ROHR, JUST PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG WITH REGARDS TO IGHALO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR, JUST PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG WITH REGARDS TO IGH

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:Ighalo is not a trustworthy striker, we've only got 90 mins a game to score a goal or two. The bigger issue is there aren't options out there peeps are clamouring for to replace him. We need to find a good striker, it may take looking indepth and not just relying on which club or league the player is at.
If there is a striker somewhere ready to slot into the role then there should be evidence of his existence already.
At this level, he's not just going to pop out of the woodwork or a bowl of rice. And Rohr isn't going to manufacture him in the NFF kitchen. That's not his role as national team coach.
Na beans?
Our situation is dire, we may need to employ unconventional ways to unearth a striker. So many players fall by the way side. There may be a good striker out there just needing a break and is fit for purpose. I'd be grateful if Ighalo turns out to be a very late bloomer but I doubt it.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Adisboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:Ighalo is not a trustworthy striker, we've only got 90 mins a game to score a goal or two. The bigger issue is there aren't options out there peeps are clamouring for to replace him. We need to find a good striker, it may take looking indepth and not just relying on which club or league the player is at.
If there is a striker somewhere ready to slot into the role then there should be evidence of his existence already.
At this level, he's not just going to pop out of the woodwork or a bowl of rice. And Rohr isn't going to manufacture him in the NFF kitchen. That's not his role as national team coach.
Na beans?
Have you not heard of Isaac Success. The only reason he's not starting for Watford is due to the form & understanding between Deeny & Gray. In his 2 starts this season he scored in both. In the recent weeks he has been getting more playing time and it seems inevitable that he would confine Gray to the bench in due course. I can see the same scenario with the super eagles.
I'd like to see Success establish himself and his career more, get one or two full seasons under his belt. The talent is there, no doubt. Can't leave him out right now though.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Na beans?
Have you not heard of Isaac Success. The only reason he's not starting for Watford is due to the form & understanding between Deeny & Gray. In his 2 starts this season he scored in both. In the recent weeks he has been getting more playing time and it seems inevitable that he would confine Gray to the bench in due course. I can see the same scenario with the super eagles.
You're making my point.
For now, Isaac Success is the obvious and likely replacement, not some unknown wonderkid hidden in the NPFL or some obscure league somewhere in the world that Rohr is to somehow "discover" from scratch.
'Di tin we dey find go Sokoto dey for your sokoto trouser'. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Adisboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Na beans?
Considering his antecedence at u-17 and u-20 levels and his play at Udinese and currently at Watford,it strikes me as puzzling that many can't see that Success could be the #9 we have been looking for. I rate him above Ighalo in physical presence, speed, skill, dribbling and overall potential.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Na beans?
Considering his antecedence at u-17 and u-20 levels and his play at Udinese and currently at Watford,it strikes me as puzzling that many can't see that Success could be the #9 we have been looking for. I rate him above Ighalo in physical presence, speed, skill, dribbling and overall potential.
I see, and so does Rohr, why Iheanacho didn't get a chance, no more of his awkward play, Success is built for the no. 9 position and he's beefed up over the last couple of seasons and can play with his back to goal. Plus more reliable finishing and forward play.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Orion wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The pen was soft...... and he almost missed it Keeper went the right way and got a hand to it. He missed several chances in the first half if we had a proper striker the game would of been over by half time. Imagine even after the third goals I was praying that he gets taken off.
That's the big if. Do we have one? Do we have another striker that has proven himself with GOALS in the last 10 games for the SE that we can safely say is a better option than Ighalo? Or are we gonna prefer to have someone there who is not scoring so that we can point the finger at the coach and complain instead of acknowledging that perhaps our striker is just not good enough?
He is the best we've got.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

JACKAL wrote:Sorry People, I dont share your jubilation about Ighalos hatrick today.

Penalty, potential offside, scrappy goal !!!

This is Rohr trying to justify his unexplained belief in Ighalo. His hattrick today is just an attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

Ighalo is not the striker who will take us to the promised. He is a fully grown striker who is still learning how to play the position at this late time in his life. Not recipe for sustained success at the highest level. When we start playing real teams, then you will find out you have been sold a bill of goods again.
Responding to you would be trying to knock sense into a jackal.
http://www.naijiant.com/
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:
Adisboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Na beans?
I see, and so does Rohr, why Iheanacho didn't get a chance, no more of his awkward play, Success is built for the no. 9 position and he's beefed up over the last couple of seasons and can play with his back to goal. Plus more reliable finishing and forward play.

Was it you that questioned Iheanachos relevance to the team ?

I have to say that I must agree. He has failed to be a top striker, failed at the AM position, and really only excelled when we play a 352 (same with Musa)

Nacho has failed to expand on his game and with the emergence of other attacking talents I see him mostly as a bench figure from here on out getting fewer and fewer minutes.

He isn't even one of the first 2 attacking options off of e bench at this point.

Players gotta step up and perform if they want to play. We got options in attack now. So much so that Moses' retirement is no big deal.

Guys like Nacho and Musa who have scored goals in the past need to up their game, become more dynamic, or be left behind.

This is all good for SE.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

DIMKA76 wrote:
kajifu wrote:Rohr is not a good coach,how this madman bench iwobi in world cup is something he ned to be send back to Germany.
34004 posts and na this kine post you dey post?
:rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigeria is not bursting at the seams with prolific goalscoring strikers. Our striking options (apart from Ighalo) are a Watford reserve, a player trying to overcome injury issues in the Ukraine, and a Liverpool youth team player.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nacho is still SE best striker provide chances for him and he will score
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?