Chinese Journalist finishes Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Chinese Journalist finishes Ighalo

Post by gochino »

But seriously Ighalo has just scored 1 international goal from open play :shock:

He presently boast of 20 goals in 25 games for Chanchung Yatai in the Chinese Super League but Odion Ighalo has only found the back of the net five times in his three years stint with the senior national team of Nigeria.
Frankfurter Millionäre wollen dieses Geheimnis verbergen
The former Udinese forward made his senior national team bow for Nigeria in 2015 in a 1-1 draw against South Africa on the 29th of March but since then he has only scored in games against Cameroon (twice), Algeria, Luxembourg and Chad.

With 21 caps to his name, it’s a thing of worry when one consider the fact that he has only scored thrice for Nigeria in competitive games with his two other goals coming in friendly games and even his three competitive goals, two came via the spot.

Only once has he found the back of the net from open play in a competitive game for Nigeria and that came in the 4-0 drubbing of Cameroon in Uyo during the Russia 2018 World Cup Qualifiers.

DONT MISS ==> BREAKING: WENGER CONFIRMS ARSENAL WILL SIGN NWAKALI AND CHUKWUEZE
In China, he scored 15 goals in his debut season last year and he presently has 20 this season but China based journalist Kong Li insist the 29 year old goal count still doesn’t make him one of the feared strikers in the team.

” Ighalo is loved and respected by fans of his club but in the league he is viewed like any other player despite his current status as the second top scorer in the top division. His goals have a touch of luck and lack of finesse “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” This season he has scored seven times from the spot unlike last season, where only two of his 15 goals came from penalties. Beside Chinese teams don’t invest in defenders, so most times he is up against very poorly organised teams.

” His wealth of experience should not be discarded though but it appears the drop in his game at international level has a lot to do with the lack of competition he faces in China and the easy way which he scores unlike for Nigeria, where opponents of Nigeria’s national teams are drilled to defend when up against him‎”, he concluded
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/10/10/ig ... lains-why/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chinese Journalist finishes Ighalo

Post by maceo4 »

Thanks for stating the obvious, also he's never been prolific at any decent level apart from one season in the EPL
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I did a calculation that Ighalo scores a goal every 750 something minutes or something to that effect. It's obvious our people don't know football or else we won't be parading him as our main striker
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

China based journalist Kong Li
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ok Ayo.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

That first goal against poor Cameroon sealed his place in team so far
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

metalalloy wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I didn’t know he was smashing in goals for fun outin China :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Ighalo is the luckiest striker ever to play for Nigeria. He is also the best example of Rohr's loyalty and the German's failure to understand that Nigeria's soccer is about offence, not defence, just as we sprint in athletics and let others do marathons.

Nigeria does not lack strikers, and Ighalo is one of the poorest in the first team in the past generation. He keeps Ighalo in the team allegedly to hold up the ball, but our game is to move the ball and put it in the net. Ighalo cannot strike the ball, and that is the most basic skill a striker should possess. If he had that, we would have done better in the past, aka the World Cup, and yet Rohr continues to affirm he is our only.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The Chinese journalist is doing what the Naija media should have done ages ago

The Chinese should take over Nigeria
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Mi Kun from Ijeshazing :tic:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
why una dey so dishonest?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:I did a calculation that Ighalo scores a goal every 750 something minutes or something to that effect. It's obvious our people don't know football or else we won't be parading him as our main striker
This ya maths get k-leg. If he played 21 times(21*90 mins = 1890 mins total minutes played assuming he played all game for all appearances) for SE and scored 5 times. How can 1890 divided by 5 equal to 750? :D

He has scored once every ~4 plus games he has played for Nigeria.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:The Chinese journalist is doing what the Naija media should have done ages ago

Diplomat Rawlings, are you suggesting the Chinese journalists should takeover our (Naija's) media or the entire Naija?

Personally, I think the Chinese media is reporting what many Nigerians already know, but at the end, it's up to our coach to decide
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

China based journalist Kong Li AKA...............Ayo Akinfe
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote:
Rawlings wrote:The Chinese journalist is doing what the Naija media should have done ages ago

Diplomat Rawlings, are you suggesting the Chinese journalists should takeover our (Naija's) media or the entire Naija?

Personally, I think the Chinese media is reporting what many Nigerians already know, but at the end, it's up to our coach to decide
Yes, the Chinese should take over and run Naija
while you guys are running from the country, they are moving there in their numbers
we even have a Chinese "restaurant" close to Afuze
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
On the subject of honesty, I am curious: have you apologized to Udinese's Troost-Ekong? I seem to recall you lambasting him for coming to the club to warm the bench, but he has not missed a start since his arrival.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Polly wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
On the subject of honesty, I am curious: have you apologized to Udinese's Troost-Ekong? I seem to recall you lambasting him for coming to the club to warm the bench, but he has not missed a start since his arrival.
You want me to apologize for a prediction gone wrong?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

''In China, he scored 15 goals in his debut season last year and he presently has 20 this season but China based journalist Kong Li insist the 29 year old goal count still doesn’t make him one of the feared strikers in the team.

” Ighalo is loved and respected by fans of his club but in the league he is viewed like any other player despite his current status as the second top scorer in the top division. His goals have a touch of luck and lack of finesse “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com.''
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lmao..
Chinese based journalist told owngoal??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Many people all of a sudden now believe owngoal just because they wrote what they want to ''see and hear.''. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I did a calculation that Ighalo scores a goal every 750 something minutes or something to that effect. It's obvious our people don't know football or else we won't be parading him as our main striker
This ya maths get k-leg. If he played 21 times(21*90 mins = 1890 mins total minutes played assuming he played all game for all appearances) for SE and scored 5 times. How can 1890 divided by 5 equal to 750? :D

Chief, Ighalo has played more than 21 games for Nigeria and regardless of maths, scoring 4 or five goals in about 25 matches is frigging poor by anyone's standard. Your emphasis should be on quality.

I wasn't surprised when he failed to score at the WC. He scored against Cameroon and that was the end of it. All the remaining wc qualifying matches, pre wc friendlys and wc games not a single goal.
He only manage to score a pen against George Weah to break his drought.

My brother Ighalo is a terrible striker for any ambitious team.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:

Chief, Ighalo has played more than 21 games for Nigeria and regardless of maths, scoring 4 or five goals in about 25 matches is frigging poor by anyone's standard. Your emphasis should be on quality.

I wasn't surprised when he failed to score at the WC. He scored against Cameroon and that was the end of it. All the remaining wc qualifying matches, pre wc friendlys and wc games not a single goal.

All these epistle still don’t negate the fact that your maths sucks.... :D

And by the way, I agree with you on Misses Ighalo being a terrible striker. He needs not be starting for SE.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Rawlings wrote:
Polly wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Prediction? Heck No! Apologize because you are a decent human being who knows right from wrong, and left from left to rot.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Polly wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Polly wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Prediction? Heck No! Apologize because you are a decent human being who knows right from wrong, and left from left to rot.
are u seriously telling me there are no decent human beings in Gidi?
99% of Nigerians predicted, Naija will beat Croatia and/or make it to the next round of the world cup
You were one of them .... :sneaky:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cito wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Cito wrote:

All these epistle still don’t negate the fact that your maths sucks.... :D

And by the way, I agree with you on Misses Ighalo being a terrible striker. He needs not be starting for SE.
I really don't know why you no chop rice leave stone?
I was trying to reference a thread which was posted a while back

Here's the gist of the thread and a link. Knock yourself out about your maths class :tic:
gochino wrote::shock: Kai so Ighalo has just scored 3 goals in 25 games from open play!
Naija's leading striker. What a joke. A goal every 750 minutes. I warned against this prior to the WC. We did not play 750 minutes at the WC.
If we are serious, Ighalo should not even be in our C team.
posting.php?mode=edit&f=1&p=5323246

You notice the thread at the time suggests he has 3 goals in 25 games?