Tokyo 2020: A Testing Ground For Next Generation Super Eagle

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
Tokyo 2020: A Testing Ground For Next Generation Super Eagle

Post by Pavarotti »

Tokyo 2020: A Testing Ground For Next Generation Super Eagles

Nigerian football seems to be in a good place…. or at least heading towards it.

For starters the right man is back at the helm of affairs for another 4 years

For another the awareness of the team as a brand has soared thanks in part to that exquisite jersey design from Nike, but best of all… an enormous amount of young talents of which most are conveniently under 21 are springing up everywhere.

In France Samuel Kalu . . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/tokyo-202 ... er-eagles/

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tokyo 2020: A Testing Ground For Next Generation Super E

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Salisu was supposed to be the coach but not after his scandal. They need to appoint a coach ASAP
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

When the Olympic comes, will the respective clubs of the listed players release them for the tournament?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

another TEST ? when do we go for the real thing please. I thought Rohr finished his so called testing with Russia
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

jette1 wrote:another TEST ? when do we go for the real thing please. I thought Rohr finished his so called testing with Russia
Now is the start of the learning curve proper!!! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Abi na we don finish Geo, now it's time for Gra, Next world cup go be PHY
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Odas wrote:When the Olympic comes, will the respective clubs of the listed players release them for the tournament?
We've already experienced this scenario in 2016 and unless FIFA steps in, the club's will not release their players for the Olympics.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Its still not clear to me whether Olympic matches count as full 'competitive' games by FIFA and the implications for dual citizen footballers that play in such games.

For example, let's take young and upcoming players like Lookman, Ejaria, Ojo and Eze.
England/GB do not play Olympic football (except when they hosted in 2012).
If say any of these guys could make a Nigerian Olympic team, would it have implications for their England futures?
If not, and it still left their options open, why wouldn't they seize such an opportunity?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Odas wrote:When the Olympic comes, will the respective clubs of the listed players release them for the tournament?
Kpom.That's the most important question as clubs are not obliged to release players for the Olympics as it is deemed a youth competition.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Adisboy wrote:
Kpom.That's the most important question as clubs are not obliged to release players for the Olympics as it is deemed a youth competition.
... exactly! We have gone through this before. Therefore, saying the above listed players will do this and that during the Olympics is premature because we don't know who will be allowed to play for us and who be denied such opportunity. Anyway, let's wait and see
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.