One cold Star beer..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: One cold Star beer..

Post by jette1 »

cic old boy wrote:
jette1 wrote: but these are mostly the 1980s Rangers; equally good but not the dreaded 70s Rangers. I dont see sam okoronkwo, ufele, nwobodo etc
Stanley
:thumbs: :thumbs:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cic old boy wrote:
azuka wrote:
That can't be Odiye because i doubt if he ever played for the SE again after the own goal against Tunisia in the race for the 1978 World Cup. Remember he never even made the 1980 ANC winning team if my memory is correct.
Odiye came back after 1978, this time he was based in the US. He was part of the 1980 ANC squad. I think he made appearances as a sub during the WC 82 qualifiers.
Odiye's last appearance was at the 80 ANC and he was pretty much done at this time. He could not even.dislodge Tunde Bamidele(rip) from his favored center half positioned as he had to.play as a dm during the finals when he came on for a few minutes.I believe this was.the match we lost to Algeria in Lagos when.they broight back Usiyen and Andrew Atuegbu to help beef up the team and CCC was called out of retirement.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bully12 wrote:
Honestly 70's Rangers are most revered and fearsome team I have seen in my lifetime . To name a few Emeka Onyedika, Harrison Mecha, Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Kenneth Ilodibe , Dominic Ezeani , Nwabueze Nwankwo, Ernest Ufele , Chimezie Ngadi, Motimor Okoroigwe, masters of them all Christain Chukwu and Man mountain Okala. I loved this team to death . When I was leaving late 70's Nigeria I was shedding tears because of the thought of
missing my darling team. Less I forget Dominic Nwobodo and Mathias Obianaka. For me this is best team that ever walked on the surface of earth. I have never loved any team like like this team maybe Phil slama jama Houston Cougars in the beginning of eighties.
Ilodigwe.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
azuka wrote:
That can't be Odiye because i doubt if he ever played for the SE again after the own goal against Tunisia in the race for the 1978 World Cup. Remember he never even made the 1980 ANC winning team if my memory is correct.
Odiye came back after 1978, this time he was based in the US. He was part of the 1980 ANC squad. I think he made appearances as a sub during the WC 82 qualifiers.
Odiye's last appearance was at the 80 ANC and he was pretty much done at this time. He could not even.dislodge Tunde Bamidele(rip) from his favored center half positioned as he had to.play as a dm during the finals when he came on for a few minutes.I believe this was.the match we lost to Algeria in Lagos when.they broight back Usiyen and Andrew Atuegbu to help beef up the team and CCC was called out of retirement.

this was Espana '82 qualifiers. Likely in 1981.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

cic old boy wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Honestly 70's Rangers are most revered and fearsome team I have seen in my lifetime . To name a few Emeka Onyedika, Harrison Mecha, Ogidi Ibeabuchi, Kenneth Ilodibe , Dominic Ezeani , Nwabueze Nwankwo, Ernest Ufele , Chimezie Ngadi, Motimor Okoroigwe, masters of them all Christain Chukwu and Man mountain Okala. I loved this team to death . When I was leaving late 70's Nigeria I was shedding tears because of the thought of
missing my darling team. Less I forget Dominic Nwobodo and Mathias Obianaka. For me this is best team that ever walked on the surface of earth. I have never loved any team like like this team maybe Phil slama jama Houston Cougars in the beginning of eighties.
Ilodigwe.
Obianika

bully you no lie; there should be a museum in Enugu just for these guys

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
azuka wrote:

this was Espana '82 qualifiers. Likely in 1981.
Yes nau,the only qualifiers Tunji Banjo played in.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

jette1 wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Ilodigwe.
Obianika

bully you no lie; there should be a museum in Enugu just for these guys
Nnamdi Anyafo alias Policeman.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

bouncino wrote:
Nnamdi "Policeman" Anyafo (in red) with ex-Rangers Donald "Stone" Igwebuike and Kenneth "SKB" Boardman in Charlotte, NC.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

cic old boy wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Nnamdi "Policeman" Anyafo (in red) with ex-Rangers Donald "Stone" Igwebuike and Kenneth "SKB" Boardman in Charlotte, NC.
Nice.
I remember the 1977 Africa Winners Cup semi finals second leg against IICC played in Kaduna where he pocketed Segun Odegbami and earned the name Policeman.
Rangers played two left backs in that match (one each half) to stop Mathematical Odegbami. Nnamdi Anyafo and Charles Adimorah.

Good old days.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1978 or 1982?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sir V wrote:Image

1978 or 1982?
Sure it's not 1976? That's Pat Ekeji there, Thompson Usiyen and Muda Lawal coming out of the tunnel. And in mufti nearby is Felix Owolabi, Owo-Blow.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

azuka wrote:
Sir V wrote:Image

1978 or 1982?
Sure it's not 1976? That's Pat Ekeji there, Thompson Usiyen and Muda Lawal coming out of the tunnel. And in mufti nearby is Felix Owolabi, Owo-Blow.
And in front, track suit is the late Coach Sam Garba Okoye. Behind Usiyen, visible, is Godwin Iwelumo.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
azuka wrote:
Huge mistakes for decisions not made by the then coach.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bouncino wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
bouncino wrote:
Nice.
I remember the 1977 Africa Winners Cup semi finals second leg against IICC played in Kaduna where he pocketed Segun Odegbami and earned the name Policeman.
Rangers played two left backs in that match (one each half) to stop Mathematical Odegbami. Nnamdi Anyafo and Charles Adimorah.

Good old days.
arguably the most explosive match ever played in Nigeria; you remember in detail exactly where you watched. I wonder if NTA has a (film) of that match

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

LEGEND

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

jette1 wrote:

LEGEND
This was in Houston last year. EnuguII was there. Odegbami spoke very well. :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/video]