Eze gets England call

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Eze gets England call

Post by truetalk »

QPR's Ebere Eze reveals that he'd prefer to represent Nigeria despite ...
Football.London-21 hours ago
Ebere Eze has revealed that he'd rather play for Nigeria than ... Eze was speaking to the club's official periscope channel where he was doing a .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:https://www.football.london/queens-park ... a-15243161

There were reports yesterday that he still said he preferred the Nigeria call. The page has now been deleted.
His advisers have probably told him to accept the England U-20 for now since it technically doesn't change anything.
Just goes to show the pressure the kid is under already.
You'd think we all had our lives perfectly planned at 20yrs of age and never made any bone-headed decisions.
Like you said, it changes nothing accepting the England U20 invite.
He should be allowed to reach his final decision in the fullness of time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

When you read what some educated people write, you can only wonder. We are in a world where any organization that demands growth, has to be proactive. No matter the endeavor, from the tech World, finance, Sports etc, the best managers will poach, or acquire any thing, technology, personnel or company, that can ensure growth, or endanger growth in the future.
Germany, England at the moment are fighting war over the younger Nmecha, whom's brother plays for Man city. They both invited him for u19, and u20. These are people, that are thinking ahead. I thought Pinnic had more sense, I swear.
Get everybody that is impressing, no matter where they play. Tie them down, before they become to big for their shoe laces. That way we clearly, have a large pool for our coaches to pick from.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

okidoki wrote:When you read what some educated people write, you can only wonder. We are in a world where any organization that demands growth, has to be proactive. No matter the endeavor, from the tech World, finance, Sports etc, the best managers will poach, or acquire any thing, technology, personnel or company, that can ensure growth, or endanger growth in the future.
Germany, England at the moment are fighting war over the younger Nmecha, whom's brother plays for Man city. They both invited him for u19, and u20. These are people, that are thinking ahead. I thought Pinnic had more sense, I swear.
Get everybody that is impressing, no matter where they play. Tie them down, before they become to big for their shoe laces. That way we clearly, have a large pool for our coaches to pick from.
But Eze only really came to prominence very recently - in the fact the last few months. Before then he was just a very promising kid. Some will argue that he still is just a promising kid.

Pinnick can't be expected to tie down every promising Nigerian kid on the planet.
You win some you lose some.

Some of them will even resist, not because they are not interested, but becos they could easily become suspicious of a Pinnick that is simply trying to tie-down everything Nigerian that moves. They'll simply smell a rat and before you know it, nobody wants to sign.
I think he needs to move cautiously and tactfully.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Damunk wrote:
okidoki wrote:When you read what some educated people write, you can only wonder. We are in a world where any organization that demands growth, has to be proactive. No matter the endeavor, from the tech World, finance, Sports etc, the best managers will poach, or acquire any thing, technology, personnel or company, that can ensure growth, or endanger growth in the future.
But Eze only really came to prominence very recently - in the fact the last few months. Before then he was just a very promising kid. Some will argue that he still is just a promising kid.

Pinnick can't be expected to tie down every promising Nigerian kid on the planet.

Some of them will even resist, not because they are not interested, but becos they could easily become suspicious of a Pinnick that is simply trying to tie-down everything Nigerian that moves. They'll simply smell a rat and before you know it, nobody wants to sign.
I totally get what you are saying, but Eze's case if we lose out will pain infinitely. For heavens sake, he trained twice with us. We shouldn't even be talking of England, being in the picture.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okidoki wrote:
Damunk wrote:

I totally get what you are saying, but Eze's case if we lose out will pain infinitely. For heavens sake, he trained twice with us. We shouldn't even be talking of England, being in the picture.
He trained with us twice, but he’s been training in England his whole life. At the end of the day it’s up to him, the U20 call up is just validation of his talent.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

okidoki wrote:
Damunk wrote:

His agents are trying to force Rohr's hands. The guy plays for QPR for Christ sake!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

There were reports yesterday that he still said he preferred the Nigeria call. The page has now been deleted.

His advisers have probably told him to accept the England U-20 for now since it technically doesn't change anything.
That's probably because they've achieved their goal,by claiming he wants to play for Nigeria he attracted the attention of England.But it might stop at youth football.By the way what happened to the village favourite Tami Abrahamar?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

That's probably because they've achieved their goal,by claiming he wants to play for Nigeria he attracted the attention of England.But it might stop at youth football.By the way what happened to the village favourite Tami Abrahamar?
The Tammy Abraham situation might actually backfire against England.
All the Naija-Brit kids will be aware of the situation and if they sense that he was used and dumped, they might not be too keen on jumping at any England call-up if they see it as another case of entrapment.
Its dicey.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Eze plays for England U20 that means he will have to go through the FIFA process to change back to Nigeria. We all know how long it took with Moses, and the kind of funny business that goes along with this.

Rohr should have never let this happen FULL STOP. After all of the hype about Premiership sides wanting him, he should have been invited and capped FULL STOP.

I hope this does not become another situation like the Austrian boy who is a world class left back.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:If Eze plays for England U20 that means he will have to go through the FIFA process to change back to Nigeria. We all know how long it took with Moses, and the kind of funny business that goes along with this.

Rohr should have never let this happen FULL STOP. After all of the hype about Premiership sides wanting him, he should have been invited and capped FULL STOP.

I hope this does not become another situation like the Austrian boy who is a world class left back.
And so? What exactly is the rush? If he wants to play for us he will do what’s necessary and in due time he’ll be capped.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Moses played Junior World Cup for England before playing for Naija..............................Chill guys
Moses wanted to play for Nigeria.
Eze told you he didn't wanted to play abi?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cristao II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:For those who think getting called to the U20 England side isn't anything for us to get worried about, think again.

The current full England squad for the upcomming October games has 2 players who played for the U20's in Septemeber

Mason Mount and James Maddison.

They have also called up 18 year old Jadon Sancho the the full team this month.

Seems they are bringing in a lot of youth.

We need to cap Eze ASAP as well as other dual nationals who are interested like

Lookman
Tomori
Ojo
Watch those three players very well. Mason Mount is the identified replacement for Frank Lampard. James Maddison plays for Leicester and has been playing very well. Jadon Sancho ditto for Dortmund. I have no concerns for Eze. If England caps him life goes on.
I'm actually more worried about Ejaria.................He is playing very well for Rangers in Europe.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

vancity eagle wrote:If Eze plays for England U20 that means he will have to go through the FIFA process to change back to Nigeria. We all know how long it took with Moses, and the kind of funny business that goes along with this.

Honestly every sane person knows where you are coming from . I'm bewildered most folks in this forum have become selectively blind over continuously asinine decisions by this fool that calls himself Rohr. What does it take for this fool to have invited and capped Eze to avert all these unnecessary hullabaloo. What has Nigeria got lose if he has invited this boy to seal his fate. There is no question about it this man is deprived of common sense and foresight, Honestly I question his integrity and sincerity. He acts more like a traitor with deep rooted malicious and nefarious intent,
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Moses played Junior World Cup for England before playing for Naija..............................Chill guys
I don’t get their reasoning sef, how would we cap Eze if he doesn’t want to play for us? As long as that desire is there who cares if he plays youth footie for England? Let them prepare him for us.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
I don’t get their reasoning sef, how would we cap Eze if he doesn’t want to play for us? As long as that desire is there who cares if he plays youth footie for England? Let them prepare him for us.
It seems to me you and Rohr are identical twin brothers extremely parochial . I hope this does not reflect in your daily activities. Hopefully you are being unnecessarily insidious ,
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

All the Naija-Brit kids will be aware of the situation and if they sense that he was used and dumped, they might not be too keen on jumping at any England call-up if they see it as another case of entrapment.
Its dicey.
If Tammy was any good England would have taken him to Russia.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
No but not everyone one is Moses so don’t wait in vain,you can’t just think England are going to let you take all their youth prodigies with Nigerian heritage because you want them all, what I’m saying is you can’t build a team on uncertainty if you get any it’s luck it’s not gaurenteed so in the mean time the NFF should concentrate on what’s definite (I know many Nigerians don’t always understand).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

Its dicey.
If Tammy was any good England would have taken him to Russia.
He, like most of these young players is still developing. Not everyone is an Mbappe or a Jesus. He would never have made the England squad to Russia.
They capped him to trap him in case he keeps getting better.

If they keep on doing that, the Naija kids will quickly soji say something fishy dey up. :idea:
By the time they cap and drop Abraham, Lookman, Ejaria, Ojo, Eze, Solanke, Tomori... the penny would have long dropped.

On our part, we also have to be cautious.
They only become 'ours' after playing in a competitive match, but we can't be trying them all out in such games with so much at stake. They're not the finished article. They're still kids with much to learn. The African soccer terrain nor be beans. Take them to Uganda, or Sierra Leone, or Sudan or Guinea. That's when they'll be told "na Africa we dey, my brother". :D

So its a gradual process.
We shouldn't forget that.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
It seems to me you and Rohr are identical twin brothers extremely parochial . I hope this does not reflect in your daily activities. Hopefully you are being unnecessarily insidious ,
You really need to stop and realize that this is soccer...a game, maybe lack of this knowledge is a tiny portion of your overall mania...grow up, you act like the typical millennial who can’t handle differing opinions.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
You really need to stop and realize that this is soccer...a game, maybe lack of this knowledge is a tiny portion of your overall mania...grow up, you act like the typical millennial who can’t handle differing opinions.
Very impulsive. Just like a kid, but he's an old man.
They call it arrested development.

Check out his outbursts over the years. Just about everyone dey inside.... sotay, he yab himself. :rotf:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Very impulsive. Just like a kid, but he's an old man.
They call it arrested development.

Check out his outbursts over the years. Just about everyone dey inside.... sotay, he yab himself. :rotf:
Here we go again with this snake oil seller. I once told you I don't have time for unscrupulous human beings. Are you still administering plain normal saline as fertility drug ?
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: