IS THE LIBYA MATCH IN UYO IS ON FRIDAY?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
IS THE LIBYA MATCH IN UYO IS ON FRIDAY?

Post by Obong »

It appears some outlets are saying the match is on Saturday. The CAF website lists the matches for Friday and Monday.
The second leg is on Monday at a stadium to be determined in Tunisia.

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competit ... s/Fixtures
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: IS THE LIBYA MATCH IN UYO IS ON FRIDAY?

Post by highbury »

Obong wrote:It appears some outlets are saying the match is on Saturday. The CAF website lists the matches for Friday and Monday.

Nothing is ever straight forward in Africa, let alone Nigeria
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

highbury wrote:
Obong wrote:It appears some outlets are saying the match is on Saturday. The CAF website lists the matches for Friday and Monday.

Nothing is ever straight forward in Africa, let alone Nigeria
Naija is alone when it comes to complicating simple things
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It’s supposed to be Played on Friday (Live score) but I’ve also read a report that says Libya are flying in on Thursday to play Nigeria on Saturday.

https://www.livescore.com/soccer/2018-10-12/
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

(Scroll down)

https://africanfootball.com/match/44858 ... a-vs-Libya

And to think it was originally slated Wednesday 10th October.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

(Scroll down)

https://africanfootball.com/match/44858 ... a-vs-Libya

And to think it was originally slated Wednesday 10th October.
This one says Friday AND Saturday.
Madness.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

My understanding is that match was initially scheduled for Friday and weeks ago Nigeria asked for a change to Saturday which was granted by CAF. As far as I know the game has been scheduled for Saturday at Uyo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Saturday.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So I'm guessing the return leg has been moved from Monday 15 to Tuesday 16?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I saw it from the CAF'S Site as being played tomorrow and that is what I am taking as the correct scheduled day for the match. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Meanwhile, Rohr is still referencing Saturday.Wow.

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/10/11/a ... bya-clash/

The issue of who will wear the captain armband when Nigeria take on Libya on Saturday in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers has been laid to rest by coach of the team Gernot Rohr.

Ahmed Musa who captained the Nigerian team against Seychelles was reported by Owngoalnigeria.com as the one to wear the armband against Libya and not Ogenyi Onazi.

Onazi was appointed vice-captain last year after Musa dropped the armband due to pressing family issues which eventually led to the Al-Nasr forward divorcing his first wife.

Rohr confirmed in an interview after the training session of the team ‎that Musa will continue as captain of the team against Libya in the absence of main captain John Obi Mikel.

” Musa will captain the team against Libya. He was captain against Seychelles and in the absence of our captain, he will captain on Saturday. Getting a win is our main priority against Libya “, the coach told Owngoalnigeria.com in a chat.

Ade Emmanuel
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Obong wrote:Meanwhile, Rohr is still referencing Saturday.Wow.

The issue of who will wear the captain armband when Nigeria take on Libya on Saturday in the AFCON 2019 Qualifiers has been laid to rest by coach of the team Gernot Rohr.

Ahmed Musa who captained the Nigerian team against Seychelles was reported by Owngoalnigeria.com as the one to wear the armband against Libya and not Ogenyi Onazi.

Onazi was appointed vice-captain last year after Musa dropped the armband due to pressing family issues which eventually led to the Al-Nasr forward divorcing his first wife.

Rohr confirmed in an interview after the training session of the team ‎that Musa will continue as captain of the team against Libya in the absence of main captain John Obi Mikel.

” Musa will captain the team against Libya. He was captain against Seychelles and in the absence of our captain, he will captain on Saturday. Getting a win is our main priority against Libya “, the coach told Owngoalnigeria.com in a chat.

Ade Emmanuel
well in my FIFA 19 Musa is my captain and the best player
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Musa isn't a great choice for captain. Ekong and Balogun are much more vocal and seem like better leaders. I also hope Rohr isn't planning to play Musa as a winger again.

Onazi if he starts also seems like a better choice for captain than Musa. However, I'll rather start with Etebo and Ndidi as my CM/DMs.
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Ade Emmanuel
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ade Emmanuel
read EII's post
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Ade Emmanuel
read EII's post
Read it. Just a poor job by the NFF at match publicity and information management.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Enugu II wrote:My understanding is that match was initially scheduled for Friday and weeks ago Nigeria asked for a change to Saturday which was granted by CAF. As far as I know the game has been scheduled for Saturday at Uyo.
EII,
As noted by Eaglezbeak, is the return leg still on Monday or has it been moved to Tuesday or any subsequent day? Will be a dash for the airport by both teams if the return leg is on Monday.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Ade Emmanuel
But the question has been answered by Enugu II :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Obong wrote:
Enugu II wrote:My understanding is that match was initially scheduled for Friday and weeks ago Nigeria asked for a change to Saturday which was granted by CAF. As far as I know the game has been scheduled for Saturday at Uyo.
EII,
As noted by Eaglezbeak, is the return leg still on Monday or has it been moved to Tuesday or any subsequent day? Will be a dash for the airport by both teams if the return leg is on Monday.
I am sure the return leg has been moved. According to Fifa rules there has to be at least 3 days between competitive and grade A friendly matches. I stand corrected on the rules though.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I love this Uyo stadium sha.
E too fine.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Damunk wrote:I love this Uyo stadium sha.
E too fine.

It's already falling apart
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:

I saw it from the CAF'S Site as being played tomorrow and that is what I am taking as the correct scheduled day for the match. Thus, ...
...seems CAF granted the change to Sat without changing/updating the info on their website. Africa, a weird people we are.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rawlings wrote:
Damunk wrote:I love this Uyo stadium sha.
E too fine.

It's already falling apart
See jealousy and ill wishes....its really not so stop it... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Based on what?
Let me guess...you are privy to the player dynamics in the SE locker room, right? Or you just pulled that out of your hinnie.

Some of your people are really funny. Fact is Musa has and will continue to be a GREAT team captain if and when called upon to do so.
olu wrote:Musa isn't a great choice for captain. Ekong and Balogun are much more vocal and seem like better leaders. I also hope Rohr isn't planning to play Musa as a winger again.

Onazi if he starts also seems like a better choice for captain than Musa. However, I'll rather start with Etebo and Ndidi as my CM/DMs.
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Ade Emmanuel