2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs FCB [GP B RD 2]

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:Interesting we have a young Nigerian goalkeeper at Spurs - Oluwayemi

Yes. I read about his last game. First time I'm hearing about him. I don't think he was around or active last season
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs CAD [WK 8]

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to the league we go. A week that is hard to forget but one down to experience. One that allowed Winks to come into his own and show the potential in him.

Against Cardiff we have the chance to return to winning ways and consolidate our position in the top, maybe move up to top 3 at the end of the weekend. This is where we cannot afford to have lapse of concentration as it will be have a detrimental effect to our season going into the international break.

There is still no good news on the injury front as all 5 key players are still in the nursing room. Dele, Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Aurier will be out for a considerable length of time, which isn't a bad thing on the long as this will be their forced opportunity to rest. Lloris is back but completely match rusty. Dier is constantly injury free so never gets a proper chance to go on a forced rest.

I don't expect there to be any major rotation from the team that played in midweek. In will come Rose and Dier and Lloris should retain his position. The lineup I would expect to see is:

• Kane
    • Son * Moura
      • Lamela
    • Winks * Dier

Rose * Sanchez * Toby * Trippier
      • Lloris

The bench is going to be light with offensive players. A few academy players may have to be drafted in as it is getting a little bit critical finding suitable replacements.

COYS!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Will Pocchetino stay?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Lager-back[/color] wrote: Will Pocchetino stay?
Where is he going?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Note worthy in today's lineup:

1. Lamela, who has had a brilliant start to the season, is back on the bench. Poch said he needs to manage him and his game time considering his injury record. Due to lack of game changers on the bench it is perhaps a wise decision.
2. Sissoko starts. Some fans are going to have a meltdown as he is an easy pick on. The truth is Sissoko is effective breaking up the opposition play and so long as he does the simple things without trying to be elaborate he often ends up having a good game. Totally makes sense to start him ahead of Lamela.
3. Lloris back between the sticks. He had a mere on Wednesday. It was shocking how poor a performance he had especially with the first goal. Like outfield players he just needs a run of games to regain his sharpness and this is a good game to help put games under his belt. He is one of the best keepers in the league and he has to be given the chance to regain that spot.
4. Dier starts again. Surely Dier has to be Poch's lovechild because I can't for the life of me think of why he should start ahead of Wanyama who has been playing his way back to his top level of 2 seasons ago while Dier keeps giving the ball away in crucial areas and we get punished for it most often. Maybe Poch wants to use him as a 3rd CB today in the absence of Verts.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii Ndidi needs to work on his back control and passing under pressure .... he just pulled a Xhaka but had the athleticism and endeavor to win the ball back
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Danny Rose is a disgraceful cheat
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Rose with a brilliant move down the left almost gets in on goal but gets a corner kick.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiii Stupid Cardiff

MLK.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dier opens the floodgate.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]anikulapo[/color] wrote: Danny Rose is a disgraceful cheat
Bros, mind ya self. Why will you be angry because he dribbled the entire Cardiff defense?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura dribbles his way into the 18 gives the ball to Sanchez whose shot was blocked by the keeper.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko doing all that is expected of him. Good touches so far.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris was slow off his line and it almost cost us. Thanks to be Toby for clearing the ball off the line.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We need a 2nd goal ASAP to kool down Cardiff's aggression.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Players are coasting. Disrespectful to Cardiff.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

After the goal we have invited Cardiff to attack.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Teasing ball from Trippier to Lucas' head couldn't find the target.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lloris with a perfectly timed intervention.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How did that not go in? Lucas miss a sure bound goal. Son did well to create the chance.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko opened up Son but his shot went over the bar. How many chances are these lads going to waste?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We are a 2nd half team. Let's hope we can move on score more. Mind you, on average 3 goals have been scored in all the matches we have played in the league so far so expect more goals.