Uzoho in goal for Elche vs Granada game- Copa dey Roy

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Uzoho in goal for Elche vs Granada game- Copa dey Roy

Post by chuks69 »

I saw Uzoho, he did really well in the first half.. The way Elche plays, requires their GK to always use his legs, pass out the ball from the back, long and short..
One thing for sure, Uzoho's footwork is way ahead of his fellow competitors in the Eagles..
Elche won the game 2-1, which is good news for his team.. But the late goal conceeded by Elche is sad.
afc##
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho in goal for Elche vs Granada game- Copa dey Roy

Post by marutimon »

Highlights:

[/video]

Uzoho made two phenomenal saves. His quick thinking and reaction saved the team in the final minutes. It was a one on one, that Uzoho saved point blank and then kicked away the ball in a brilliant fast thinking play to prevent a rebound goal. Exceptional goalkeeping that would make Courtois or Allison highlights reels.

The goal that was scored could have be saved, but overall I think he will get very high grades for the game.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

marutimon wrote:Highlights:

[/video]

Uzoho made two phenomenal saves. His quick thinking and reaction saved the team in the final minutes. It was a one on one, that Uzoho saved point blank and then kicked away the ball in a brilliant fast thinking play to prevent a rebound goal. Exceptional goalkeeping that would make Courtois or Allison highlights reels.

The goal that was scored could have be saved, but overall I think he will get very high grades for the game.
Just saw the highlights. I disagree that the goal he conceded was savable. It was a fantastic header. The Granada dude headed the ball perfectly to the far post. No one would have saved it. That said he made a few mistakes that were not punished but overall a great performance. Nigeria has potentially another great goal keeper.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Poor defending on the set piece. Good header, elite goalkeepers would have saved that header.
Would have been a spectacular stop, but I have seen elite goalkeepers save those type of chances. Uzoho is still growing as a goalkeeper.

But he made up for it at the 11:10 minute mark, preserving the victory for Elche.
Good game for Uzoho. Will get better with more experience.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Adisboy wrote:
marutimon wrote:Highlights:

[/video]

Just saw the highlights. I disagree that the goal he conceded was savable. It was a fantastic header. The Granada dude headed the ball perfectly to the far post. No one would have saved it. That said he made a few mistakes that were not punished but overall a great performance. Nigeria has potentially another great goal keeper.
Yeah it happens, even to the experienced goalkeepers and Uzoho will continue to improve. However and like you said, things in the goalkeeping department will continue to get better for us.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Great to see our goal keeper getting games and making some outstanding saves. The goal conceded I don’t see how he could have saved it as the ball was headed down and those are the most difficult to save once on target.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

great save at the end
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

It will also be interesting to note that this is Uzoho's first game for Elche and also Elche's first win this season in ll competitions.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

naijaguy wrote:It will also be interesting to note that this is Uzoho's first game for Elche and also Elche's first win this season in ll competitions.
That save on at the end put him on the map. That is a save any world class GK would be proud off. Plus, it secured the win. If that doesnt get him more playing time, then I dont know what will.

That said,...this Elche defense get as e be. Uzoho would likely be called on to save many more games for his team in the coming weeks.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is somewhat scary that this is only his third senior club game as a pro.

naijaguy wrote:It will also be interesting to note that this is Uzoho's first game for Elche and also Elche's first win this season in ll competitions.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:It is somewhat scary that this is only his third senior club game as a pro.

It’s not easy for African goalies, but this Elche move is really important for his progress. A good season could lead to div 1 ball.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Uzoho should've done better with the goal he conceded, he was simply out of position. Easy save if he stayed on the goal line, don't know why he likes chasing the ball. Same way he conceded a cheap goal v Argentina after he came running out of goal giving Messi a better angle to shoot. I like Ezenwa better. He would've just straight up punched the guy heading the ball in the face and saved the pk instead. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This is a good opportunity for Uzoho. If either Elche or Depirtivo go up, he will be back in the big time.
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Not likely to start for Elche tomorrow but the chance of being a backup goalie and playing cup games is better than being the 3rd choice goalie
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Why wouldn't he start tomorrow?

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Why wouldn't he start tomorrow?
... I was going to ask the same question. Maybe "Niyi" have some inside information he might want to share with us. Niyi, any reason/info for your comment - please?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

He did not start
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Eventually he will have to find a club where he can get regular minutes. He is good enough to start regularly

chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Our Gks have issues dealing with Corner kicks, perhaps he should have put a man on his far post.. Apart from that, i cant fault him..
afc##