Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr Releases List for Libya matches

Post by Flex Swift »

Two players that stick out as not belonging in the GWG : Miss Ighalo & Akpeyi !!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:why do we keep calling the same 3 goalkeepers?
The Enyimba goal keeper is in top form and his Caf Champs league performances have been nothing short of outstanding... Yet Rohr keeps calling up freaking Akpeyi.
i tire oo
I thought the Enyimba keeper was Ghanaian? No?
You mean Fatau Dauda.. was thinking the same until I realized the goal keeper that made those eye catching impressive saves against Rayon Sports was Theophilus Afelokhai(sp)... who happens to be quite popular for been a solid GK in the league already.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Flex Swift wrote:The squad is not balanced. There is no creative midfielder Nididi , Ogu, Etebo, and Onazi are all defensive minded players. Nigeria struggles to score goals without the creativity in the middle of the park.

Alex Iwobi

I would have liked to see Eze called up as well. What is Rohr waiting for ?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Perfect list. Best team available. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You can all hate on Ighalo but the truth is, we dont have anyone with his quality yet, other than Success who Rohr has rightfully called up.

Awoniyi and Oshimen haven't proven enough to displace Ighalo despite all of the clamour. Let them light up the Belgian league first and then we can have a discussion, they will not bring the experience, and hold up play and intelligence that Ighalo brings. This is very much needed.

However I expect Success to make a serious challenge to Ighalo's starting role, based on this squad I will lineup as follows.

******************************************UZOHO*************************************************

AINA*************************TROOST*******************BALOGUN******************************IDOWU

******************************NDIDI****************ONAZI***************************************

****************************************IWOBI***************************************************

KALU****************************************************************************************MUSA

*****************************************IHEANACHO*********************************************

SUBS

SUCCESS FOR IHEANACHO
ONYEKURU FOR MUSA
SIMON FOR KALU

Keep it tried and tested at the back. Tempted to start Ajayi over Balogun because he has been playing consistently while Balogun hasn't played much at all, but I will stay with Balogun because he has formed a solid partnership with Troost. Aina is a must at RB while Idowu I will take over Collins based on reliability and consistency, but Collins is surely on Idowu's heels.

Midfield is a no brainer, I think Etebo's form has dipped but the must is that Iwobi starts as AM. This is a must and if Rohr hasn't figured this out by now I really question his ability as a coach.

Up front I am tempted to start Success, but would rather he come on later as I am unsure about his match fitness. Kalu gets the nod over Onyekuru and Musa has been scoring goals so its hard to keep him out, although I would like him to interchange up top with Iheanacho, and not stay entirely on the wings.

Again other than failing to call up Eze to cap him for a 2 legged tie, I see nothing wrong with this squad, and it is following a very logical path keeping the consistent tried and true and integrating new blood who deserve it (Success, Kalu, Onyekuru, Ajayi, Collins)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Why has he not called up Eberechi Eze ?

There is absolutely no excuse for this. Other than that, the list is spot on. I guess Lookman switch was not able to be done in time, either that or he is playing games.
C'mon man. Eze is still in the process of proving himself.
He probably doesn't even have a Naija passport yet.

You're behaving like a kid in a sweet shop. You want everything, now. :roll:
Yeah; he's like that...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The squad is not balanced. There is no creative midfielder Nididi , Ogu, Etebo, and Onazi are all defensive minded players. Nigeria struggles to score goals without the creativity in the middle of the park.
Yep, seems we will be relying on wing play from Sam Kalu, Simon Moses, Success, and Onyekuru etc...
We are the home team , how would you like the team to line up bearing mind the midfield of Onazi, Etebo and Nidid lost at home to a very poor South African team ?
Keep in mind our prior CAM was Mikel who is also a DM for all intents and purposes. This is one area where Rohr hasn't really tried to address and simply relied on Mikel until it fell flat on its face in the Croatia game. I'm not expecting Ndidi Onazi and Etebo to create squat, maybe Iwobi can be drafted into the midfield (seems Rohr prefers Kelechi there not sure why) but he, much like Iheanacho, is a turnover machine.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Daniel Akpeyi had his chance and totally fluffed it he’s a waste of travel expenses.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:I just noticed Mikel is not in your list.

Is that a mistake or is he really not called. Owngoal confirmed that Mikel is definately returning for the matches.
I noticed it as well and was wondering the same thing. Is Mikel injured or excused?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:Two players that stick out as not belonging in the GWG : Miss Ighalo & Akpeyi !!!
Easy guys, the coaching screw knows better
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Simy Nwankwo played better than Ighalo. Why was he dropped?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Afelokhai has benched Ezenwa at Enyimba.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Simy Nwankwo played better than Ighalo. Why was he dropped?
When was this?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

maceo4 wrote:
Yep, seems we will be relying on wing play from Sam Kalu, Simon Moses, Success, and Onyekuru etc...

Success is in as a striker
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

maceo4 wrote:
When was this?
Against Liberia.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We are the home team , how would you like the team to line up bearing mind the midfield of Onazi, Etebo and Nidid lost at home to a very poor South African team ?
what was poor about that South African team?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
When was this?
Against Liberia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ok, I actually thought you were being serious. Against George Weah and co? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He hasn't proven anything in GWG and glad Success took his place, much better quality player.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
When was this?
Against Liberia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ok, I actually thought you were being serious. Against George Weah and co? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He hasn't proven anything in GWG and glad Success took his place, much better quality player.
E be like sey you get time today. You no you see the handle of the person you dey respond to? :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Good list. Would have liked to see Ebere Eze or at least one new AM invited. Would have also liked to see at least one new goalie invited. Ezenwa and Akpeyi are not reliable long term options.

I also hope he starts Iwobi in the AM position. Of the players in camp he is the best suited for that position.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Well, according to maceo4 and txj and the rest of their gang, we don’t need creative midfielders because we’ve got Kalu the playmaker :mrgreen: That aside, I’m sure you’ve heard of Alex Iwobi. If he isn’t a creative midfielder then I don’t know who is :!:

Cheers.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Keep in mind our prior CAM was Mikel who is also a DM for all intents and purposes. This is one area where Rohr hasn't really tried to address and simply relied on Mikel until it fell flat on its face in the Croatia game. I'm not expecting Ndidi Onazi and Etebo to create squat, maybe Iwobi can be drafted into the midfield (seems Rohr prefers Kelechi there not sure why) but he, much like Iheanacho, is a turnover machine.
its not like he can go and manufacture a CAM. IIRC, he has tried Etebo, Iwobi, Iheanacho as a mikel in the advanced midfielder spot with little success.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote:Good list. Would have liked to see Ebere Eze or at least one new AM invited. Would have also liked to see at least one new goalie invited. Ezenwa and Akpeyi are not reliable long term options.

I also hope he starts Iwobi in the AM position. Of the players in camp he is the best suited for that position.
The game is a very important competitive game, no time for trial and error. Coach knows best, respect his decision. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
its not like he can go and manufacture a CAM. IIRC, he has tried Etebo, Iwobi, Iheanacho as a mikel in the advanced midfielder spot with little success.
I don’t think he’s really tried Iwobi there, it’s weird he prefers Iheanacho. But I really don’t think he tried enough options there knowing that Mikel isn’t really an AM but we could get away with it in qualifiers. Even combinations like Alex and Kele up top he’s not tried again since the Argentina friendly. No one can explain why? Or the over-reliance on Ighalo. No one is asking him to manufacture players but he’s rather inflexible and rigid in his lineups wouldn’t you say? And it’s not like our attack has been clicking, it’s been rather disjoint and an eyesore at times.
Super Eagus 4 Life!