#MeToo after Cristiano Ronaldo?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: #MeToo after Cristiano Ronaldo?

Post by pajimoh »

F360 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Not sure if true, esp as there are rumours that Fake Ron is a fake hetero.
Probably more realistic that he is Bi.
If you don't know please don't "probably". That is how rumours start.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

F360 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Papers seem scared to run the story.
Nope. They definitely aren't scared. They sourced up well and seem to have strong enough backing that they've run the details of the story and are daring CR7 to come for them. They seem ready for a battle.
I meant the major sports trades. Guardian Sports, BBC Sports, Sky Sports, Marca, Tutto even Sport haven't posted the allegations, they done the denial but have relegated it to a minor story.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:
F360 wrote:
Nope. They definitely aren't scared. They sourced up well and seem to have strong enough backing that they've run the details of the story and are daring CR7 to come for them. They seem ready for a battle.
I meant the major sports trades. Guardian Sports, BBC Sports, Sky Sports, Marca, Tutto even Sport haven't posted the allegations, they done the denial but have relegated it to a minor story.
Perhaps because they would open themselves up to a defamation suit if they report on the Der Spiegel story.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

pajimoh wrote:
F360 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Not sure if true, esp as there are rumours that Fake Ron is a fake hetero.
Probably more realistic that he is Bi.
If you don't know please don't "probably". That is how rumours start.
Im not the one that mentioned a rumour on here about his sexuality. I dont care what he is, I just replied as to what I think he might be.
I'm sure what I wrote isn't going to start a rumour that has been going about for years already.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
F360 wrote:
Perhaps because they would open themselves up to a defamation suit if they report on the Der Spiegel story.

The major American news stations and papers are beginning to report on it after the full story by Der Spiegel came out yesterday. Here are
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -fake-news
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45698134

Perhaps they were waiting for more information from Der Spiegel as to their claims, which has now been provided. I doubt Marca(Madrid) and the major Italian outlets will report on it still but I bet AS and the other Barcelona outlets will go in.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

F360 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
F360 wrote:

The major American news stations and papers are beginning to report on it after the full story by Der Spiegel came out yesterday. Here are

Perhaps they were waiting for more information from Der Spiegel as to their claims, which has now been provided. I doubt Marca(Madrid) and the major Italian outlets will report on it still but I bet AS and the other Barcelona outlets will go in.
As Kalani Jr pointed out, the European papers are reporting the denials by Ronaldo but not the accusations that Der Spiegel reported. The american newspapers have no issues reporting on the accusations as the EU and the US treat free speech differently.
As with many other works of investigative journalism, publishing Going Clear in the U.K. could expose the authors to a much more serious risk of lawsuits than they face in the U.S.
In American courts, the burden of proof rests with the person who brings a claim of libel. In British courts, the author or journalist has the burden of proof, and typically loses.

Some American papers reported on this last year when Der Spiegel first ran the story without mentioning the lady's name.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

metalalloy wrote:
F360 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
F360 wrote:

As Kalani Jr pointed out, the European papers are reporting the denials by Ronaldo but not the accusations that Der Spiegel reported. The american newspapers have no issues reporting on the accusations as the EU and the US treat free speech differently.
Ah ok got you.
As with many other works of investigative journalism, publishing Going Clear in the U.K. could expose the authors to a much more serious risk of lawsuits than they face in the U.S.
In American courts, the burden of proof rests with the person who brings a claim of libel. In British courts, the author or journalist has the burden of proof, and typically loses.

Some American papers reported on this last year when Der Spiegel first ran the story without mentioning the lady's name.[/quote]

One would expect a lot more lawsuits against The Daily Mail, The Sun, etc given what you mentioned about exposure to serious risk of lawsuits in the UK.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

F360 wrote:

One would expect a lot more lawsuits against The Daily Mail, The Sun, etc given what you mentioned about exposure to serious risk of lawsuits in the UK.
I know right? The Sun faces a lot of libel cases. Im not sure about the daily mail. The biggest problem is that litigation costs $$$, while someone may have a valid case, they may not have deep enough pockets to see through a lawsuit.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So if Ronaldo come America our boys go arrest am?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i heard the victim was settled out of court over 8 years ago, $375K...Money done finish, them want more...pathetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i heard the victim was settled out of court over 8 years ago, $375K...Money done finish, them want more...pathetic
:shock:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:Assuming it happened as claimed, why now after the woman has been paid $375,000.00?

Alright, while at it, less get ALL the Black women who were RAPED by White men 30yrs, 40yrs, 50yrs and even 60yrs ago in the Plantations or farms to come-out and narrate their ugly ordeals as well. This time, I hope they (the Black women) are given equal media coverage as is being done for the White women.
There is a legal argument and a moral argument.
We all know that power, influence and money all have a heavy influence on legal judgement.
Moral judgment however, is affected by none of these.

So the fact that she has been legally bound to remain silent by receiving $375,000 in no way proves that the crime never happened. In fact, it suggests it possibly, if not probably, did....which is what we should be more interested in.

You wouldn't let an accused rapist or armed robber spend the night in your house becos he has been able to pay off a key witness with money.
... then don't accept the offer, or to settle the matter out of court. Once the victim accepts the offer to settle, then all is over.

For example, a company discriminates against you and the proof is there. You raise alarm (complain) about it and the company pays you off. Why should you come back years later to want to fight the discrimination - again?
Why not?
If it happened it happened and no amount of money can change that fact.

As an observer, your interest should be in whether it actually happened or not i.e. the true facts, not in the legally altered 'truth'.
Chief Damunk: The thing is, we don't know if it happened or not. Assuming it happened, how did it happen? Was it one of those casual encounters and one thing led to another, or did it happen violently? No matter which category the issue might fall into, the thing is: You have been PAID and that should be the end of it all.
Yes, I get you, but my comments are strictly from an observer's point of view, not from the alleged 'victim's.
Even your questions demonstrate that you'd like to know the true facts of what occurred, regardless of the fact that the victim has been legally silenced.
If dem wan talk weytin really happen, you go close ear? :rotf:
No naw! How I go close ears? I go wan hear the tin well-well :tic: :tic:
Oho!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Odas wrote:
jette1 wrote:
joplass wrote:A woman in a hotel room in Las Vegas.
ol boi eno matter if na your wife for inside your bedroom; if the woman say you rape am thats all that matters
Bros Jette1: I have to disagree with you on this one. What you stated is one of the believes causing problems in marriages today. A husband wants to do something and the wife says "no." Then the husband "steals" it. In the end, the husband has RAPED his wife. On the other hand, when the wife does the same thing, it is ok.

My position in all of these is: A woman should not get married if she is into it to RULE (control) her husband, or to ruin a man's life because of sex. He steals it; trouble, he goes out to get it elsewhere, then he is a "cheater." Wow! What has the world become?

The "average man" out there needs SEX and FOOD, else "troble go pontulize", according to Zebrudayia.
By 'steal it', do you mean force yourself on her?
A quick question?
1. Are you married?
2. Have you ever 'stolen' it? :?:

Exodus 20:15
15 “You shall not steal.

Stealing is wrong even through the judiciary
Surah Baqarah (2:188)
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well yall have to not trust many of these women, I do recall one of my ex , we got into a huge fight , so she was on the phone and we were going back and forth with her, mind you we had no contact in person for over a month, ( she lived in another state) as you know i get sharp mouth , blast am die, the thing enter, next thing she had no come back.. all she came up with what to call-me a rapist..I was like sho, why? she said well i sounded like one because she had nothing else to say .. the bottom-line is yes some women are raped abused etc, and those men/boys should be punished ..H

However there are some who are big time liars, money seeking low lives..they will say anything to make some small green .. Howmany folks are currently in state or county jail accused or serving long term prison sentences for rape

There was this one young high-school /college freshman student who had his life ruined because the girl lied and said rape etc

[/video]
SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Well yall have to not trust many of these women, I do recall one of my ex , we got into a huge fight , so she was on the phone and we were going back and forth with her, mind you we had no contact in person for over a month, ( she lived in another state) as you know i get sharp mouth , blast am die, the thing enter, next thing she had no come back.. all she came up with what to call-me a rapist..I was like sho, why? she said well i sounded like one because she had nothing else to say .. the bottom-line is yes some women are raped abused etc, and those men/boys should be punished ..H

However there are some who are big time liars, money seeking low lives..they will say anything to make some small green .. Howmany folks are currently in state or county jail accused or serving long term prison sentences for rape

There was this one young high-school /college freshman student who had his life ruined because the girl lied and said rape etc

[/video]
What is going on right now is scary my man.
Just two weeks ago we had a very close encounter, one of my friends almost went down on a sexual abuse case, and his greatest luck is that only two male policemen turned up, and they were prepared to listen to his side of the story.
But they said anytime the girl decides to pursue the issue again, they will have no choice but to look for him and go through procedure.
And the way it all happened, i was shocked that all of a sudden police were called and the girl all of a sudden went into a state of distress.
I find it shameful that some women can play around with such a serious thing as sexual abuse or rape and exaggerate things

However i don't know what happened with this Ronaldo case, so we just wait and see details emerge
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cito wrote:
Odas wrote:
jette1 wrote:
joplass wrote:A woman in a hotel room in Las Vegas.
ol boi eno matter if na your wife for inside your bedroom; if the woman say you rape am thats all that matters
Bros Jette1: I have to disagree with you on this one. What you stated is one of the believes causing problems in marriages today. A husband wants to do something and the wife says "no." Then the husband "steals" it. In the end, the husband has RAPED his wife. On the other hand, when the wife does the same thing, it is ok.

My position in all of these is: A woman should not get married if she is into it to RULE (control) her husband, or to ruin a man's life because of sex. He steals it; trouble, he goes out to get it elsewhere, then he is a "cheater." Wow! What has the world become?

The "average man" out there needs SEX and FOOD, else "troble go pontulize", according to Zebrudayia.
By 'steal it', do you mean force yourself on her?
Bros, if by "forcing myself on her" and she doesn't do same to me, then it gives credence to the word/meaning; "RAPE." However, a little touch here and there and et al, and somewhere along the line, a "no" becomes yes, then it is not a forceful event, but rather a coerced encounter (was stolen). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cito wrote:A quick question?
1. Are you married?
Yes
Cito wrote:2. Have you ever 'stolen' it? :?:
I decline to answer this one
Cito wrote:Exodus 20:15
15 “You shall not steal.
Stealing is wrong even through the judiciary
Surah Baqarah (2:188)
Well, na Exodus sabi. Man must wack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or I will get it elsewhere
Last edited by Odas on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Well yall have to not trust many of these women, I do recall one of my ex , we got into a huge fight , so she was on the phone and we were going back and forth with her, mind you we had no contact in person for over a month, ( she lived in another state) as you know i get sharp mouth , blast am die, the thing enter, next thing she had no come back.. all she came up with what to call-me a rapist..I was like sho, why? she said well i sounded like one because she had nothing else to say .. the bottom-line is yes some women are raped abused etc, and those men/boys should be punished ..H

[/video]

So, out of the blues, she just called you a RAPIST :laugh: ......Hmmmmmm, this your story get k-leg.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

iworo wrote:

[/video]
So, out of the blues, she just called you a RAPIST :laugh: ......Hmmmmmm, this your story get k-leg .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I say "Bigpokey24" na REAL mumu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Worst still, he claims to have "analytical skill." :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote:

[/video]

So, out of the blues, she just called you a RAPIST :laugh: ......Hmmmmmm, this your story get k-leg.
bottomline, i will tell you something you may not be aware of.Every single woman on earth is crazy. I mean every single one of them.
SuperEagles

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
iworo wrote:

[/video]

bottomline, i will tell you something you may not be aware of.Every single woman on earth is crazy. I mean every single one of them.
If you feel that way about all the women in your life. Then, who am I to argue with your "observations" or your superior knowledge? :P
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

[/video]

Please read the article, it's nothing like this video you have posted.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

iworo wrote:

[/video]

I was gonna say something to that but kept my cool to avoid insults. K-leg is an understatement.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."