Torino (Aina) vs Chievo (Obi). Aina Full game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

icee
Egg
Egg
Torino (Aina) vs Chievo (Obi). Aina Full game

Post by icee »

Folks,
I think we have a player, that based on the evidence of his appearances to prior to today, he has earned a starting role today and played full 90 minutes. He is good at the cross. See between 1:05 and 1:19 as he puts in crosses. he also had a nice shot on goal (

Aina was the second highest rated Torino player in today's 1- 0 win (according to Sofascore - https://www.sofascore.com/torino-chievoverona/UdbsWdb). To add some balance and further context, Chievo is at the bottom of Seria A. Joel warmed the bench as he did not play. He appears to be playing a LWB role in this game in a 3 man back system.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Torino (Aina) vs Chievo (Obi). Aina Full game

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

when i said our Golden generation is almost here the drunks of CE said Kongi don drink. Aina , Ebuehi and Nura are all legit potential world class wingbacks. our prayer now is that God grant Nura good health and you'll see what a RB/WB is all about.
OCCUPY NFF!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ola has been benefiting from consistent play with Torino. He started the season on the bench but has now implanted himself in the first team. His game and confidence has clearly been improving.

With the issues we have at the full back positions, he has too be one of the key starters for the SE right now.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kingsley Michael scored for perugia in Seria B. here we have a real ball playing defender rising fast but he gets no mention cos he's not in the London championship. Kingsley is a defender with excellent ball skills that can handle the ball with the best of them. he's on loan from Bologna, a certainty for the Olympic team. :thumb:
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kingsley Michael scored for perugia in Seria B. here we have a real ball playing defender rising fast but he gets no mention cos he's not in the London championship. Kingsley is a defender with excellent ball skills that can handle the ball with the best of them. he's on loan from Bologna, a certainty for the Olympic team. :thumb:
[/video]
He's a midfielder who's been discussed before on here and it's his first season of competitive football. Who are these "London championship" players being discussed here?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Taking Echiejele to Russia ahead of Aina was perhaps the most criminal action so far by Rohr. Good he now seems to have come to his senses.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kingsley Michael scored for perugia in Seria B. here we have a real ball playing defender rising fast but he gets no mention cos he's not in the London championship. Kingsley is a defender with excellent ball skills that can handle the ball with the best of them. he's on loan from Bologna, a certainty for the Olympic team. :thumb:
[/video]
I no see am for here o.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

[/video]
Kingsley Michael is not even a defender. Shows how much you know
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Who is the last "he" you referred to? Aina or Joel? Putting that "he" right after the sentence about Joel makes it sound like Joel played LWB even though you said Joel "warmed the bench as he did not play".

:mad:
icee wrote:Folks,
I think we have a player, that based on the evidence of his appearances to prior to today, he has earned a starting role today and played full 90 minutes. He is good at the cross. See between 1:05 and 1:19 as he puts in crosses. he also had a nice shot on goal (

Aina was the second highest rated Torino player in today's 1- 0 win (according to Sofascore - https://www.sofascore.com/torino-chievoverona/UdbsWdb). To add some balance and further context, Chievo is at the bottom of Seria A. Joel warmed the bench as he did not play. He appears to be playing a LWB role in this game in a 3 man back system.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Aina has been much better at RWB but he's been playing LWB the last few games, he's been ok, regardless of this rating when you watch the match, he does must of the simple things well, but also does lose the ball a lot trying to dribble b/c he almost always cuts back inside on his right leg and can't use the bye-line to take his man. I wish we could find proper left footed LB/LWBs so we don't have to put the Aina's and Ebuehi's over there, and we can also send Idowu to play 'water boy'.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

wiseone wrote:Who is the last "he" you referred to? Aina or Joel? Putting that "he" right after the sentence about Joel makes it sound like Joel played LWB even though you said Joel "warmed the bench as he did not play".

:mad:
icee wrote:Folks,

Sorry. For clarification it was Aina that played LWB. Joel did not play. I see why how I wrote it can be confusing
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:Aina has been much better at RWB but he's been playing LWB the last few games, he's been ok, regardless of this rating when you watch the match, he does must of the simple things well, but also does lose the ball a lot trying to dribble b/c he almost always cuts back inside on his right leg and can't use the bye-line to take his man. I wish we could find proper left footed LB/LWBs so we don't have to put the Aina's and Ebuehi's over there, and we can also send Idowu to play 'water boy'.

Maybe Jamilu or Deji. Deji is yet to play this season but he should break into the first team in a D1 German team soon. Jamilu plays in the second division but he looks good too.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Stanley Amuzie has started playing regularly for Lugano, even though it's as a left sided CB. Rohr needs to monitor his progress as he's a natural left footer.
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote:Taking Echiejele to Russia ahead of Aina was perhaps the most criminal action so far by Rohr. Good he now seems to have come to his senses.
That was beyond stupid! I believe the World cup was just too big for Rohr to handle! He was the one who went there to learn, not the players.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

[/video]
ol boi whats the heck and you want defend your drinking ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Taking Echiejele to Russia ahead of Aina was perhaps the most criminal action so far by Rohr. Good he now seems to have come to his senses.
That was beyond stupid! I believe the World cup was just too big for Rohr to handle! He was the one who went there to learn, not the players.
Really?
Then maybe you should ask any of Iwobi, Ndidi, Ekong, Uzoho, Idowu, Balogun, Etebo, Iheanacho or Awaziem.
I'm sure they will put you right. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thanks a lot for clarifying. Much appreciated.
icee wrote: Sorry. For clarification it was Aina that played LWB. Joel did not play. I see why how I wrote it can be confusing
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Agreed,it was a pointless excercise which left us short of options.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI