STATE YOUR NAME AND WHAT LEVEL OF SOCCER YOU PLAYED!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: STATE YOUR NAME AND WHAT LEVEL OF SOCCER YOU PLAYED!

Post by Goldleaf »

paj wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Played in the East London League.
Position: Striker (Prolific finisher)
Record: Scored 98 goals in 103 matches (average of 27 goals per season) winning league/Cup double and other cups along the way.
..bros...we dey ask for d real ting and not Playstashon.. :evil:
:lol: :lol:

Na the real thing o.
Played also in the London North/North East Police League.
I will have to dig out my stats but I scored quite a few goals too.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:Nickname-Toros cos I love nutmegging people
Position- Striker
played Secondary school footie for Birch Freeman High school, Eko Boys High school and Nigerian Model High school. Scored a winning goal against Igbobi College in a principal cup. By the way, two of the schools na jeun jeun/I beg notice me footie.
Was in camp for Lagos state academicals and dropped on the last day as I couldn't come up with the dropology demanded.
Played footie here and there but man don old. Na so so cramp every few minutes like a woman on a period.
Now volunteer for u10 youngsters in Ontario and u13 Massena Youth soccer.
Wow so you are one of the machinery EBHS used back then – explains why we never won principal cup- :biggrin:

Birch Freeman High school and EBHS Are the man untied and man city of Mushin
Don't want this to be an age referendum so I won't give too much away. I played under coachito( he loves lanko aka big stout) alongside Ewa( the defender) and Francis Ilayan( another prolific scorer)
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

oloye wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Position- Striker
played Secondary school footie for Birch Freeman High school, Eko Boys High school and Nigerian Model High school. Scored a winning goal against Igbobi College in a principal cup. By the way, two of the schools na jeun jeun/I beg notice me footie.
Was in camp for Lagos state academicals and dropped on the last day as I couldn't come up with the dropology demanded.
Played footie here and there but man don old. Na so so cramp every few minutes like a woman on a period.
Wow so you are one of the machinery EBHS used back then – explains why we never won principal cup- :biggrin:

Ekorian na seasoned jeun jeun aka mercenary player :lol:
Egbon, I did everything to break into limelight but fate had other plans. I couldn't believe some of the incentives we played for then. The appetite to play in Trebor cup, principal cup and academicals were just too tempting but talent without money and or Godfather wouldn't take you far in those days....
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ekorian wrote:
oloye wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Position- Striker

Egbon, I did everything to break into limelight but fate had other plans. I couldn't believe some of the incentives we played for then. The appetite to play in Trebor cup, principal cup and academicals were just too tempting but talent without money and or Godfather wouldn't take you far in those days....
Eniyan mi, I feel you, that is why I always count myself lucky to make it as far as I did. When I look back to see how many we started the journey together. The funny thing was that I did not have a particularly good secondary or should I say junior football experience. I was privileged to attend Methodist High School Ibadan, a soccer powerhouse back in the day. I was there for two years, my forms 1 and 2 before my folks left Ibadan for Ilorin. I was the mascot for the team, that afforded me the opportunity to train with the school team, for my age and size at the time it was a big thing. I was tiny back then in the days when guys were big . We had a games master Awoseyi who helped me and the team to grasp the basic aspect of football. Method for me was like attending a football academy, and I learnt all the basic stuff.

I never played for the team, just a bloody mascot. In Ilorin I attended a school that was nothing,I mean nothing when it comes to football and indeed sports, in fact it was like the devil himself wanted to derail my football destiny by bringing me to this school. Coming from a school with strong football tradition to one with nothing was a cultural shock for me I picked serious club football activities when I was in the Uni, when the coach seconded from the Sports council to prepare us for NUGA took myself and 2 others to join a local team in Ilorin.

From then on I was in the hands of grace.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

^Experience like this and some others things you've shared with us is why a lot of forumers are pleading with you to write a book....
By the way, can you please share what and if you know anything about the following folks:
DAVID AND ALBERT ADI
JEN CUT( LET ME CUT)
LANKY FRIDAY THAT ONCE CAPTAINED 1ST BANK AND BROS TAIWO OLOYEDE.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ekorian wrote:
oloye wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Position- Striker

Talking about jeun jeun football...I played for Olivet Baptist High School Oyo while I was doing my A levels...there I first dabbled into the life of getting paid. There was this club in Ogbono league I think Scorpion it was called , they would come for myself and 3 of my friends who feature for the school team. The payment was ..wait for it. We would be fed big bowls of pounded yam and all manner of meat some hours before the match....I was surprised when they even asked if we would love to have some beer to push it down. At 4.30 we would head to the pitch, play , the match . At the end of the match we would be paid about 5 naira....now that was big money back then and for guys in High school. They would buy provisions such milk, sugar,boiled eggs and bread for us and put us on a bus back to school. Meen we lived like Kings back in school, at one point all the other folks on the school team who did not have a club were begging to go with us :lol:

Men the innocence and the joy of amateur and school football.

What I never did was the jeun jeun trade of going around playing for different schools,refusing to graduate just to play school football, the reward for those doing this back then was the amount of girls they got to sleep with, especially if such was a mixed school.

In the case where they were purely boys schools, the popularity and the legendary status acquired guaranteed these super stars a bevy of girls in any school functions that brings them in contact with girls from other schools.

Unfortunately most of these folks were spent by the time they were kicked out of the school system and had nothing left to move on to club football.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

We would be fed big bowls of pounded yam and all manner of meat some hours before the match....I was surprised when they even asked if we would love to have some beer to push it down. At 4.30 we would head to the pitch, play , the match
:lol: :lol: :lol:
the reward for those doing this back then was the amount of girls they got to sleep with, especially if such was a mixed school.

In the case where they were purely boys schools, the popularity and the legendary status acquired guaranteed these super stars a bevy of girls in any school functions that brings them in contact with girls from other schools.
OMG, YOU NAILED IT. :shock: :shock:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

walesvilla wrote:
Position- Striker

Birch Freeman High school and EBHS Are the man untied and man city of Mushin[/quote]
Both within walking distance but EBHS is in Mushin while BIRCH FREEMAN is in Surulere.