Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:Kindly excuse me quoting some stats, many say they usually do not paint the whole picture of the game.

But here is something from last season that says Mourinho's United is usually found at the bottom of rankings for distance covered during games over a season, and sprints etc
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skys ... for-201718

Would that be due to tactics or is it a lazy group of players who don't do as told. Or both.
This Manchester United is confusing me :biggrin: sometimes they do really well but it doesn't last long

Maybe you are just permanently confused!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
Maybe not :thumb:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
benteke wrote:Pogba: I’m not the manager, I cannot, like, say that but … obviously we should show more option of playing but I cannot say that because I’m a player,” Pogba said. “That’s my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah.
I know I lost the ball (for their goal). Then there were a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble. We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake.”

Mourinho claimed that, whereas Wolves came to “play the game of their lives”, his side came “to relax”. So what did Pogba think? “Yeah, it’s true that maybe we should have showed more hunger in some parts,” he said. “Maybe he [Mourinho] is right, I don’t know.

“Maybe the attitude should be better and we should play better because, again, we are at Old Trafford and we should just attack and press like we did against Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal last season. When we play like this it’s easier for us.”

What is stopping United from doing that? “I can’t tell you because I’m a player. It’s not me,” Pogba said.

ttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/23 ... es-attack/
Quick, get the press to deflect their attention unto Spurs. That should help Manure :rotf:
Spurs even with bad run is better than Manu league table don't lie....To think Manu has play one one good side Spurs :rotf: :rotf: Chelsea,City,Liverpool and beloved to come.Oh dear Manu is where the press should focus and rightly so.Spurs playing all games away and still 2 points ahead of Manu.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
I think you are - you know the problem but can't bring yourself to accept it. There is a reason why someone is paid to be the manager :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol:
5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
I think you are - you know the problem but can't bring yourself to accept it. There is a reason why someone is paid to be the manager :mrgreen:
I am Finding it hard to place the blame on one single individual.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
I hope you are not finding it hard to understand the reason why organizations have specific roles defined and why football clubs have managers?

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
I hope you are not finding it hard to understand the reason why organizations have specific roles defined and why football clubs have managers?
I understand most top football clubs in Europe don't have managers but head coaches. Mourinho also said that his job title should be described as head coach, since he is effectively that at United.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

attack, attack and attack! thats how we used to do it before, thats how city beat us 6-1 at old trafford once upon a time, but boy did we attack, if do this for 90 mins, teams will suffer at old trafford, i dont care how good you are, it is not a mistake liverpool find themselves on top attacking, it is not rocket science!, Wolves can come to old trafford and get a draw but could have easily won

we are too static, valencia used to attack, he used to dribble and whip in those crosses, these days, he is scared of losing the ball so he plays safe, whose fault is this? we should be more direct, we have more than enough resources to thread in those through passes but we dont, everything points in one direction, the manager, he sets the foundation and the team pattern
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
I understand most top football clubs in Europe don't have managers but head coaches. Mourinho also said that his job title should be described as head coach, since he is effectively that at United.
Care to mention some of those top clubs? He should have cleared that up while signing his initial contract or the renewal earlier this year. We all know that these managers in football are like CEOs and CEOs are still accountable to the board - if he want to be the CEO and the board, that's his problem. He may have a point, from his own perspective, but the focus here is WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANCHESTER UNITED'S APPROACH ON MATCHDAY! Read Paul Pogba's comment slowly and understand - keyword 'MANAGER'. At Manchester United, that is Jose Mourinho. It is as simple as that.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

if Paul Pogba did not win the world cup with France, Mourinho would have forced him out, Pogba has now become influential with that world cup win, Pogba is speaking in coded words that the manager is not attack minded, Mourinho style is counter, soak up pressure then attack, some call this bus parking, to me its same same! other attack minded teams will apply so much pressure that eventually defenders will make mistakes, they are only human! there should be 1 rule for playing at home and that is attack for 90 mins, another rule for away games against the big teams

what should have been a routine 3 points turns into a heavy laboured draw, meanwhile give Wolves to city and watch how they will tear them apart, its not rocket science, City game is not give the opposition the ball, liverpool game is based on pressing

we finished 2nd last season, but i think City and Liverpool had a better season if you ask me, City winning by 19 points gap and liverpool playing in champions league final!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Care to mention some of those top clubs? He should have cleared that up while signing his initial contract or the renewal earlier this year. We all know that these managers in football are like CEOs and CEOs are still accountable to the board - if he want to be the CEO and the board, that's his problem. He may have a point, from his own perspective, but the focus here is WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANCHESTER UNITED'S APPROACH ON MATCHDAY! Read Paul Pogba's comment slowly and understand - keyword 'MANAGER'. At Manchester United, that is Jose Mourinho. It is as simple as that.
Chelsea for a start :taunt: :biggrin:
Anyways i fully understand Pogba's comments, that's why i posted them.
Let me reluctantly agree with you all that its Mourinho's fault and let's see what happens as season goes on.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Jose Mourinho says Paul Pogba will not captain club again

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/45644719
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Jose in prog calls Wolves draw: "an important lesson, a lesson I repeat week after week after week, a lesson some boys are not learning, every team that play @ManUtd are playing the game of their lives. We need to match that of aggression, motivation + desire. 95% isn't enough."
:agree: wholeheartedly with the last sentence
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The team is in disarray. Man U need to send JM and Pogba away from the club! They are both useless. JM is clueless while Pogba is a primadona. Signing both was a mistake.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

I'm with Jose, Pogba needs to quickly learn that he's at a club where the manager is the most important person at the club. A carryover from Fergie days. We've had some displays that show these players don't know what it means to play for Manchester United. If they took care of the ball and not let Wolves have it, and attacked, I wonder if Mourinho would have stopped them. Playing for Man Utd is about hardwork and excellence. Nothing came easy, never did. Prima-donnas are not to be tolerated. These players are paid good money to be there. Can anyone imagine Roy Keane being on the pitch with these current guys? With the way they give the ball away, they'd be scared to get on the team bus. A lot of talented players not proving their worth.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I am also with Mourinho on Pogba. Pogba answers directly to Mourinho while Mourinho answers to all stakeholders.

I hope he has the balls to see it through. Man United's success secret for several years spanning multiple generations of footballers under Sir Alex was 'firm grip' applied with wisdom. Pogba revealed the problem at Man United pointing fingers at Mourinho, whether he was joking or not. Sir Alex won't have that as he descended on influential players who opened their mouth to 'third parties'. It appears Sir Alex don't have problems with you berating your team-mates directly the way the likes of Roy Keane, Schmeichel, Cantona, Rio, Neville, Scholes, Vidic etc would do but say nothing directly to the outside world so he could clean up the mess. Pogba took it a step further by 'attacking' the manager's approach. While I agree with him on the culprit (for the sake of those who don't appear to see what's going on), the options are clear - Mourinho must assert his authority going forward and find a way to win Pogba to his side or alienate him and eventually let him go. The other option is for Mourinho to leave. I think he is giving the first option a shot. Let's see how the players respond in the coming weeks.

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Normally i should be with Mourinho on this topic, the bucks stops at the manager, but sorry, i will not support that football coward called Mourinho, united cannot attack because the team is not built to attack, dont know how this will end but one of the 2 will have to leave the club, sorry that world cup changed everything with Pogba whether we like to hear this or not, normally i dont like players that think they are bigger than the club but somebody needs to frigging speak out why we are underperforming, Pogba is important right now for united, we all see what united is like without Pogba playing, take him off the pitch and we become erratic, we dont have anyone gifted like him that can see that 50-60 yard pass, sorry it is what it is

Mourinho can take that captaincy from him, dont think he is bothered, he can drop him from the next few games if he wants, eventually, he will be forced out of the club, he is living on borrowed time

Marko
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Is Pogba proving Ferguson right? Afterall Fergie still started an ageing Scholes over Pogba which was what pissed him off and he left for Juve..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

paj wrote:Is Pogba proving Ferguson right? Afterall Fergie still started an ageing Scholes over Pogba which was what pissed him off and he left for Juve..
Of course Sir Alex was right.

Man U need to investigate why they started dealing with an agent that Sir Alex will not deal with. That agent is 'controlling' Man U now. Agent and player power.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

He can blame Pogba for his error in midfield but also Pogba laid the assist for our goal as well, so where is the balance?

That we were prepared to settle for a 1 goal lead? If it was not Pogba, someone else would have made a mistake, for the way Wolves played it was only fair they deserved a draw

How many times have united played draws because of our pathetic protect a 1 goal lead? Why dont we score 2 or 3

Last season we lost so many points due to this occurence, Mourinho is the king of the blame game, why does he never take responsibility for his bizarre unworking tactics?

From Lukaku, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Bailly,lindelof, jones, smalling, he has always publicöy criticised these players and for what reason?

You have a formation that has not worked for 3 years, at least one can also try something different, i insist playing at home, we should never be defensive as this is a recipe for disaster

We have seen thos same scenario play out too many times, protetcting slim lead, well it will never work, most teams have wisened up these days and are not afraid to attack us at home or away

Lets see how this plays out, Pogba, please preach on!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:I am also with Mourinho on Pogba. Pogba answers directly to Mourinho while Mourinho answers to all stakeholders.

I hope he has the balls to see it through. Man United's success secret for several years spanning multiple generations of footballers under Sir Alex was 'firm grip' applied with wisdom. Pogba revealed the problem at Man United pointing fingers at Mourinho, whether he was joking or not. Sir Alex won't have that as he descended on influential players who opened their mouth to 'third parties'. It appears Sir Alex don't have problems with you berating your team-mates directly the way the likes of Roy Keane, Schmeichel, Cantona, Rio, Neville, Scholes, Vidic etc would do but say nothing directly to the outside world so he could clean up the mess. Pogba took it a step further by 'attacking' the manager's approach. While I agree with him on the culprit (for the sake of those who don't appear to see what's going on), the options are clear - Mourinho must assert his authority going forward and find a way to win Pogba to his side or alienate him and eventually let him go. The other option is for Mourinho to leave. I think he is giving the first option a shot. Let's see how the players respond in the coming weeks.
Good that we are on the same page on Mourinho, player power and poor attitude must be crushed urgently
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Player power is part of the game, something we have to live with unfortunately, like i said earlier, under the right circumstances, i should be supporting the manager against any player

Any manager that criticises his players freely in the press should receive the same criticism in the same press

Thats only fair! If Mourinho thinks he cant have Pogba in his team, he should tell Woodward to sell him, its that simple, we all know what that answer will be!

Marko