Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:why do we keep calling the same 3 goalkeepers?
The Enyimba goal keeper is in top form and his Caf Champs league performances have been nothing short of outstanding... Yet Rohr keeps calling up freaking Akpeyi.
i tire oo
I thought the Enyimba keeper was Ghanaian? No?
It's better to call up a foreigner than calling up Akpeyi!

Sincerely
Bad belle Nigerians.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:why do we keep calling the same 3 goalkeepers?
The Enyimba goal keeper is in top form and his Caf Champs league performances have been nothing short of outstanding... Yet Rohr keeps calling up freaking Akpeyi.
i tire oo
I thought the Enyimba keeper was Ghanaian? No?
It's better to call up a foreigner than calling up Akpeyi!

Sincerely
Bad belle Nigerians.

http://npfl.ng/player/theophilus-afelokhai/
Name Theophilus Afelokhai
Nationality Nigeria
Position Goalkeeper
Current Team Enyimba
Drink responsibly
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Very good list. Rohr almost killed it.

Simy and kelechi Had to be dropped. Simy is not a starter at Crotone anymore. A Serie B team.

Alhassan should be on the list or atleast the next one. He has been very consistent in the Portuguese Top division.

Anthony Ujah should have been called up rather than Isaac Success (I'm a huge fan). While they both play in Top leagues, they are also super subs (ujah started a match last week) BUT Ujah has 2 goals in the league. Isaac's goals are only in the almost not worthy EFL.

Seth should be looking in for the next list. He has been ever present for his club in Turkey and has been posting an average of 7.0 rating.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

My starting 11

Uzoho
Aina Balogun Ekong Collins
Ndidi Ogu Iwobi
Kalu Musa Iheanacho

Subs

Onyekuru, Etebo, Moses, Ajayi, Onazi, Success.
Success for Kalu
Etebo for Ogu
Moses for Iheanacho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Still no suggestions as to why Mikel isnt on the list....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

U don forget my thread saying both Mikel and Moses go dodge call ups after World Cup finish?
Damunk wrote:Still no suggestions as to why Mikel isnt on the list....
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Very good list. Rohr almost killed it.

Simy and kelechi Had to be dropped. Simy is not a starter at Crotone anymore. A Serie B team.

Alhassan should be on the list or atleast the next one. He has been very consistent in the Portuguese Top division.

Anthony Ujah should have been called up rather than Isaac Success (I'm a huge fan). While they both play in Top leagues, they are also super subs (ujah started a match last week) BUT Ujah has 2 goals in the league. Isaac's goals are only in the almost not worthy EFL.

Seth should be looking in for the next list. He has been ever present for his club in Turkey and has been posting an average of 7.0 rating.
Listen to you that Ujah is better than Success? You are trying to convince us?. Success has more going for him not least his youth, pace and dribbling skills. Ujah - I have never seen beat a man. Ujah is probably an above average Sharpshooter.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Good squad, with the only real absentee being Mikel.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr Releases List for Libya matches

Post by gochino »

[quote="vancity eagle"]You can all hate on Ighalo but the truth is, we dont have anyone with his quality yet, other than Success who Rohr has rightfully called up.

Awoniyi and Oshimen haven't proven enough to displace Ighalo despite all of the clamour. Let them light up the Belgian league first and then we can have a discussion, they will not bring the experience, and hold up play and intelligence that Ighalo brings. This is very much needed.

However I expect Success to make a serious challenge to Ighalo's starting role, based on this squad I will lineup as follows.

******************************************UZOHO*************************************************

AINA*************************TROOST*******************BALOGUN******************************IDOWU

******************************NDIDI****************ONAZI***************************************

****************************************IWOBI***************************************************

KALU****************************************************************************************MUSA

*****************************************IHEANACHO*********************************************

SUBS

SUCCESS FOR IHEANACHO
ONYEKURU FOR MUSA
SIMON FOR KALU

Keep it tried and tested at the back. Tempted to start Ajayi over Balogun because he has been playing consistently while Balogun hasn't played much at all, but I will stay with Balogun because he has formed a solid partnership with Troost. Aina is a must at RB while Idowu I will take over Collins based on reliability and consistency, but Collins is surely on Idowu's heels.

Midfield is a no brainer, I think Etebo's form has dipped but the must is that Iwobi starts as AM. This is a must and if Rohr hasn't figured this out by now I really question his ability as a coach.

Up front I am tempted to start Success, but would rather he come on later as I am unsure about his match fitness. Kalu gets the nod over Onyekuru and Musa has been scoring goals so its hard to keep him out, although I would like him to interchange up top with Iheanacho, and not stay entirely on the wings.

Again other than failing to call up Eze to cap him for a 2 legged tie, I see nothing wrong with this squad, and it is following a very logical path keeping the consistent tried and true and integrating new blood who deserve it (Success, Kalu, Onyekuru, Ajayi, Collins)[/quote

Did i just see Musa in your starting line up???
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Good points but I disagree on the issue of Ujah this guy is a another non scoring striker in the same class as that waste pipe Ighalo. This is Successes opportunity he has shown a lot of promise in the league so far and looks very fit. He should have scored against Arsenal however the opportunity arose because of his pace something Ujeh and that waste pipe (Ighalo) don’t pocess. Against Libya Nigeria don’t need a stationery striker that will be marked out if the game which happen if that waste pipe plays. The treat will come from pace which we now have with Kalu, Success, Iwobi ,Nacho & Musa mybonlybworry is the midfield where Nididi and Onazi can only pass side ways we don’t have anyone that can distribute the ball.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lol why are people still asking about Mikel? What has he got to offer at this point? Babysit the team with his tired legs? Abeg let homeboy enjoy his retirement in peace... besides been reported as sidelined with injuries, he has been inactive for months at his club, let the bobo rest, he has tried for Nigeria. We should be talking about organizing a novelty match to send him off if he still has the lungs and interest to see out one more AFCON with the team next year.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

DIMKA76 wrote:

Listen to you that Ujah is better than Success? You are trying to convince us?. Success has more going for him not least his youth, pace and dribbling skills. Ujah - I have never seen beat a man. Ujah is probably an above average Sharpshooter.

I am not saying Ujah is better or not. What i am saying is that they both play in Top leagues, are super subs (Ujah started recently) and Ujah has 2 league goals unlike success.

Im just dealing with stats, dassol!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you, Oga Damunk! They all mysteriously refused to say something about the absence (omission) of Mikel from the list of invited players
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

metalalloy wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The squad is not balanced. There is no creative midfielder Nididi , Ogu, Etebo, and Onazi are all defensive minded players. Nigeria struggles to score goals without the creativity in the middle of the park.
Yep, seems we will be relying on wing play from Sam Kalu, Simon Moses, Success, and Onyekuru etc...
We are the home team , how would you like the team to line up bearing mind the midfield of Onazi, Etebo and Nidid lost at home to a very poor South African team ?
what was poor about that South African team?
South Africa had failed to qualify for the ANC and World Cup. They were rebuilding and had only just appointed their journey man Englishcoach whose first match was against us Nigeria. No way should Nigeria ever lose to SA whether playing home or away but we fielded a useless goal keeper and non descriptive midfield which was shy of any creativity.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:Lol why are people still asking about Mikel? What has he got to offer at this point? Babysit the team with his tired legs? Abeg let homeboy enjoy his retirement in peace... besides been reported as sidelined with injuries, he has been inactive for months at his club, let the bobo rest, he has tried for Nigeria. We should be talking about organizing a novelty match to send him off if he still has the lungs and interest to see out one more AFCON with the team next year.
Oh, so Mikel is injured. Alright, thanks for the information
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

So sad that we seem to be suffering a severe lack of creative midfielders in the SE. This is very serious.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

If it was keshi who picked Simy, all we will hear is drop rate,drop rate.....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

because Mikel hasn't kicked a ball in months, the guy has been injured ..however the NFF indicated they hope to have him back in november
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Mikel's Nigeria absence is to allow recovery from injury

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria - 6 hours ago

John Mikel Obi has not played for Nigeria since he captained the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup in Russia

Captain John Mikel Obi has been "excused" from Nigeria's latest squad because he needs time to recover from injury, according to the country's football federation, the NFF.

He was the most notable absentee from the Super Eagles squad for back-to-back Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with Libya this month.

The 31-year-old, who plays for Chinese side Tianjin TEDA, has not played for his country since the summer's World Cup, leading to speculation about his international future.

But he is set to return to the camp for next month's match with South Africa.

"Mikel has been excused because he is just recovering from injury in China and needs time to fully regain fitness," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We expect him to be available for the November game against South Africa."

Coach Gernot Rohr has made three changes from the Super Eagles squad that took on Seychelles last month with the omission of on-loan Arsenal youngster Kelechi Nwakali, and Italy-based duo of Simeon Nwankwo and Joel Obi.

Watford's Isaac Success has been rewarded for his impressive form with the English side and fit-again Levante forward Moses Simon and Bursaspor of Turkey defender Shehu Abdullahi also earn recalls.

The squad is boosted by the return of Arsenal's Alex Iwobi, defenders William Troost-Ekong and Ola Aina, after the trio pulled out of September's fixture due to injury.

The three-time African champions won 3-0 away in Seychelles in last month's Nations Cup qualifier as they seek to return to the tournament they won in their last appearance in 2013.

They host Libya in Uyo on 13 October and then travel to face the same opposition three days later at Stade Taïeb Mhiri in Sfax, Tunisia.

Nigeria began their campaign to qualify for the 2019 Nations Cup in Cameroon with a surprise 2-0 loss to visiting South Africa in June last year.

Libya, with four points, are currently top of Group E on goal difference ahead of South Africa, the top two from the four-team pool will qualify for next year's finals.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45713720
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I'm surprised Biggy didn't provide this information since....... oh never mind
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

iworo wrote:Mikel's Nigeria absence is to allow recovery from injury

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria - 6 hours ago

John Mikel Obi has not played for Nigeria since he captained the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup in Russia

Captain John Mikel Obi has been "excused" from Nigeria's latest squad because he needs time to recover from injury, according to the country's football federation, the NFF.

He was the most notable absentee from the Super Eagles squad for back-to-back Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers with Libya this month.

The 31-year-old, who plays for Chinese side Tianjin TEDA, has not played for his country since the summer's World Cup, leading to speculation about his international future.

But he is set to return to the camp for next month's match with South Africa.

"Mikel has been excused because he is just recovering from injury in China and needs time to fully regain fitness," team spokesman Toyin Ibitoye told BBC Sport.

"We expect him to be available for the November game against South Africa."

Coach Gernot Rohr has made three changes from the Super Eagles squad that took on Seychelles last month with the omission of on-loan Arsenal youngster Kelechi Nwakali, and Italy-based duo of Simeon Nwankwo and Joel Obi.

Watford's Isaac Success has been rewarded for his impressive form with the English side and fit-again Levante forward Moses Simon and Bursaspor of Turkey defender Shehu Abdullahi also earn recalls.

The squad is boosted by the return of Arsenal's Alex Iwobi, defenders William Troost-Ekong and Ola Aina, after the trio pulled out of September's fixture due to injury.

The three-time African champions won 3-0 away in Seychelles in last month's Nations Cup qualifier as they seek to return to the tournament they won in their last appearance in 2013.

They host Libya in Uyo on 13 October and then travel to face the same opposition three days later at Stade Taïeb Mhiri in Sfax, Tunisia.

Nigeria began their campaign to qualify for the 2019 Nations Cup in Cameroon with a surprise 2-0 loss to visiting South Africa in June last year.

Libya, with four points, are currently top of Group E on goal difference ahead of South Africa, the top two from the four-team pool will qualify for next year's finals.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45713720
No guarantee Mikel will not be injured again before SA – He should just be left alone and we concentrate on fit ready to go players – If Mikel decides to retire eagles will still playon.
Wonder what happened with the rumours of Ojo and Everton’s Lookman
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Simy Nwankwo played better than Ighalo. Why was he dropped?
When was this?

yesterday night, in his dreams. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho
Shehu or Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Ndidi, Iwobi, Etebo or Onazi
Kalu, Success, Onyekuru
Winners do it the right way.