AFCON U17 - Nigeria wins the Group

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
AFCON U17 - Nigeria wins the Group

Post by Otitokoro »

Nigeria actually won the group after CIV flogged Burkina Faso 3-0 this afternoon.
We play Niger next, who came in second in the other group.

Semi Final Groupings are as follows:
SF1. Ghana vs Cote D'Ivoire
SF2. Nigeria vs Niger
lacidi
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON U17 - Nigeria wins the Group

Post by lacidi »

I dont know why the streaming site is showing 1-1
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Yes, that was initially confusing.
But the right score was (0-3).
lacidi wrote:I dont know why the streaming site is showing 1-1
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Cote d'Ivoire qualify as second, while Burkina Faso miss out after beating Nigeria in the first game.

SEMIS:
Ghana - Cote d'Ivoire
Nigeria - Niger

Expected final:
Ghana - Nigeria
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

who was it that was laughing at our boys' small sizes? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

They topped their group.....? Must be age cheats!!, thought that they were within the age limit when they lost to B.Faso but topping the group......am back thinking that they must be age cheats......

For them not to be cheats....they must lose to Niger, that’s when I will believe that they are not cunning MRI Scans :roll:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Enyi wrote:They topped their group.....? Must be age cheats!!, thought that they were within the age limit when they lost to B.Faso but topping the group......am back thinking that they must be age cheats......

For them not to be cheats....they must lose to Niger, that’s when I will believe that they are not cunning MRI Scans :roll:
:lol: :lol: you garrit! :clap: :clap:
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enyi wrote:They topped their group.....? Must be age cheats!!, thought that they were within the age limit when they lost to B.Faso but topping the group......am back thinking that they must be age cheats......

Bros, don't mind the people who always see/have something "BAD" to say about our players/teams.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

:agree: :clap:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We look at historical data. Nigeria has cheated in the past at this level. 25 out 40 passed the recent MRI test. The MRI is not accurate. Some underage players don't pass it. Some overage players can pass the test.

But 15 out of 40 failing it proves to me that Nigeria is still trying to cheat.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:We look at historical data. Nigeria has cheated in the past at this level. 25 out 40 passed the recent MRI test. The MRI is not accurate. Some underage players don't pass it. Some overage players can pass the test.

ol boi drop your hungry crusade. No one cares if you are arch angel Michael.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:We look at historical data. Nigeria has cheated in the past at this level. 25 out 40 passed the recent MRI test. The MRI is not accurate. Some underage players don't pass it. Some overage players can pass the test.

Ohenhen1, historically there were a few bad eggs in the pool, that is completely right. FIFA then introduced a skewed test to eliminate age cheats, still ppl here doubt the ages of the boys

The MRI test will eliminate 100% of age cheats in sub-saharan Africa but also will eliminate a huge chuck of genuine under-17 players in sub-saharan Africa. this test is used today because African don't know their rights and poor leadership in CAF

Go and read these.....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... age-fraud/

now this is the study that FIFA used to justify this........even in that study, the only paper involving sub-saharan Africans, this case malawi, showed that the test does not correlate, still FIFA implemented it.......and noone from CAF vetted it or questioned it,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2465138/

REMEMBER.....i am not saying that they werent age cheats in the past.....i am just saying that if a Nigerian boy passes an MRI scan....he should never be questioned again.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Enyi wrote:

Ohenhen1, historically there were a few bad eggs in the pool, that is completely right. FIFA then introduced a skewed test to eliminate age cheats, still ppl here doubt the ages of the boys

The MRI test will eliminate 100% of age cheats in sub-saharan Africa but also will eliminate a huge chuck of genuine under-17 players in sub-saharan Africa. this test is used today because African don't know their rights and poor leadership in CAF

Go and read these.....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... age-fraud/

now this is the study that FIFA used to justify this........even in that study, the only paper involving sub-saharan Africans, this case malawi, showed that the test does not correlate, still FIFA implemented it.......and noone from CAF vetted it or questioned it,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2465138/

REMEMBER.....i am not saying that they werent age cheats in the past.....i am just saying that if a Nigerian boy passes an MRI scan....he should never be questioned again.
No point over-flogging issues. The major concern over MRI as raised by researchers is its potential to disqualify a genuine U-17 lad. As for an over age player passing the standardised test which CAF/FIFA uses, it is almost impossible or extremely difficult because the test simply gives an information an how to determine a person who is still growing through the examination of the growth plate in the wrist. A fusion shows the person is no longer growing in bone. According to https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320676.php "Most boys will stop growing taller by age 16 and will usually have developed fully by 18." As for girls theirs is around 16, that is why FIFA dont use MRI for girls. The MRI test tells you the person is still growing or not. FIFA medical expert says complete fusion occurs at 18.3 years and the grading of 1 to 5 is for 16-17 years old, though there are very few instance of 16 years old with complete fusion, which is why the MRI is unfair, but the conclusion is that since the advent of CAF MRI the U-17 competition has been battled by strictly teenagers, age cheating has been drastically reduced, this is evidenced even from the looks of all the players of the several national teams taking part in the U-17 competition in Niger. God bless you.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

So what happens to player who is born in UK or Germany where the birth certificate 's authentic and fails the MRI test?
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Purity wrote:So what happens to player who is born in UK or Germany where the birth certificate 's authentic and fails the MRI test?
they are accepted on appeal....

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Purity wrote:So what happens to player who is born in UK or Germany where the birth certificate 's authentic and fails the MRI test?
There's a case of twin brothers, one of whom 'failed' the MRI test.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

15 out of 40 failed the test for Nigeria. What is the margin of error for the test?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:15 out of 40 failed the test for Nigeria. What is the margin of error for the test?

Higher than your IQ.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:15 out of 40 failed the test for Nigeria. What is the margin of error for the test?
its really ignorant to become this emotionally invested in this subject because if you really want to get down to it age cheat starts even on a more in depth molecular and cellular level and continues through prenatal phase of pregnancy and after birth child development, nurturanc and socialization phases of life cycles. My point to you is that people have always applied variances of head start all designed to give a child an advantage over others. No two children ever start life on equal footing. so because 2 children emerged from the womb on same calendar date does not really imply they have had equal justice in life and therefore somehow should now now be measured and critiqued on how they are performing in life with date they exited the womb being the sole all encompassing life equalizer. someone somewhere was already disadvantaged and cheated before the get go and thats even before onward associated environmental deprivation which yet adds even more blatant level of cheats to the child's life. and you wanna talk about age cheat,. niga please,
Last edited by jette1 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Historically, dinosaurs roamed the earth, and the sun did not set on the British empire.
Now what's up is 'the guy trying to ride on a high horse'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Damunk wrote:
There's a case of twin brothers, one of whom 'failed' the MRI test.
their parents lied to them......

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:

ol boi drop your hungry crusade. No one cares if you are arch angel Michael.
I have no proof, but based on the position Ohenhen1 has taken, I believe he will NOT hesitate to reduce the amount of public money in his care if given the chance
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.