Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

KPOM. When SAF was collecting trophies, everyone forgot that the debt repayments were draining money out of the club. Now that results are disappointing, attention will turn to the "Glazernomics" again.
benteke wrote: The club has spent more on financing the Glazers' investment than on player purchases.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

pajimoh wrote:The Glazers used Man United's money to own Man United. A very neat trick. A legal 4 wan Naine
They call it leveraged buy outs, and such legalised scams have a history of ruining perfectly good organisations.
Manchester United is currently being milked heavily since 2005.
With luck it can escape the whole episode intact and remain the great club it was on the football pitch.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

he 33-year-old, who reports said had fallen out with Mourinho, returned to the team for Tuesday's 0-0 draw with Valencia in the Champions League.

After the game, he liked a picture of himself which had the caption: "It's time for Mourinho to go."

The Ecuadorian later wrote he liked the post "without reading the text".

"These are not my views and I apologise for this," the full-back said on Twitter. "I am fully supportive of the manager and my team-mates. We are all giving our everything to improve the results."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:What is going on at Manure/ Valencia "liking" Maurinho must go post? :shock: :scared:

Look at how fat United players look, see.Valencia,then you look at Lukaku another fat one. Do they train in that club?
Uncle i hope you will not blame Jose for this too.The players are not serious acting like boxers and not in shape
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:What is going on at Manure/ Valencia "liking" Maurinho must go post? :shock: :scared:

Look at how fat United players look, see.Valencia,then you look at Lukaku another fat one. Do they train in that club?
Uncle i hope you will not blame Jose for this too.The players are not serious acting like boxers and not in shape
Then the manager should not have played a player with no visible 6 pack...me sef wey don retire almost 30years i still get about 3 left :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Summing up the United fan experience at Old Trafford

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/cham ... ear-doubt/
There is a unique mood to be found within the stadium of an underachieving big club. Where usually supporters hurry excitedly through turnstiles in anticipation of being entertained, now they traipse with a sense of dread at what will follow. A jovial smile to the season ticket holders around them is replaced by raised eyebrows, sighs and the repeated rhetorical conjecture of which side will turn up this week. Songs and chants, for so long bellowed to bestow adoration upon heroes and thank them for their excellence, now serve as a desperate urge for them to improve. In such circumstances, the typical question has slowly been twisted: “How many will we win by?” becomes “Will we win?”. Success had indoctrinated Manchester United supporters against the fear of failure. Now fear and doubt is all they have. It pours down from the stands in every sigh and groan that meets a misplaced pass or missed chance, and the boos that rained at full-time.

Tuesday night brought that most unusual of Manchester United occurrences: empty seats. Some at kick off and many more by the time a miserable match had ended. They have been in the post for some time. When a pocket of supporters high up in the East Stand sung in support of Jose Mourinho as he rose from the bench, the tune did not catch on. If not all match-going supporters have fully been converted to Mourinho non-believers, most are firm sceptics. Defensive disorganisation

There was at least a will to improve upon Saturday’s fare, but you will note the damnation with faint praise. Marcus Rashford – United’s best player – snapped at the heels of Cristiano Piccini and hit the bar late on as the central midfield pushed higher and pressed harder than it has in weeks. Mourinho insisted in his programme notes that “every player must be exhausted” at the end of every game. You suspect the manager had seen the miserable sprint statistics from the West Ham defeat.

But – and there is always a but or three with this Manchester United – the defensive disorganisation remains. Michy Batshuayi and Rodrigo Moreno, two failed Premier League strikers, were able to receive the ball to feet and turn far too easily. Antonio Valencia was left helpless at right-back as Rodrigo drifted out wide to create an overlap. It was the visitors who created the clearest openings before the final 15 minutes, even if most were wasted. Most disconcertingly, there is a lack of crispness to United’s passing that has become the club’s new norm. Whilst Valencia fizzed the ball into feet and swept cross-field passes to start counter attacks, the home side played at three-quarter tempo, at best. Players take too many touches and fractions of a second too long to make decisions. After his appointment, Mourinho said he needed time to rid the team of their Louis van Gaal sluggishness. It may remain after he has gone.

In the context of the Champions League group, a draw against Valencia is no disaster. Marcelino’s team were soundly beaten at home by Juventus in matchday one even after the sending-off of Cristiano Ronaldo, while Manchester United’s heavy victory in Switzerland means that two draws should probably be sufficient for knockout stage qualification. But such is the severity of Mourinho’s situation, even Champions League qualification is cast as a sideshow. After the draw against Wolves, Mourinho demanded that his fringe players impressed against Derby County; they failed to heed his words. After cup exit, Mourinho demanded an improved performance and result against West Ham; again that demand was not matched. His words fall on demotivated ears. Last chance saloon

The players are not blameless. Every defender has covered themselves in ignominy at one time or another over the last six months. Every attacking player sits on the spectrum of ‘could do better’; Sanchez is closer to ‘could he actually do something?’. But those who accuse these players of downing tools are missing the point. If your boss had publicly accused you and your colleagues of lacking effort and quality as a method of transparent self-preservation having done exactly the same at his previous company, would you be enthused to work at your maximum?

The Champions League is the tumbler of whisky on the rocks in Jose Mourinho’s last-chance saloon, and boy does he need to make that amber liquor last. The Premier League title is out of reach with less than a fifth of the league season played, so the only way that Manchester United can do more than tread water this season is by matching Liverpool’s achievement in reaching the final of Europe’s premier club competition. Everything else – top-four finish, FA Cup victory, quarter-final elimination in Europe – comes with an unflattering comparison to one of United’s peers. That improbable mission would be a daunting prospect even without the deafening clangs of current crisis. Manchester United, that pillar of European football, have won one knockout Champions League match since May 2011, under David Moyes. The lingering question is whether Mourinho even survives long enough to try and emulate Moyes. His critics might suggest that he is already doing a passable impression.

/

--------------------------------------------
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The guy has apologized on twitter for liking that post. Well well ....
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote: Look at how fat United players look, see.Valencia,then you look at Lukaku another fat one. Do they train in that club?
Mourinho questioned the guy's professionalism with regards to his shape in pre season, and everyone went mad
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its Mourinho job to make sure the players are in shape
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

marko wrote:Its Mourinho job to make sure the players are in shape
Absolutely. You can complain during preseason if players return in horrible shape but we are already in October. Something is just not right with this clown being in charge at Manchester United. The sluggish movement is not limited to Antonio Valencia, most of them move like pregnant women during matches.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Absolutely. You can complain during preseason if players return in horrible shape but we are already in October. Something is just not right with this clown being in charge at Manchester United. The sluggish movement is not limited to Antonio Valencia, most of them move like pregnant women during matches.
yep
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Why put in effort when you are already overpaid :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

reason why we need a new direction

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

he's lost confidence
the manager is not inspiring him

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

F360 wrote: This was also after he'd decided rather than congratulate Pogba on the WC win(to the media...since we know Mou loves to use the media for his gain) he decided to say this--- http://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-u ... d-cup-form
next time...show the ENTIRE clip, not the snippet the media want to use as clickbait

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Now Sanchez wants out from United, the club is in complete disarray, why are they running this club like a 3rd world country?
the board needs to get a grip of the situation, Sanchez was a luxury player that was not needed, the only thing he has done is stifled the growth of rashford and martial, if he was playing well, i could understand but so far has been a total flop!

Those wages are too high, they should look to offload him so they can free up some money for any potential new buys

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/05/alexis-s ... e-8007900/

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

and now this as well, De Gea is fed up as well, If this keeper asks for a transfer, they will sack Mourinho within a couple of hours

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/05/david-de ... d-8007601/

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Manchester United have been owned by the Glazers for 13 years. No wonder they’re struggling

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ter-united
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:and now this as well, De Gea is fed up as well, If this keeper asks for a transfer, they will sack Mourinho within a couple of hours

:thumbs: :thumbs: No player is bigger than the club,De Gea has been poor so far this season and it has nothing to do with Jose,We all watch the world cup.You don't want to pay Jose all his money for the contract he has sign,Manu will pay like 60 million for sacking him.Hope he stay and lead you guys to bottom of the table.None of you protest against his hiring when he was employed.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:and now this as well, De Gea is fed up as well, If this keeper asks for a transfer, they will sack Mourinho within a couple of hours

:thumbs: :thumbs: No player is bigger than the club,De Gea has been poor so far this season and it has nothing to do with Jose,We all watch the world cup.You don't want to pay Jose all his money for the contract he has sign,Manu will pay like 60 million for sacking him.Hope he stay and lead you guys to bottom of the table.None of you protest against his hiring when he was employed.
Where did you get that from?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its actually 12 million not 60

Marko
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Gary Neville's emotional response to Jose Mourinho news - branding Manchester United "rotten to the core"

[/video]

FULL TRANSCRIPT: The former Manchester United defender savagely hit out at the club following Mirror Sport's exclusive

"No. To be honest with you Kelly I'm furious. I'm furious going back three, four years ago when David Moyes was sacked, when it broke a day before to journalists.

"I think of Louis van Gaal being sacked the day before a cup final and finding out from other people. I think about how the club is being operated

"If this is true, we don't know if it's true, but if this is true, and Jose Mourinho is going to walk out at Old Trafford tomorrow almost like a dead man walking, those fans will absolutely turn towards that boardroom.

"It's unacceptable, and I have to say that Jose Mourinho will get the biggest support he's ever had in his life tomorrow in that ground. And I'll be there to give it to him.

"Because look, at the end of the day this been going on for five or six years, and I have to say that any manager... Jose Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, and I think in this moment in time any manager would struggle in that football club.

"The way in which the recruitment's handled, the way in which it operates... and enough's enough for me.

"I love that football club. I absolutely love it to death. It's been my life. It's given me everything, and I have to say that something has to change and it isn't the manager, it's above that.

"I'm furious as I sit here thinking that there's a report that broken out. Journalists don't break stories of this nature unless they're absolutely certain. I hope it's not true, but if it is true I think it's an absolute disgrace.

"It's coming to a point where by when you've have an opportunity to appoint three or four managers, and this is the fourth manager in six years, you to start looking at not the manager, but the people who are appointed the manager, the people who are bringing in the players, the people who are sanctioning the deals, the people who are spending on players, the people who are allowing the tail to wag the dog.

"The dressing room is leading what's happening, the tail is wagging the dog at the football club.

"Get some control back. Get some leadership. For me, at this moment in time, I'm furious. It's been coming for three or four weeks.

"Undermining Jose on the eve of the season, explaining to journalists why he couldn't sign those centre-backs.

"Who is qualified in that football club to be able to tell Jose Mourinho that Alderweireld, Maguire or Boateng are not better than the centre-backs they've got?

"Who is qualified in that football club? There's only two people I can think of and they wouldn't have been consulted, in fact we know they weren't consulted. Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson.

"So for me, like I say I've reacted maybe a little bit emotionally, but like I say I don't particularly care any more to be honest, in respect of what I say.

"You can say it's unprofessional but I have to speak as a fan and what I feel, and at the end of the day I'm on Sky Sports, I'm here as someone who offers a level of neutrality.

"It's difficult running a football club. Its difficult managing a football club. It's difficult playing in a football team. It's not always easy, there are lots of challenges.

"But what you have to do is make sure you operate in the right manner, and I have to say in this moment in time there is something rotten to the core of the decisions that have been made in last four or five years, and it has to be coming from the top.

"If I'm the person who employs the guy underneath me and he fails, eventually I've got to take responsibility for it. Eventually I've got to stand up and say I'm not good enough to do this.

"And the people in the boardroom at this moment in time, if you look at who has overseen the football operation, are nowhere near good enough, not qualified. They're playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world.

"Stop it. Put people in who are qualified. And so, this is a big story that's breaking, and tomorrow I might look stupid, but these thoughts still ring true.

"I hope Jose's there next week. I actually like Jose Mourinho.

"When I saw that interview before the game tonight I was sad. I'm sad if he goes. And I have to say that looking at his face, he looked tired, he looked beaten, he looked fed up, he looked like he'd had enough.

"The players look they've had enough, the players look beaten. And I know some of those players and some of them are really good lads. They're not bad lads. They're not sat there thinking I don't want to play well for Manchester United , but they just... anyway it is what it is. Let's hope Liverpool and City both lose at the weekend!

"They knew what they were getting when they signed Jose Mourinho.

"He's cantankerous, he's somebody who doesn't back down from confrontation, he will want teams who are ready to win now, and they undermined him in the summer.

"You can't undermine your manager, simple as that."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirr ... 370703.amp