset of the English coaches and their fans, it is why I cannot stand them.

I saw this at Arsenal, when Liam Brady brought in ex Arsenal players from his time as a player as Coaches. The Africans parents had to make their grievances known to Wenger. Brady was quietly sidelined and all hus coaches fired. The worst were the supporters in the crowd who were even worse than the coaches. Even recently, Arsenal lost a very gifted young Black player to Barca, it now turns out that he and his family wrote to Wenger apologising for leaving with a long list of grievances including racism and bullying against the the Under 23 coach. The coach has been fired following investigations by the club.

What gets me about the Eastern European overload is, none of any repute have made the grade so far. Arsenal currently have one Polish kid that looks full of 1st team promise but he is always injured. In my 15 years of following Arsenal's academy, not one Eastern European has made the grade. Chelsea have invested far heavily on them with no return.

But the trend has got worse, their kids now seem to get far more opportunities but no return yet. Arsenal's academy has a good mix, unlike certain London clubs where you really have to ask what is going on.
i agree ..I think a lot of African kids are now wisening up to this rubbish, they now go abroad...especially if you have connection in Germany.
Anyway there is a naija boy coming out of Arsenal Xavier Amaechi apparently the quickest even more than the players in the first team. :rotf: :rotf:
Bennant speant 11 years in Tottenham was even givien a chance, his papa complained they have sold him to Gladbach inGermany. But we need more o
Every time, I try to contain my excitement about Xavier Ameachi. Known about him since he was 12 when he was too good, they moved him to under 15s, then amazingly he was playing for the Under 18s at 12 years old. Atv17, he now plays for the Under 23 team, with talk of 1st team next season, if not this season.

We know he is the youngest player to train with the senior team on a regular basis. Yes, it is also true, he was mixing it with Theo and Bellerin in the speed test, now we hear only Auba is faster and it is a close one.

But Ameachi is not just about speed, the boy is one heck of a footballer for his age, with good size, strength, vision and good choices when it's time to make decision. He is very direct but his directness is used intelligently to maximum effect. By this I mean, he looks to get to the penalty box as quickly as possible where he knows he will most effective for the team.

I have seen so many young prospects and gotten carried away, so I desperately try to contain myself because he is young and with a long way to go. But if he continues progressing like he has in the last 5 years, the football world is his oyster.
What really went wrong with that guy? He dominated the Arsenal youth team headlines for many years right from adolescence. Wenger was there to give all the support he needed. We were all really excited about the kid. Even Semi Ajayi that was nowhere near him has achieved a half decent career.

[/video]

He seems to be King at MK Dons at the moment (4th tier league!), but do you think he has peaked and basically found his level?
Kid just did not make that huge step from youth ranks to pro ranks at the highest level. Till now, I don't understand why. But he has gone to Europe and other clubs, he just has not been able to make that step up.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

[/video]

Kid just did not make that huge step from youth ranks to pro ranks at the highest level. Till now, I don't understand why. But he has gone to Europe and other clubs, he just has not been able to make that step up.
He was clearly overaged!

/s
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Every time, I try to contain my excitement about Xavier Ameachi. Known about him since he was 12 when he was too good, they moved him to under 15s, then amazingly he was playing for the Under 18s at 12 years old. Atv17, he now plays for the Under 23 team, with talk of 1st team next season, if not this season.

[/video]

He was clearly overaged!

/s
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You no well....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Damunk wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Waffiman wrote: Every time, I try to contain my excitement about Xavier Ameachi. Known about him since he was 12 when he was too good, they moved him to under 15s, then amazingly he was playing for the Under 18s at 12 years old. Atv17, he now plays for the Under 23 team, with talk of 1st team next season, if not this season.

[/video]

He was clearly overaged!

/s
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You no well....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.