The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... njury.html

Santi is not Happy with Arsenal’s doctors and I don’t blame the guy ... even though a lot of people dropped the ball
When it rains, it pours. I told you all that once Wenger leaves people will start singing and it won't be pretty.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ssion=true

Even though I've said the same thing for years, and while I agree with his analysis I would have preferred he kept it under wraps out of respect for Wenger rather than tarnish his legacy. After all the guy gave him his break when most other coaches wouldn't have. It's one thing for through likes of us to criticize him, but this just rubs me the wrong way.

Well he's opened the cab of worms, he has no choice but to step up his game now. No excuses.
I wouldn't take this seriously. Bellerin isn't particularly known for tactful speech.
I wish we take our time to look things like this up before we get gun-ho because we have an agenda.

Apart from the fact that what Bellerin actually said is available all over social media and he did not say what is written in The Sun.

There is the fact that Common sense alone, should inform anyone that Bellerin, who is a highly educated, sophisticated, cerebral and a well brought up person, would see it as sacrilegious to ever speak ill of a man who gave him his opportunity. This was a player who turned down Guardiola's treble your wages offer because he felt he owed Wenger. If you know Bellerin like I have since he was in the youth team, you know he is not riff raff.

There is also the fact that Bellerin has had issues with the Sun and others papers like it. He recently called them out on social media for lies.

I have read Bellerin's Times interview, he was very respectful and measured when he talked about the differences in approach of both Managers. A key difference, he observed was Wenger's focus more on Arsenal's strengths believing it was enough to beat any opposition, while Emery focuses a lot more on the opposition in his preparation for every game. This is an old debate in football, read books, Coaches and players have their views on this, ultimately it is about winning. Both Coaches are winners, albeit with this key difference in approach.

Not once did Bellerin say a thing to criticise Wenger or show disrespect. Instead Bellerin's words have been twisted and turned around into lies. As you can imagine some have delighted in the bastardised version of Bellerin's words, and drawn conclusions without checking out the source. As they say, each to their own. We chose to be what we are.

Here is Bellerin's interview for those interested in being properly informed.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0002 ... ee9be48bc6

Here is Bellerin's response to supportive fans.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just want to say a big thank you for the support shown after yesterday's article. It's important to raise the issues in football, society and make people aware of what we go through. Much love ❤️</p>&mdash; Héctor Bellerín (@HectorBellerin) <a href="https://twitter.com/HectorBellerin/stat ... >September 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank You Abeg. Total hatchet job and disgraceful editorializing .... They are looking to slant a story for gullible muppets like Sisi Yemisi :taunt:
"Take our time to look thinks like this up?" Pfft.
Some of us have lives outside of Arsenal. You think I go around keeping track of all things Arsenal and which tabloids have beef or agendas with which players? Negroes please.

I responded to the story as I saw it. End of. If he never gave the interview and they made it up that's a them problem. You both continue to stalk everything Arsenal i gat better things to do with my life. Matters of useless information. Why don't you both put all that knowledge to great use and write yourselves a book about it? Mschew!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Could Santi sue Arsenal doctors for malpractice? What would Abou Diaby do to these people?
So many careers have been ruined at Arsenal because of these incompetent.
I remember the game we played at United and go trashed 8:2. I believe half the team was on the injury list ...
Let them sue the club what nonsense is this.Arsenal has money and should pay for all this sad ending.
I know some fans will defend the club or boo the guys but lets be honest here the club medical staff were badly run and if you cant get medical diagnose in details then you should not be in that job.Arsenal should pay Santi 30 million cash.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Ex-Arsenal captain Per Mertesacker says he felt "relieved" when he was not selected in his final year as a player because he was "struggling mentally".
Mertesacker, part of Germany's 2014 World Cup-winning squad, retired at the end of the 2017-18 season.

The 33-year-old told the Victoria Derbyshire show he felt "great" ending his 15-year professional career.

"Especially in my last year, I felt something and felt the pressure and it was very awkward sometimes," he said.

"I was happy about not necessarily playing, just training was enough for me."

The former centre-half was speaking about his mental health at the launch of a project to help traumatised child refugees at a camp in Jordan through football.

Arsenal are building pitches and have teamed up with Save the Children to develop a football programme to help their physical and mental health.

In March, Mertesacker told German publication Der Spiegel that instead of thriving on the glamour of his profession, the stress of performing induced nausea and diarrhoea
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... fergewinne

This Borussia Dirtmund na criminal team. See as dem play transfer market like house flippers :scared:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statist ... fergewinne

This Borussia Dirtmund na criminal team. See as dem play transfer market like house flippers :scared:
:rotf: :rotf: Uncle this guys do such business and compete.Imagine we had sign Kante,The Dutch defender that play now for Liverpool,Suarez,the Belgium CD at spurs when you suggest we go for them.Truth be told we for done hammer and win big trophies along the way.Now Zaha is there and no one is even pricing him,soon another big club go splash money we go act like we did not know he was available for cheap.Aaaaaaagh this club can be frustrating with their end business
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 33176.html

Waffi do you know anything about this kid ?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 33176.html

Yep. We have a really exciting crop of young players. But he has his hands full trying dislodge Osei Tutu, who IMHO, is a better RB. But Osei Tutu is also good at LB.

Arsenal are now being raided and I am really concerned, Vontae is a Hale End graduate and I hope he stays fit and we keep him.

Another one to watch for is Bukayo Saka and of course Ameachi.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 33176.html

Yep. We have a really exciting crop of young players. But he has his hands full trying dislodge Osei Tutu, who IMHO, is a better RB. But Osei Tutu is also good at LB.

Arsenal are now being raided and I am really concerned, Vontae is a Hale End graduate and I hope he stays fit and we keep him.

Another one to watch for is Bukayo Saka and of course Ameachi.
Hope they don’t end up like the others wey you hype :woot: :taunt: :taunt:

On another note I heard Danny Rose gave Lichensteiny quite a working over from the online Crowd. Looks like it put a chill in the #HBOUT crowd :mrgreen:

MLK.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Leichsteiner played very well against England and captained his side. That dude can play in the EPL definitely.

Switzerland have a good team, and played fluid soccer, facilitated by the likes of Xhaka, Schaar, and Shakiri. Xhaka was very impressive.
Last edited by Cally on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Cally wrote:Leichsteiner played very well against England and captained his side. That dude can play in the EPL definitely.

Switzerland have a good team, and passed fluid soccer, facilitated by the likes of Xhaka, Schaar, and Shakiri. Xhaka was very impressive.
Tell that to Aniku-okporoko!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Nkume wrote:
Cally wrote:Leichsteiner played very well against England and captained his side. That dude can play in the EPL definitely.

Switzerland have a good team, and passed fluid soccer, facilitated by the likes of Xhaka, Schaar, and Shakiri. Xhaka was very impressive.
Him no go believe.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

But seriously though is there no one here who has Plat's number and can give him a call to see if all is well with him?
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote:But seriously though is there no one here who has Plat's number and can give him a call to see if all is well with him?
That should have been Aniku but he fights with everyone that disagree with him at will :tic: :taunt:
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ojafranpa wrote:
azuka wrote:But seriously though is there no one here who has Plat's number and can give him a call to see if all is well with him?
That should have been Aniku but he fights with everyone that disagree with him at will :tic: :taunt:
Even when you agree with him, him go still fight you. :taunt:
I tire.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Him no go believe.

But you believe even though you didn’t watch the game :woot:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:

You didn’t watch the game yet you’re flapping your fat gums ... you can’t make this kinda madness up :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
Am I Waffiman ?

Abeg mind ya self ohh :mrgreen:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Uncle Aniks what is your take on this guy?
Everton forward Richarlison scored twice on his first start for Brazil as they beat El Salvador 5-0 at FedExField in Maryland..
This guy a danger like Zaha ooooh
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Uncle Aniks what is your take on this guy?
Everton forward Richarlison scored twice on his first start for Brazil as they beat El Salvador 5-0 at FedExField in Maryland..
This guy a danger like Zaha ooooh

The guy started hot last season for Watford. Let’s see if he is a front runner or has staying power. Definitely a talent though but to succeed at the highest level it takes more than talent and flashes. You need consistency and the ability to overcome very good opponents and their coaches who will spend time highlighting your weaknesses and decide schemes to neutralize you .

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Is Gazidis really gonna leave Arsenal for Milan? This story reallynwont go away, along with the kicker that he will be taking Ramsey with him on a free :laugh: :laugh:

Abeg make e carry Ozil and Xhaka with am for free as well :taunt:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I still miss the Big OG!

Honours
Club
Montpellier
Ligue 1: 2011–12[202]
Arsenal [202]
FA Cup: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17
FA Community Shield: 2014, 2015, 2017
Chelsea
FA Cup: 2017–18[203]
International
France
FIFA World Cup: 2018[204]
Individual
Ligue 1 top scorer: 2011–12[205]
UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2011–12[206]
Premier League Player of the Month: March 2015[207]
UNFP Ligue 2 Player of the Year: 2009–10
Ligue 2 top scorer: 2009–10[208]
UNFP Ligue 2 Team of the Year: 2009–10
Ligue 2 UNFP Player of the Month: September 2009, November 2009[209]
UEFA European Championship Bronze Boot: 2016[174]
FIFA Puskás Award: 2017[148]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Emery best NOT bench Laca on Saturday.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

We are back in EPL this weekend ooooh chai I don dey fear small small Newcastle is no joke oooh