Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simy Nwankwo , Nwakali Dropped, Isaac Success

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:You’re not making sense :boo:
You hardly make sense.
Are u not the thing that wanted Giwa as Nff after fifa banned him? Yea... that’s very sensible :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:So you want to compare Simy (unknown) that’s was scoring in seria A to a bunch of backwater league guys like babatunde, uchebo, nwafor, Reuben etc okay 0. In addition to it, Sony was called up due to injury to starts and “open position”. Anyway, let’s just respect the dead sha atleast he got us to round of 16 even though our 2018 was better and we had a tougher group. RIP big boss
He played a few games in Serie A and now dropped back to B whoopti dooo. Even useless Makinwa lasted longer in Serie A, doesn't mean they are good. Babatunde actually performed well at the World Cup and was playing in the same league as your boy toy Musa, so I'm wondering why you listed him...Anyways, 2014 performed better so yes Keshi deserves all the praise for taking these backwater guys to the round of 16, something the great Rohr couldn't do with his Serie A players :rotf:

You’re not making sense :boo:
How is Mak doing these days?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Are u not the thing that wanted Giwa as Nff after fifa banned him? Yea... that’s very sensible :laugh:
When Pinnick showed face for Eyinmba Semi-Final they lost, bad luck carrier.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ebere Eze should have been invited. I don't know what Rhor is waiting for.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote:Ebere Eze should have been invited. I don't know what Rhor is waiting for.
Why? At who's expense?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

ohenhen1 wrote:
fabio wrote:If it was keshi who picked Simy, all we will hear is drop rate,drop rate.....

The agents already got what they wanted from his world cup inclusion.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Simy making our World Cup Squad.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mystic wrote:
There was absolutely nothing wrong with Simy making our World Cup Squad.

Former Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Peter Rufai is worried that the managers of the senior national team has made inclusion in the squad an all comers affair.
Rather than stick to the best available Nigerian players, Rufai says the coaches no longer look at pedigree before calling players to the national team.

Speaking in Lagos on Tuesday, Rufai said it is unfortunate that players who do not play regularly for their teams and others in obscure clubs now dominate the Super Eagles.

Arguing that the Super Eagles is not a place to advertise players, the former Go Ahead Eagles of Holland star said the players’ performance and calibre of clubs they played should determine their invitation to the Super Eagles as was the practice in the past.

Rufai urged the Eagles’ coaches to create a standard and raise the competition for places in the national team if they desired to take Nigeria back to its glory days.

“I don’t think there is a set standard a player should attain before his invitation to the Super Eagles these days.

“You have to resort to Google to find out details of some players we parade in the national team now. But in our days your performance and the club you play for determined your invitation.

“During my days I was looking forward to taking over from Emmanuel Okala, Best Ogedegbe, Joe Erico and Peter Fregene.

But now people stroll into the national team from obscurity. This is not good for our football,” he said.

Meanwhile, another former Nigerian Goalkeeper, Ike Shorunmu has advised national team coach, Gernot Rohr to maintain a high level of hard work and persistence if the team were to come out good not just in the qualifiers, but also during the African Nations Cup competition proper, reports footballlive.ng.

Shorunmu said continuous hard work would help thee coaches correct some anomaly in the team, adding that the play

https://guardian.ng/sport/super-eagles- ... ied-rufai/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Ebere Eze should have been invited. I don't know what Rhor is waiting for.
Why? At who's expense?

We don't have any creative midfielder in this team. Just a bunch of DMs who are painfully average.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Rufai was spewing a load of BS here, to be honest.
He needs to provide a list of players who 'play regularly for non-obscure clubs' that were intentionally not invited for his argument to have ANY credibility.

Common sense would have suggested to Rufai that nowadays, you have a whole lot more young Nigerian players plying their trades overseas, hence, it will be extremely likely that some players might not have the spotlight on them, especially those outside of the English premiership - but that does not mean they are not capable of competing for a spot in the NT. Those who have not measured up to par have been discarded. Its funny, a similar argument was posited when Carl Ikeme first came to the scene, only for people to then realize he was a top notch keeper.
fabio wrote: Former Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Peter Rufai is worried that the managers of the senior national team has made inclusion in the squad an all comers affair.
Rather than stick to the best available Nigerian players, Rufai says the coaches no longer look at pedigree before calling players to the national team.

Speaking in Lagos on Tuesday, Rufai said it is unfortunate that players who do not play regularly for their teams and others in obscure clubs now dominate the Super Eagles.

Arguing that the Super Eagles is not a place to advertise players, the former Go Ahead Eagles of Holland star said the players’ performance and calibre of clubs they played should determine their invitation to the Super Eagles as was the practice in the past.

Rufai urged the Eagles’ coaches to create a standard and raise the competition for places in the national team if they desired to take Nigeria back to its glory days.

“I don’t think there is a set standard a player should attain before his invitation to the Super Eagles these days.

“You have to resort to Google to find out details of some players we parade in the national team now. But in our days your performance and the club you play for determined your invitation.

“During my days I was looking forward to taking over from Emmanuel Okala, Best Ogedegbe, Joe Erico and Peter Fregene.

But now people stroll into the national team from obscurity. This is not good for our football,” he said.

Meanwhile, another former Nigerian Goalkeeper, Ike Shorunmu has advised national team coach, Gernot Rohr to maintain a high level of hard work and persistence if the team were to come out good not just in the qualifiers, but also during the African Nations Cup competition proper, reports footballlive.ng.

Shorunmu said continuous hard work would help thee coaches correct some anomaly in the team, adding that the play

https://guardian.ng/sport/super-eagles- ... ied-rufai/
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

No list is perfect but this Rohr's list is as close to perfection as possible. Good to see Isaac Success given a chance to return and equally happy with the omission of Kelechi Nwakali who has - for me - been disappointing relative to expectations. Hopefully, with Mikel given time to heal his injury, Iwobi gets an opportunity to start in a creative role behind Success (as opposed to Ighalo). My 2 cents.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Couldn't agree more with your summary here.
green4life wrote:No list is perfect but this Rohr's list is as close to perfection as possible. Good to see Isaac Success given a chance to return and equally happy with the omission of Kelechi Nwakali who has - for me - been disappointing relative to expectations. Hopefully, with Mikel given time to heal his injury, Iwobi gets an opportunity to start in a creative role behind Success (as opposed to Ighalo). My 2 cents.