Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bepanda
Egg
Egg
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by bepanda »

It is now confirmed. Mourinho will be gone by mid next week either though buy-out or firing.
United and Mourinho were never a good fit. Period.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Odds tumbling like the towers of Babylon. A whole José Mourinho. Chai!!!
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

bepanda wrote:It is now confirmed. Mourinho will be gone by mid next week either though buy-out or firing.
Can you tell us what team is a perfect fit with Mourinho?
KK
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:and now this as well, De Gea is fed up as well, If this keeper asks for a transfer, they will sack Mourinho within a couple of hours

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/05/david-de ... d-8007601/
David De Gea is ‘fed up’ with Jose Mourinho’s reign at Manchester United, according to reports.
Marko.

Do you believe EVERYTHING you read in the media...esp re United?
You still have not answered my question about when in Aug 2018 Martial/Pogba would be sold

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote: "If this is true, we don't know if it's true, but if this is true, and Jose Mourinho is going to walk out at Old Trafford tomorrow almost like a dead man walking, those fans will absolutely turn towards that boardroom.

"It's unacceptable, and I have to say that Jose Mourinho will get the biggest support he's ever had in his life tomorrow in that ground. And I'll be there to give it to him.

"Because look, at the end of the day this been going on for five or six years, and I have to say that any manager... Jose Mourinho is one of the best managers in the world, and I think in this moment in time any manager would struggle in that football club
Question for the naysayers....and Marko

Why would Gary Neville support Jose?
Maybe..just maybe, the problem is NOT the manager, but the ogas at the top
(as i have been telling you guys forever)

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

There are so many teams in the world ... I know the ones that have refused to give him a job, when he was jobless ...
FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich refused to give him a job, when he begs them.
In 2008, the then Real Madrid president refused to give him a job too, when they had an opening. He later coached at Madrid, but not long.
I don't see him coaching a top 6 team in England again.
He enjoyed his time at Inter Milan (thanks to Samuel Eto'o), maybe he might go back there.
I can see him take over at teams like Everton, West Ham, Fulham, ... etc.
Bepanda
Kunle wrote:
bepanda wrote:It is now confirmed. Mourinho will be gone by mid next week either though buy-out or firing.
Can you tell us what team is a perfect fit with Mourinho?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:
let's just discuss facts.
Jose - the ONLY manager who is not allowed to buy/replace

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap:
let's just discuss facts.
Jose - the ONLY manager who is not allowed to buy/replace

5 games sweet o
DNA no good o
You obviously are not.interested in the truth, else Totteham is there and they are ahead of United with theirnlimited squad.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Accuses me of copy and paste, the evidence is all there on ground! no amount of sugar coating can disguise the fact we have a highly talented squad with a clueless manager!

Give United to pep and see the results, he made city play football on the ground where it should be played, not high balls to the head of Felliani after soending 300 million pounds, the board should not give him another penny!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

Can someone enlighten me on what happened in the dressing room at half time.
I heard Mourinho say something along the lines of how he had a good chat with the team about tactics and players also had suggestions. Is it only Pogba who did so
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

I heard Mourinho say something along the lines of how he had a good chat with the team about tactics and players also had suggestions. Is it only Pogba who did so
Pogba offered to drop deep as united could not play from the back, he told Mourinho to bring on Felliani to play an advanced role, think thats what did the trick, the same guy you took the captaincy from saves your job!

Hope this becomes a humbling experience for Mourinho, without Pogba that team lacks any type of creativity, maybe a Mata or Herrera but they are not on Pogba level, Mourinho will not win a player power war with or without the backing of the board!

They want to play attacking football, give them a formation for them to do just that! against Chelsea, it will be a different ball game! we will have to use real defenders and no make shift, If bailly or Lindelof are not technical players, then frigging teach them, Pep taught his team how to play from the back, no point running to the transfer market when the talent is right in your face
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

Pogba offered to drop deep as united could not play from the back, he told Mourinho to bring on Felliani to play an advanced role, think thats what did the trick, the same guy you took the captaincy from saves your job!

Hope this becomes a humbling experience for Mourinho, without Pogba that team lacks any type of creativity, maybe a Mata or Herrera but they are not on Pogba level, Mourinho will not win a player power war with or without the backing of the board!

They want to play attacking football, give them a formation for them to do just that! against Chelsea, it will be a different ball game! we will have to use real defenders and no make shift, If bailly or Lindelof are not technical players, then frigging teach them, Pep taught his team how to play from the back, no point running to the transfer market when the talent is right in your face
Jose will beat Chelsea, he knows it will be bad if Chelsea win then you guys face inform Juve and a return of Ronaldo ,then Everton.If those 3 games go all bad his head will be inside pot...
Chelsea unbeaten run should be stop by manu,this can give Arsenal a chance to move third :clap: hoping Liverpool and city also some how drop points.We must make the title race 5 man race at worst
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

Jose will beat Chelsea, he knows it will be bad if Chelsea win then you guys face inform Juve and a return of Ronaldo ,then Everton.If those 3 games go all bad his head will be inside pot...
Chelsea unbeaten run should be stop by manu,this can give Arsenal a chance to move third :clap: hoping Liverpool and city also some how drop points.We must make the title race 5 man race at worst
Kajifufu gerrout - we are discussing big teams here not Everton and Arsenal.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

hahaha :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:Accuses me of copy and paste, the evidence is all there on ground! no amount of sugar coating can disguise the fact we have a highly talented squad with a clueless manager!

Give United to pep and see the results, he made city play football on the ground where it should be played, not high balls to the head of Felliani after soending 300 million pounds, the board should not give him another penny!
LOL Thiefco is a brainwashed clown. The truth stares him in the face, but he ignores it and cherry picks twitter posts :lol: . But nooooo blame the "board" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

this guy gets it!!!

5 games sweet o
DNA not good o

Beloved is learning to be big again make Arsenal great aagain (MAGA)
We will finish above you guys and win major trophies along...
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Accuses me of copy and paste, the evidence is all there on ground! no amount of sugar coating can disguise the fact we have a highly talented squad with a clueless manager!

Fair points Marko, but i cannot be certain how Guardiola would fare with this exact squad.

But one point i keep repeating is that, yes this squad posesses some expensive and talented individuals, but it is a very unbalanced team. Its a flawed squad, when you look at the right wing it is very weak.
If you look at the strike force, when Lukaku goes out of form you have problems.

Anyway that is one thing where fingers can be pointed at both Mourinho and he board, they are on their 3rd season and they have failed to work together to make it a balanced squad. But not forgetting Mourinho says he gave the board a list of names many months ago, maybe he tried and the board failed him.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:

Fair points Marko, but i cannot be certain how Guardiola would fare with this exact squad.

But one point i keep repeating is that, yes this squad posesses some expensive and talented individuals, but it is a very unbalanced team. Its a flawed squad, when you look at the right wing it is very weak.
If you look at the strike force, when Lukaku goes out of form you have problems.

Anyway that is one thing where fingers can be pointed at both Mourinho and he board, they are on their 3rd season and they have failed to work together to make it a balanced squad. But not forgetting Mourinho says he gave the board a list of names many months ago, maybe he tried and the board failed him.
Whenever something goes wrong he blames someone else. Back when things went sour, he blamed Chelsea's board, now he is blaming Manures board :lol: :lol: What is Mourinho's style of play? They have signed 11 players since he became manager, is there any pattern that you can discern with these signing?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:

Whenever something goes wrong he blames someone else. Back when things went sour, he blamed Chelsea's board, now he is blaming Manures board :lol: :lol: What is Mourinho's style of play? They have signed 11 players since he became manager, is there any pattern that you can discern with these signing?
I'm not too privy of what went down at Chelsea, but i remember Emenalo left also.
Conte too.

Anyway on United issues, all I'm saying is he did say that many months ago he gave the board a list of names he wanted possibly so that he gets to do what he wanted.
If the agreement when he took the job was that he was going to be backed and then it didn't happen then i don't know what to say.
On this one as i say i am pointing fingers at both of them, Mourinho and the board have failed to work nicely together to make United great again.

On his playing style, we all know how he does things, the board hired him in full knowledge of this, i can point to Inter team he managed when we talk of his playing style.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Manchester United players' contract expiry dates

Summer 2019

1 Ander Herrera
2 Luke Shaw
3 Juan Mata
4 Antonio Valencia *
5 Phil Jones *
6 Chris Smalling *
7 Matteo Darmian *
8 Anthony Martial *
9 David de Gea *
10 James Wilson *
11 Andreas Pereira *
12 Ashley Young

Summer 2020

13 Dean Henderson *
14 Marcus Rashford *
15 Eric Bailly *
16 Timothy Fosu-Mensah *
17 Cameron Borthwick-Jackson *
18 Nemanja Matic *
19 Marouane Fellaini *
20 Lee Grant
21 Demetri Mitchell *

Summer 2021

22 Jesse Lingard *
23 Paul Pogba *
24 Victor Lindelof *
25 Joel Pereira *
26 Sergio Romero *
27 Scott McTominay *
28 Marcos Rojo *

Summer 2022

29 Romelu Lukaku *
30 Alexis Sanchez *

Summer 2023

31 Fred *
32 Diogo Dalot *

*Option of an additional year
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

YemiBrazil wrote:Manchester United players' contract expiry dates

Summer 2019

1 Ander Herrera
2 Luke Shaw
3 Juan Mata
4 Antonio Valencia *
5 Phil Jones *
6 Chris Smalling *
7 Matteo Darmian *
8 Anthony Martial *
9 David de Gea *
10 James Wilson *
11 Andreas Pereira *
12 Ashley Young

Summer 2020

13 Dean Henderson *
14 Marcus Rashford *
15 Eric Bailly *
16 Timothy Fosu-Mensah *
17 Cameron Borthwick-Jackson *
18 Nemanja Matic *
19 Marouane Fellaini *
20 Lee Grant
21 Demetri Mitchell *

Summer 2021

22 Jesse Lingard *
23 Paul Pogba *
24 Victor Lindelof *
25 Joel Pereira *
26 Sergio Romero *
27 Scott McTominay *
28 Marcos Rojo *

Summer 2022

29 Romelu Lukaku *
30 Alexis Sanchez *

Summer 2023

31 Fred *
32 Diogo Dalot *

*Option of an additional year
De Gea ....
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How can DDG's contract be expiring next year? I thought he signed an extension only last season?

Worried about potential for Andrew Smith, Luke Shaw, Martial, and Pereira leaving on a free. All are very talented, and have been under-used or misused.